Several drug arrests made by deputies

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Department, in conjunction with two other agencies, made several drug arrests and issued several court citations over the past week. Full Story
First Prev
of 33
Next Last
Git-R-Done

AOL

#2 Oct 13, 2006
Maybe they will keep going and get them all.
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 14, 2006
smokngun420 wrote:
About time cops start doin the right things.
Now why dont you start doing the right thing. Get A LIFE...
freedomfighter1

United States

#6 Oct 17, 2006
The right thing would be to legalize the drugs. The U.S. calls itself the most free nation in the world, yet we still hold on to repressive drug policies that are being abandoned in the name of liberty in the other developed countries.
General

United States

#7 Oct 17, 2006
smokngun420 wrote:
They need to do something.
They need a drug offender list just like the sexual perverts.
freedomfighter1

United States

#8 Oct 17, 2006
General wrote:
<quoted text>
They need a drug offender list just like the sexual perverts.
The list would be bigger than a phone book and would serve no purpose so why would we want to waste tax payer dollars on it?
Tell me

Columbia, KY

#9 Oct 18, 2006
freedomfighter1 wrote:
The right thing would be to legalize the drugs. The U.S. calls itself the most free nation in the world, yet we still hold on to repressive drug policies that are being abandoned in the name of liberty in the other developed countries.
oh really? what other developed countries that have the same freedoms as the u.s. have legalized illicit drug use or possession?
freedomfighter1

United States

#10 Oct 18, 2006
Virtually every nation in Europe have legaization programs in one form or another. Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands have all instituted some kind of legalization, You can now smoke a joint in Britain, and Ansterdam in the Netherlands has legalized vitually everything. each of these nations is a least as free as the U.S., more so in many cases, as this drug legalization movement points out (they have the drug liberties, we don't).

Liberty in general has become an unknown concept in America in recent years, but that being said, even the good old USA will not be able to stem the tide of legalization.

Nevada has a ballot initiative this election season to legalize small amounts of marijuana, San Fransisco has had a successful medicinal marijuana program for several years, with a major drive by the people to legalize all together.

So like it or not, it's coming. The people have simply lived with out freedom for too long and they are not going to take it any more.

I fyou would like to Know more about the marijuana legalization movement please check out this site:

http://www.pot-cast.com

This is a journalism site dedicated to covering the movement.
ksp

Auburn Hills, MI

#11 Nov 10, 2006
when they catch these drugies & sellers the judges smack their hands and the go right back on the street. They need to send them away forever so they can`t sell to our children and grandchildren!
pilot

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Nov 10, 2006
freedomfighter1 wrote:
Virtually every nation in Europe have legaization programs in one form or another. Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands have all instituted some kind of legalization, You can now smoke a joint in Britain, and Ansterdam in the Netherlands has legalized vitually everything. each of these nations is a least as free as the U.S., more so in many cases, as this drug legalization movement points out (they have the drug liberties, we don't).
Liberty in general has become an unknown concept in America in recent years, but that being said, even the good old USA will not be able to stem the tide of legalization.
Nevada has a ballot initiative this election season to legalize small amounts of marijuana, San Fransisco has had a successful medicinal marijuana program for several years, with a major drive by the people to legalize all together.
So like it or not, it's coming. The people have simply lived with out freedom for too long and they are not going to take it any more.
I fyou would like to Know more about the marijuana legalization movement please check out this site:
http://www.pot-cast.com
This is a journalism site dedicated to covering the movement.
You know if you aren't happy with the way the United States is, they sell plane tickets everyday. Leave and go to the country of your choice and smoke all the $hit you desire. Stay here and put up with the mothers, fathers and those who just don't want that stuff around our children, legal or non-legal.
Kathy Hoppes

