Six nabbed in meth raid

Oct 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jacksonsun.com

Agents with the West Tennessee Violent Crime and Drug Task Force have arrested six people and seized two methamphetamine labs after executing a search warrant on the home of a University of Tennessee Martin instructor, according to a news release.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
good grief

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

Judged:

It's good to know that this is who is teaching the youth of tomorrow. When are people ever going to learn that meth is going to get you busted every freaking time. Forget the fact that you could blow yourself up for a freaking high. I have no sympathy for people who are complete and utter morons and do this crap. People will never learn. They forget about the families they hurt in the mean time while they do this. I say send them all down the river and be done with it. That way there is 6 more meth head idiots off the street.
Like A Good Neighbor

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

Judged:

They have taken 6 into custody, but there are 600 more in this area that need to be in custody.
Reed

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2011

Judged:

Like A Good Neighbor wrote:
They have taken 6 into custody, but there are 600 more in this area that need to be in custody.
And some are *cough* from "respectful" families.
Whoa..

Bells, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Like A Good Neighbor wrote:
Do you know the other 600? if you do or if you know ANY of them... Turn them in!! That's what people HAVE to do! If you know ANYBODY you think is cooking, using, selling, etc. PLEASE TURN THEM IN!! Do it anonymously, tell the whole world... Just do it!!
Utm

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

What happened to Brent Cox? I had him in class at Martin and never would have guessed he was involved in meth.
aha

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Utm wrote:
What happened to Brent Cox? I had him in class at Martin and never would have guessed he was involved in meth.
Theres always the possibility that his junkie ass son was doing this without his knowledge yet ofcourse he still got popped for it.

But even more likely is the fact that one of them got the other started and it was a downward spiral from there on.
George

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

Meth is slowly eating away at Bradford.
Like A Good Neighbor

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

George wrote:
Meth is slowly eating away at Bradford.
Sad but true.
sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

It looks like it is eating away everywhere, by addresses given in the paper of the ones arrested.
Local Dr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Meth is a drug that will eventually destroy a person's health or even kill them. That said however this war on drugs will never be won. The only winners in the war on drugs are the courts and the police.

The courts and police are addicted to the money and property that they seize. And heaven only knows what happens to property once it gets seized by the courts.

In a way the police have become junkies for the money and property that they steal..err..seize from others.
Atwood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Here's what the police stole..er..seized,

"The task force reported agents seized meth, Hydrocodone, Morphine, Xanax, some marijuana, four firearms,$507 cash and a 2005 Dodge pickup truck."

Much of that property will end up in someone's wallet..guaranteed.

Dont be snitches people.
Five O

Henry, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Atwood wrote:
"The task force reported agents seized meth, Hydrocodone, Morphine, Xanax, some marijuana, four firearms,$507 cash and a 2005 Dodge pickup truck."
Dont be snitches people.
Oh by all means, people, don't snitch on the poooooor methheads. You're a f_cking moron. I'll snitch on 'em in a heartbeat.
good grief

Beech Bluff, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

don't snitch on people? seriously? that is why there is such a huge problem. to get this stuff off the street people have to snitch on drug dealers and last time i checked that was a good thing not a bad thing. And I'm sure there are some bad cops out there that take things they shouldn't. But was it wrong to take firearms from a drug dealer? I don't think so. Cops seize that stuff then auction it and the money goes to the drug fund that in turn is used to help crack down on criminals like the 6 that were arrested. If you'd like your town to still be infested with drugs then by all means keep complaining about the cops. But they have every right to seize stuff from drug dealers b/c as drug dealers they kinda had it coming.
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Are you really that stupid?
Atwood wrote:
Dont be snitches people.
Obion County

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Do you think they burned all the weed?? Must have been a heck of a fire.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Yes just me, they are. Ask onion co. Lol
Bub

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

Atwood wrote:
Dont be snitches people.
You apparently have no clue what you talking about. The property that is seized goes to seziure court and a judge decides what to do with it, which is usually auctioned off to the public except the guns, and the drugs are destroyed. As far as not snitching, thats one of the most ignorant things someone could say, yes please dont snitch on drug dealers, id hate for them to get caught. If the public knew how much it cost taxpayers to clean up a meth lab, im sure alot of snitching would go on, personally, im sick of my tax money going towards cleaning up these labs that these idiots start!
hmm

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Bub wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently have no clue what you talking about. The property that is seized goes to seziure court and a judge decides what to do with it, which is usually auctioned off to the public except the guns, and the drugs are destroyed. As far as not snitching, thats one of the most ignorant things someone could say, yes please dont snitch on drug dealers, id hate for them to get caught. If the public knew how much it cost taxpayers to clean up a meth lab, im sure alot of snitching would go on, personally, im sick of my tax money going towards cleaning up these labs that these idiots start!
(1) Do you have a clue how easy it is to lose property in a alcohol/drug seizure situation? The police could so much as SAY you are guilty of something and they have the right to seize your property-no proof needed.

Lets say you left your car on the side of the road on this meth bust property at the time they were busted because the radiator blew. Even half on the public roadway, half on their grass, your car would be seized and it would take you MONTHS maybe even years to just get a hearing to see about the possibility of getting your car back in which the system is setup to make sure you cannot get your property back half of the time even if you knew noone at the residence and had no idea what was going on.

And if you just happened to know one of these guys back in high school, even if you yourself were not found guilty of ANYTHING you may as well kiss that car goodbye along with any other property inside of it.

So what are you to say now? Better hope your car is well maintained?

When the property is "auctioned off" the "auction" items are picked over before they ever make it to the "auction" by the local officials. The "auction" is basically non publicized if at all if there is something that must be bid on per state mandate-that way the pig that wants to buy it gets it at a cheap price.

When they all get their fill, bellies fulled up, then they will actually auction things off to raise cash for who knows what. for all we know the guns are given to children who knows.

lets not even get started on cash.

However i do agree with you on the meth lab cleanups, however i am certain the quoted cost is triple what the actual cost is. Yes, everyone snitch lol thats a good thing, it makes the local government a ton of proceeds.
sum it up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Hmm, you my friend are a complete idiot about the seizure process. An officer does have to have proof to seize property, no matter what it is. They have to show proof to a judge as to the property being proceeds of the drug trade or used to help further the crime. And, it has to be felony amounts of drugs. And the state works hard to see to it that a person gets their property back and it doesn't take years. So, until you have actually seized property, had property seized or worked for the state that administers the hearings you should probably research the issue a little bit more.
hmm

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Judged:

sum it up wrote:
Hmm, you my friend are a complete idiot about the seizure process. An officer does have to have proof to seize property, no matter what it is. They have to show proof to a judge as to the property being proceeds of the drug trade or used to help further the crime. And, it has to be felony amounts of drugs. And the state works hard to see to it that a person gets their property back and it doesn't take years. So, until you have actually seized property, had property seized or worked for the state that administers the hearings you should probably research the issue a little bit more.
HMM, i would say mark agee, gibson county sheriffs dept. and the Tennessee department of transportation must not know what their talking about/doing then.....but of course, you do. I think we all know how things around here work, its not clear cut law enforcement its the good ole boy system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••