Patrol: Woman smuggles drugs into Lebanon prison

Feb 26, 2009 Full story: MiddletownJournal 12

A Dayton woman will appear in Lebanon Municipal Court on Thursday, Feb. 26, after Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers arrested her Wednesday for attempting to convey drugs into the Lebanon Correctional ...

Full Story
Legalise marijuana

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2009
So, there was a snitch involved. Her son talked and a cellmate ratted him out. And this is what we waste our tax dollars on? We are going to incarcerate this woman for 5 years because she was trying to bring relief to her son. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Pot is illegal and blah blah blah about bringing in contraband to a prison. As if drugs weren't rampant in prison anyway. There was just today a conviction of an Atlanta prison guard doing the same thing!!!!!

Why was her son locked up in the 1st place? Pot possesstion??? Then this becomes a COMEDY OF ERRORS!!!

WAKE THE PHUCK UP AMERICA!!!!!
Outraged Mother

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2009
What about the herion the guards are bringing in. oooh thats ok huh. What about beating inmates I sapose thats ok too. Yea I watched Channel 5 news. I Herd herd all about the guards covering the camara and beating a inmate. Justice needs to be served
Angry CO

Germantown, OH

#3 Apr 3, 2009
First of all, this kid that the mother was bringing the drugs in to is locked up for Murder and will never see the light of day outside a prison wall again. Second, this kid was already in the hole because a fellow officer found crack cocaine in his property hidden in a chess piece. I know this because I was there. So if you think its fine for a convicted killer to get the rights and privlages to use and distribute drugs instead of doing the hard time they deserve, then youre an idiot. Sure there are the dirty Officers who bring the crap in, but sooner or later they always get busted. The bottom line is it makes for a hazzardous environment for the officers and staff working there, and the inmates also. Another fact you did not know is the inmate involved in this checked himself into the hole because he was afraid for his life because he ripped off a fellow inmate in a drug deal inside the prison walls. He did not think that we would find his stash when we took his property out of his old cell. The inmates locked up at this prison are not in for minor offences, so it makes for a dangerous environment all around when drugs are involved. The people who left the comments previously are either ex-cons or have family who are or have been locked up. To those people.. you have never stepped foot into Lebanon so you don't know what its like. Every one of those rapist, murdering pieces of crap needs to line up in front of a fireing squad. You don't have to deel with the thug pieces of trash everyday like we do, so KNOW YOUR ROLL, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2009
Angry CO wrote:
First of all, this kid that the mother was bringing the drugs in to is locked up for Murder and will never see the light of day outside a prison wall again. Second, this kid was already in the hole because a fellow officer found crack cocaine in his property hidden in a chess piece. I know this because I was there. So if you think its fine for a convicted killer to get the rights and privlages to use and distribute drugs instead of doing the hard time they deserve, then youre an idiot. Sure there are the dirty Officers who bring the crap in, but sooner or later they always get busted. The bottom line is it makes for a hazzardous environment for the officers and staff working there, and the inmates also. Another fact you did not know is the inmate involved in this checked himself into the hole because he was afraid for his life because he ripped off a fellow inmate in a drug deal inside the prison walls. He did not think that we would find his stash when we took his property out of his old cell. The inmates locked up at this prison are not in for minor offences, so it makes for a dangerous environment all around when drugs are involved. The people who left the comments previously are either ex-cons or have family who are or have been locked up. To those people.. you have never stepped foot into Lebanon so you don't know what its like. Every one of those rapist, murdering pieces of crap needs to line up in front of a fireing squad. You don't have to deel with the thug pieces of trash everyday like we do, so KNOW YOUR ROLL, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.
"The people who left the comments previously are either ex-cons or have family who are or have been locked up."

Sorry, but you are wrong. No, I've never been to Lebanon, but Lebanon does not have a corner on the prison market. Just like a naked woman, you seen one prison, you've seen 'em all.

Drugs are ramapant in prison because the prisons allow it. They only make examples of trouble makers. Better all the inmates stoned and calm than sober and violent. Use your head.
Angry CO

Germantown, OH

#5 Apr 3, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
<quoted text>
"The people who left the comments previously are either ex-cons or have family who are or have been locked up."
Sorry, but you are wrong. No, I've never been to Lebanon, but Lebanon does not have a corner on the prison market. Just like a naked woman, you seen one prison, you've seen 'em all.
Drugs are ramapant in prison because the prisons allow it. They only make examples of trouble makers. Better all the inmates stoned and calm than sober and violent. Use your head.
I don't know what prisons you have been to, but the prison I work for does not allow it. If a C.O. is caught bringing it in or even buying it to bring it in, they are facing about 1 to 5 years in prison along with losing a good job in an economy where jobs in this area are very scarce. I don't know about the hardcore drugs, but it would be sweet if they leagalized pot and everybody can just be happy and mellow, but that aint gonna happen. Especially since they just banned tobacco for all the prisons in the state of Ohio. So now if someone is caught bringing in tobacco they face the same penalty as if they were bringing in drugs. Hows that for messed up. You are very right about the powers that be making examples out of the trouble makers. It goes for the staff and the inmates. I don't know if you heard about the situation with the C.O.s covering up the camera to beat on an inmate, but thats a good example. Those guys are facing at least 5 years in prison for assult and tampering charges. I was partners with one of the guys that was involved a few months before this happend. The guy that bid in that post after I left was the one that went in and roughed up the inmate for snitching out his dude. Its a crazy place to work in and just when you think you have seen it all, something else comes along. So all in all I agree. Legalize weed and prison for a more mellow work environment... but just weed... and maybee beer in the vending machines.
Ignorance Is Funny

