Malone man faces up to life in prison for marijuana smuggling conspiracy

Jan 31, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watertown Daily Times

A Malone man faces up to life in prison after being found guilty Thursday in federal court of distributing more than 1,000 pounds of marijuana smuggled from Canada into the United States through the Akwesasne Mohawk Reservation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The truth

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Excuse me but he doesn't even own that property nor in charge of it, they convicted him because of prior charge,which was declared at pre-trial not to be brought up. It was and the Judge refused to declare a mistrial. It's a violation of his rights. All statements made against Peters were made by people who are currently in jail. They had no other evidence. But because of something he did over 15yrs. ago they convict him? This is the biggest case of injustice ever!
The truth

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Oh yeah reliable sources Alain Forget, Cheryl Lobdell both have been in trouble arrested numerous times over the years. Selling illegal guns, and the other a known cocaine addict.
Peters has not had more than a speeding ticket in the last 12 yrs. just racial profiling because he is Native American.
Malone1

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Enough with the expensive stupidness, legalize pot!

And give those cops something productive to do! And if there is nothing, get rid of them.
Right

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

There IS nothing productive...just sadistic harassment and kabuke theater.

Legalize it.

What a boon to this area that would be.
The truth

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Number 1 runner wrote:
So u agree he isnt a malone man as stated? Native.....? Thats profiling lmao
I said he was native dumbass,not that he isn't a malone man,put your name on hear for a couple days then take a trip to the Rez see if they think your funny!
didnt kill any1

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

LEGALIZE IT
OBSERVER

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

didnt kill any1 wrote:
LEGALIZE IT
WHAT A STUPID SOLUTION,.,,
Why so you believe that making another intoxicating substance legal will some how help this nation..?/ Lets make all "illegal drugs" legal.,,, with that mentality no one would ever be arrested for dealing in drugs or having them... would that solve problems or create many, many more/??/// Saying the marihuana is no more harmful than alcohol is like saying car accidents are no worse than pickup truck accidents... it just does not make sense... Enough problems with alcohol, adding marihuana to the mix is not going to make things better.
The truth

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT A STUPID SOLUTION,.,,
Why so you believe that making another intoxicating substance legal will some how help this nation..?/ Lets make all "illegal drugs" legal.,,, with that mentality no one would ever be arrested for dealing in drugs or having them... would that solve problems or create many, many more/??/// Saying the marihuana is no more harmful than alcohol is like saying car accidents are no worse than pickup truck accidents... it just does not make sense... Enough problems with alcohol, adding marihuana to the mix is not going to make things better.
What a stupid answer! Ok how many people are in jail right now for using/selling government approved "legal drugs"? Or maybe you would prefer our children do something more deadly like bath salts,"legal" marjuana,heroin,the list goes on. If they legalized it these children would not turn to these harmful and deadly drugs! Oh and sorry to tell you but do some research on alcohol and see home many crimes are committed by drunks. Have you tried marjuana? If not then how the hell do you know the effects.

Also this post is about our corrupt legal system violating someone's rights with no evidence!

Since: Sep 08

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

People need to look at what Pot is used for, They need to look up what it was used for back in the 1600 and up to 1920. The drug Co. and Hurst want it banned for 2 very different reason. Hurst want it banned so his news paper would use wood for paper instead f hemp paper, Why you might ask? because he owned a lot of forest and he wanted to make more money. So getting hemp plants banned was the fist step. The drug Co. wanted it made illegal so thy could sell you drugs. That you can grow. That's all so why the drug co. wanted booze made illegal, so they could sell it as medicine .

xd
OBVERVER

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid answer! Ok how many people are in jail right now for using/selling government approved "legal drugs"? Or maybe you would prefer our children do something more deadly like bath salts,"legal" marjuana,heroin,the list goes on. If they legalized it these children would not turn to these harmful and deadly drugs! Oh and sorry to tell you but do some research on alcohol and see home many crimes are committed by drunks. Have you tried marjuana? If not then how the hell do you know the effects.
Also this post is about our corrupt legal system violating someone's rights with no evidence!
Hum,,, another pot head selling his phoney idea that using pot is harmless. to the people using it and to society in general.. Of course many crimes are committed be people using alcohol that's why its stupid to introduce another intoxicating drug into society.. Telling me that all marihuana users are just easy going mellow people is BS. I got involved in Dallas Texas when I was in the service with a bunch of marihuana smoking fools and they were far from easy going,,, and easy to get along with...Most of them were paranoid, people angry with the establishment and any one else who did not agree with their thinking....just as you are..and yes they were combative at times , just like drunks..
I have met many people in my life that use a variety of drugs,, including coke and heroin and in every case when you talk to them, they will tell you one of first drugs they tried was marihuana.. so don't try to tell me that using marihuana will not lead to people using other drugs... that is just plain bunk.
OBVERVER

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

You attack the legal system because it stops you from open access to your drug, marihuana,, and express anger.. yes easy going not worse than alcohol,,, baloney.

