Break-in arrests lead to alleged cigarette thieves

An unidentified witness helped police solve a series of recent break-ins. The witness called Bennington police on Monday, Feb. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Elmer Fudd

Hampton, NH

#1 Mar 9, 2009
"...the alleged vehicle..."

The banner should do some investigating to determine if it really was a vehicle. Shouldn't take too long.
Vermontis

New Haven, CT

#2 Mar 9, 2009
The " alleged editor" needs to go back and take Journalism 101 again. Allegedly.
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#3 Mar 9, 2009
You guys are asking way too much of The Bennington Banner!
cece

Brighton, MA

#4 Mar 9, 2009
That's great they were caught. Now, I would think a better story would be for a reporter to investigate about the open cigarette case. Why it wasnt locked, what other stores don't practice locking them. Because I am sure it isnt just Paulin's. Does a liquor control officer, the same one that does alcohol/tobacco stings, check on these violations? And if it isnt getting done or followed through on for certain businesses, why?
Samantha Bushika

Bennington, VT

#5 Mar 9, 2009
The Bennington Banner has been tearing me apart for years and I have just let t go, but as our local newspaper it is the banners responsibility to get the story right and THEY NEVER DO! In this article Mr. John D. Waller fails to include the fact that when they executed the search warrant for mine and Trevers home- they found absolutely nothing! We have both been clean and sober for more than 2 years! They found all of the illegal items in Amber Harmons baby bag! They also failed to mention that the eyewitness stated that I never left the vehicle, that, "the driver appeared to be shuffling through something inside the vehicle." I was at Off The Wall to get a membership, I was riffling through my purse because I couldn't find my wallet, I had thought Harmon had taken it. The Banner also failed to mention that Harmon stole $400, 4 of Trevers checks and 2 of my cash cards from our home after we had taken her and her baby in, of course that wouldn't be mentioned, because we were once criminals and are ex-addicts, all fingers point at us and I am sick of this pathetic excuse for a paper exploiting me and not even getting the story straight. We were trying to help Harmon because her husband beat her, so we let her and her baby move into our home. In 1 week she ruined our lives and we were just trying to provide a safe place for her and her baby! So, before you all start judging and passing along this story at the very least get it right. The banner is more like the National Inquirer everyday.
Vermontis

New Haven, CT

#6 Mar 9, 2009
"The search warrants also led to the arrest of Bushika and Trevor Hoag, 33, of Bennington, for the recent cigarette theft at Paulin's Store in North Bennington. "

What part of THAT did the paper get wrong?????? LOL

I suppose, if your living off the taxpayers, might as well do it in jail.

Smoke em if ya got em.
Helloooo

Rochester, VT

#7 Mar 9, 2009
Why the rat, S.B.?
Hmmmm

Essex Junction, VT

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Obviously, Harmon made Bushika and Hoag steal the cigarettes. I also understand that it was Harmon's baby, who smokes up to 3 packs a day, that drove Bushika and Hoag to Paulins for the heist.

I also have heard that Real Vermonter is offering Harmon a place to stay, now that she may have worn out her welcome elsewhere.
Larry

New Britain, CT

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Samantha Bushika wrote:
The Bennington Banner has been tearing me apart for years and I have just let t go, but as our local newspaper it is the banners responsibility to get the story right and THEY NEVER DO! In this article Mr. John D. Waller fails to include the fact that when they executed the search warrant for mine and Trevers home- they found absolutely nothing! We have both been clean and sober for more than 2 years! They found all of the illegal items in Amber Harmons baby bag! They also failed to mention that the eyewitness stated that I never left the vehicle, that, "the driver appeared to be shuffling through something inside the vehicle." I was at Off The Wall to get a membership, I was riffling through my purse because I couldn't find my wallet, I had thought Harmon had taken it. The Banner also failed to mention that Harmon stole $400, 4 of Trevers checks and 2 of my cash cards from our home after we had taken her and her baby in, of course that wouldn't be mentioned, because we were once criminals and are ex-addicts, all fingers point at us and I am sick of this pathetic excuse for a paper exploiting me and not even getting the story straight. We were trying to help Harmon because her husband beat her, so we let her and her baby move into our home. In 1 week she ruined our lives and we were just trying to provide a safe place for her and her baby! So, before you all start judging and passing along this story at the very least get it right. The banner is more like the National Inquirer everyday.
After reading that you must be on the pipe again.
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#10 Mar 9, 2009
Clean and sober for more than 2 years! WOW! Now thats something to be proud of! CRACKER! Sounds like a pipe dream to me! Another pipe dream is that I would offer anything but "THE END" to any of these criminals! There is an open invitation to make an attempt victimize me anytime if you like! I'll give you a place to not live!
vermont