AOL

#13 Nov 12, 2006
freedomfighter1 wrote:
Several countries do allow many things. Smoking weed is not what concerns most people its the other life changing drugs that I want ripped if nessary out of this country. Cocaine Herion Meth ect. I am raising my grandchildren thanks to good ole cocaine. The use of that crap has robbed thousands of kids of their parents. I have lived addiction all my life first through my mother and father and now my daughter. My mother overdosed and died 5 years ago on November 29.There are so many costs in drug use ask me I am very well versed on the affect of drug use. Like I said smoke your weed if you want but do not even try to justify the other stuff.
Ky Tornado

Lexington, KY

#14 Nov 13, 2006
Yep, legalize weed so people can smoke the crap in public, but outlaw cigarettes.
And it is coming, there will be a day that it will be illegal to smoke, all the signs are pointing to that now.
I know the arguments, I have heard them, yes crime rate is down overseas in some countries because drugs are legal. We'd have a great crime record also if cops didn't have to bust every jerk on drugs. it would make us look good also.
But personally, I find it damn hypocritical that some of the very people that gripe about cigs are wanting drugs to be legalized. And don't try to tell me that weed is not dangerous. Because it is.
anonymous

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2006
If they would legalize these drugs then they could be controlled like alcohol is. Alcohol is ten times worse for you than Marijuana is.
zero tolerance

AOL

#16 Nov 13, 2006
Drugs are overtaking the bible belt. Not just the poor or stupid anymore it seems everyone excepts this type of behavior. Stop now before it goes any further. Save our childrens future.
jbird

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Nov 14, 2006
I feel sorry for the people whose lives are so boring, they have to resort to drugs to get any kind of pleasure out of life. And these young people on drugs now, this is where our country's future leaders are to come from?? God help us.
i know

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Nov 14, 2006
it doesnt matter how many ppl you areest or how many ppl stop using and selling....there will always be someone else and some other way
smokngun420

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Nov 14, 2006
Hey "Just Me" I do have a life..what you need to do is get off my case.
freedomfighter1

United States

#20 Nov 15, 2006
anonymous wrote:
If they would legalize these drugs then they could be controlled like alcohol is.
That's the way they do it in Ansterdam and it's working very well for them.

In the Netherlands the controls are mostly for purposes of taxation, so their system brings in additional revenue as well as insuring basic rights of liberty for the individual.

It's a good way to do things, and we would do well to follow their example.
freedomfighter1

United States

#21 Nov 15, 2006
pilot wrote:
<quoted text>You know if you aren't happy with the way the United States is, they sell plane tickets everyday. Leave and go to the country of your choice and smoke all the $hit you desire. Stay here and put up with the mothers, fathers and those who just don't want that stuff around our children, legal or non-legal.
You may be right, pilot. From your way of thinking, I guess it would always be better to leave the country than to stand up for it's principles, i.e. "land of the free", "liberty and justice for all", etc.

So the next time we get attacked either by terrorists or a foreign army, let's just leave the country instead of fighting the enemy.

It's better than defending ourselves, right?

Man, I don't know where some of you guys get this stuff.

The thing is, when you live in a nation founded on principles, you have to stand up for those principles when they begin to erode. America was intended to be a land of liberty, yet those liberties erode a little more everyday. The drug war is a major source of that erosion. So what needs to be done is to stand up and do something about it.

If abandoning the nation is your way of handling the situation when things get tough or things aren't going your way, you're free to do it,

But my approach is to stay and fight.
james

United States

#22 Nov 16, 2006
Good work! Keep go after them. You may not get them all but everyone you get off the street that is one more who will not be killing kids
BUCKFUSH

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Nov 16, 2006
The law should stay out of peoples personal private affairs.

There are murderers and rapists out there to catch.

Ah, but that's TOO hard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rome woman accused of heroin possession 4 hr haa 10
Utica man faces multiple counts of drug possession 4 hr Rolly Polly Utican 1
Prostitution sting nets arrests in New Port Richey (Aug '07) 6 hr jerseyluv 12
Pair accused of selling pot in Orleans County (Feb '14) 7 hr SSS69 36
City traffic stop leads to felony drug arrest 9 hr eightDAZEtillCRI... 3
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... 10 hr reality is a crutch 2
Pelham man arrested on cocaine charges 19 hr Towny 1