And how do you know there was not legal evidence again the guy, if not how was he found guilty,,,,Oh I know the system is corrupt.. getting more people high on marihuana will surely fix that won't it...?/ BS.. marihuana will create its own group of angry ,people involved in all kinds of illegal stuff,,, just like alcohol does,,,
OBSERVER

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

Well where are all the gentle mellow pot heads telling us all how harmless pot is to those that use it and to society..
I mention above,,,(ya I mis- typed Observer,,as Obverver,, so you can mention that too,,),,, any how most of the regular users of pot that I have known,,, particularly those in their 20 and 30' are lazy, lazy do nothing types, more concerned with living off their parents and relatives and society than actually getting a real job.. so all the BS you can muster to spew out about how great pot is is just that BS.. We will build a dying society of useless young people who do nothing , care about nothing and contribute nothing to society ,, gee just like a lot of drunks,,but of course that's to be expected,, pot is no worse than alcohol,,,OK POT HEADS LETS HEAR YOUR BULL%%# WORDS ON THE GLORY OF "THC"
The truth

Livonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

OBSERVER wrote:
Well where are all the gentle mellow pot heads telling us all how harmless pot is to those that use it and to society..
I mention above,,,(ya I mis- typed Observer,,as Obverver,, so you can mention that too,,),,, any how most of the regular users of pot that I have known,,, particularly those in their 20 and 30' are lazy, lazy do nothing types, more concerned with living off their parents and relatives and society than actually getting a real job.. so all the BS you can muster to spew out about how great pot is is just that BS.. We will build a dying society of useless young people who do nothing , care about nothing and contribute nothing to society ,, gee just like a lot of drunks,,but of course that's to be expected,, pot is no worse than alcohol,,,OK POT HEADS LETS HEAR YOUR BULL%%# WORDS ON THE GLORY OF "THC"
Go start a topic about your own crap! And the pothead guys you were with in service probably had many issues as clearly you do to. As for being lazy that is the parents fault! Instead of giving their kids everything they want show them how to work. And jobs Malone has none it's going downhill fast businesses can't even afford to stay open. Pot is the least of this crapholes problems,start with the corrupt government system.

P.S. You really shouldn't talk to yourself on here it's shows how crazy you are by writing answers back on here when nobody was even replying to you!
how-jess

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Tell me this! Can you honestly say you are happy to pay over the top in taxes just so they can house that guy in club fed for the next 50 years knowing its about $30,000 a year to cover the cost of housing a federal inmate??? Then take into account what it cost just arrest him (servalence, man hours, and ect.) All that for something god intended to grow naturally. Herion, coke, all those are broken down with chemicals and not nateral. Not saying pot is the cure but were definately not taking the right approach
really

Watervliet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

how-jess wrote:
Tell me this! Can you honestly say you are happy to pay over the top in taxes just so they can house that guy in club fed for the next 50 years knowing its about $30,000 a year to cover the cost of housing a federal inmate??? Then take into account what it cost just arrest him (servalence, man hours, and ect.) All that for something god intended to grow naturally. Herion, coke, all those are broken down with chemicals and not nateral. Not saying pot is the cure but were definately not taking the right approach
God made, arsenic , and rattlesnakes, and plants that are poison,, so what is your point.. This society is in a mess,,, just think how much money we could save if everything that's illegal were make legal... The cost of doing that would make more problems than we could deal with. Marihuana is a mind altering drug, we need clear thinking people to solve the problems, not pot heads high on marihuana or drunks on alcohol....

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>
God made, arsenic , and rattlesnakes, and plants that are poison,, so what is your point.. This society is in a mess,,, just think how much money we could save if everything that's illegal were make legal... The cost of doing that would make more problems than we could deal with. Marihuana is a mind altering drug, we need clear thinking people to solve the problems, not pot heads high on marihuana or drunks on alcohol....
Why do the leaders of Malone or in Washington D.C. do not have to take piss test for illegal drugs? But these same people who don't have to take drug test make life changing law, send people to war, tell works crews when its safe to go out, but only the lower paid people are made to take the piss test. But not the ones in charge.

xd

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

If you really wanted to stop drugs, Start pissing testing in school 4 grade would be a great starting place. Think about all the money it would save if it was nip at the bud. LOL

xd
Right

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalization would limit access to kids, at least to the extent that alcohol regulations now limit underage access to alcohol. It all comes down to parenting, still, and not reliance on the nanny state to parent for those who are incompetent.

At any rate I'm tired of flying pigs snooping into my backyard. If they didn't have pot plants to scope out. maybe they'd have to go out and get, um, PRODUCTIVE jobs. I'm fine with that, too.
Right

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

And, absolutely, law enforcement wants as many legal limitations on our rights as possible. It allows them more opportunities to destroy lives to prop up their own averages, with little or no effort on their part.

Marijuana is well on its way to being legal in this country, again. Since that is the case, prosecuting anyone to this extent for that is absolutely ludicrous. And viscious. And SADISTIC.
Right

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

xdrunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do the leaders of Malone or in Washington D.C. do not have to take piss test for illegal drugs? But these same people who don't have to take drug test make life changing law, send people to war, tell works crews when its safe to go out, but only the lower paid people are made to take the piss test. But not the ones in charge.
xd
It's only minorities and poor people who ever get prosecuted for anything. Look at the prisons.

I'd LOVE to know what exactly the connection is between the District Attorney's office, and the cartels that carry out the international heroin trade. You sure don't ignore anything that big and that blatant for no reason.

It's so easy to harrass poor people and minorities. So few of them ever bite back.

And it even makes stupid people think you're actually doing your jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Three St. Lawrence County residents charged wit... 50 min Resident 7
8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co. (Jan '10) 1 hr xza 26
Off-duty Windsor cop faces drug charge 2 hr neat dresser nomean smart 1
Gilmore Street raid nets 9 arrests 3 hr Truth--Hurts 2
Domestic violence victims say they'll move out ... 3 hr Kim CT 1
Norwood man charged with underage possession of... 3 hr gilligan martinez 1
Cops: Florida official hid meth pipe in rectum 4 hr Deb 5
•••
•••