Stowe, VT

#11 Mar 9, 2009
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading that you must be on the pipe again.
i dont think she ever got off where was this other girl when you were thieving at pulins the video only shows you and that trevor guy clear as day cant deny that
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#12 Mar 9, 2009
Probably was distracting the clerk outside!
storm sweeney

United States

#13 Mar 9, 2009
They both are pathelogical liars... speaking from experiance!!! Having only met them a couple of times... one time to many!!! Amber stole checks...$1600.00 worth, my mothers medication and jewelry and the list goes on!! This because we felt sorry for!! Pregnant and homeless!! Shes good!! I want to why it took the police 2 years to catch her??? Lock her up and throw away the key before she really hurts someone I understand shes a habitual offender I want to know why they let her out the last time!!!!!!
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#14 Mar 10, 2009
I knew Bushika had issues, it runs in the family! I also know that Hoag has issues! Please tell me more about this Amber Harmon? I don't know much about her YET!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#15 Mar 10, 2009
I do not know S.B personally just what I have heard from people and read in the banner and court records.. So that was the two on the video at Paulins in N.Bennington.. But she is a good person and has been clean for two years..... yeah clean where??? she forgot to wash her hands.. he fingers are sticky maybe she got jelly on them..... GOOD TRY S.B!!!! as much trouble as you have been in maybe they shold get you as a habitual offender... because I think u like jail.. seems to be where you need to be to keep yourself straight and out of trouble!!!

Location hidden

#16 Mar 10, 2009
Samantha Bushika wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!! what was it my mom use to say???

Oh I know......

Birds of a feather do flock together... and I think your whole post is a bunch of B.S.... and do you think anyone really believes your innocent???

NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Bennington Native

Colchester, VT

#17 Mar 10, 2009
if the Amber girl is such a "loser" , why take her home with you????....hhhhmmmm I KNOW!!! you have some one to blame to steal cigarettes!! that store had probably been cased for months!! and she probably was inside seeing about a membership, to distract THOSE clerks inside off the wall!!

Location hidden

#18 Mar 10, 2009
You can lead a horse to water.... Yet play h e l l to mke him drink.... This girl is always into trouble.. stealing.... drugs.... ect ect ect.....
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#19 Mar 10, 2009
More please?
patriot

Bennington, VT

#20 Mar 10, 2009
What happened here is that these piles of protoplasm probably started blubbering and pointing fingers at one another the minute the Bennington PD identified them. Good, heads-up arrest by the patrol officer who interrupted the BFMV in progress. It didn't take the cops two years to catch them; it took two years for these mental giants to commit a business burglary in full view of surveillance cameras. Hey Mensa, over here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why didn't the riots reach Scotland? | Marianne... (Aug '11) 10 min James 107
No Welfare for Weed Under House Bill 13 min dirtclod 6
Major from Cuba's Interior Ministry reveals all... 2 hr Lord Grandrith 10
Man Sentenced For Meth On Yankton Reservation S... 3 hr franceszephier 1
zopiclone,tramodol and temzapam for sale!! (Jan '14) 3 hr pete 8
Dihydrocodeine 30mg (May '13) 3 hr pete 2
Three Drug Raids In Chillicothe 4 hr swamp donkey 90
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••