Waynesfield, OH

#6 Apr 27, 2009
"What about the herion the guards are bringing in. oooh thats ok huh. What about beating inmates I sapose thats ok too. Yea I watched Channel 5 news. I Herd herd all about the guards covering the camara and beating a inmate. Justice needs to be served"

herion = heroin
sapose = suppose
herd = heard
camara = camera

I could follow up with a rebuttal to your very humorous comment, but i think that I will save my time for something better, such as contributing to society. Sorry if there were any words too large for you to understand there, let me put it in some terms you could comprehend:

"I thinked that youre coment was prety ignorent"

Sorry for the phonetics..
Here is a link for you to follow up on, I think it may really increase your understanding of the English language
http://www.ahf-net.com/sounds_like.htm
lita

Ft Mitchell, KY

#7 Aug 8, 2009
you know all the co's in these jails has a big head. well of course they do. im sick of these people in jail getten treated like they are dirt. everyone makes mistakes.and the ones in work in jail treat these people like animals. it's not right. the inmates that should be treat like animals is the baby killers and rape. but of course the one thats in there for drugs. get more time then the baby killers and baby raper. how do i know baby carl was born normal now he is on life support. and the one that did it got 8 yrs. the ones that got caught bring drugs in prison gets 5 yrs. are you kidding me. terry gets 8 yrs for putting carl on life support. can any one explain why this is. get caught with drugs you get life or almost life. you beat or kill a child you get few years. my friends family just dont understand this.
Just a CO

Wilmington, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2011
lita wrote:
you know all the co's in these jails has a big head. well of course they do. im sick of these people in jail getten treated like they are dirt. everyone makes mistakes.and the ones in work in jail treat these people like animals. it's not right. the inmates that should be treat like animals is the baby killers and rape. but of course the one thats in there for drugs. get more time then the baby killers and baby raper. how do i know baby carl was born normal now he is on life support. and the one that did it got 8 yrs. the ones that got caught bring drugs in prison gets 5 yrs. are you kidding me. terry gets 8 yrs for putting carl on life support. can any one explain why this is. get caught with drugs you get life or almost life. you beat or kill a child you get few years. my friends family just dont understand this.
I'm sorry, but the law is the law. Drugs, Rape, murder.. it's all the same. Don't break the law, and you don't go to prison... wow, it's amazing how simple it is isn't it? If you don't like our drug laws, then petition to change them, or move... quit cryin' and quit blaming c.o.'s for jut doing thier job!... and quit giving inmates everything they want! tax payers pay for everything!
County Officer

Lima, OH

#9 Sep 27, 2011
[QUOTE The bottom line is it makes for a hazzardous environment for the officers and staff working there, and the inmates also. The inmates locked up at this prison are not in for minor offences, so it makes for a dangerous environment all around when drugs are involved. The people who left the comments previously are either ex-cons or have family who are or have been locked up. To those people.. you have never stepped foot into Lebanon so you don't know what its like. Every one of those rapist, murdering pieces of crap needs to line up in front of a fireing squad. You don't have to deel with the thug pieces of trash everyday like we do, so KNOW YOUR ROLL, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree having drugs or even the alcohol the inmates make with their juice, bread and sugar makes for a very safe environment for everyone involved. However, I am totally offended by your statement, "Every one of those rapist, murdering pieces of crap needs to line up in front of a fireing squad. You don't have to deel with the thug pieces of trash everyday like we do" You are painting all of the inmates with the same brush. Many are basically are good people who have made mistakes. I've dealt with the same type of people working a county jail so I had them before you did. Prison only makes them worse, Especially the ones who are in there for petty stuff. Some, who couldn't find a job were only trying to support their family, unfortunately, by selling drugs. Which by the way I don't condone. You are one of the ones who have no business working in a prison and are probably one who treated them like caged animals. I've worked with people who have your same mentality. You should be a role model to attempt to inspire rehabilitation, schooling or trade school so they can better themselves and not make the same mistakes. The guards who treat prisoners like dirt and have the mentality you do are the ones who need to be put in front of the firing squad. Granted, some inmates you can't do anything with as they don't want to change their ways. They do their time, get out and start all over again with their criminal activity as that is all they know. Many grew up in that type of family environment, but then again, many did not, only made a huge mistake wich landed them there. Respect is something earned so how do you expect an inmate to treat you with respect when you can't them? You can do or say anything you want to them and they have to take it. Adhere to the rules, enforce the rules, but with many, you can do so with respect and dignity. Officers bringing in drugs adding to the drug and violence problem, officers beating up inmates with clubs and having sex with inmates...... Sounds like thereis a motely crue working in the prison system which needs to be dealt with through the legal system and be sent to the same prison they caused their issues with.
Jst sayin

Columbus, OH

#10 May 1, 2012
I wish to god they would get a good guard to go undercover and wear a small camera inside lebanon or any other prison and let the truth come out. I understand inmates can be assholes. But guards in prisons need more training then just filling out an application. Maybe just maybe the state should only hire guards after they go thru training to deal with all types of people. That would make it better for all. Inmates learn more in prison on how to break laws and beat the judical system then you know. When in prison it takes an average of 2 years to even get into a class for drug addiction, anger management, GEDs. Inmates cant get a freaking dentist appt for months, they cant get an eye exam for a year at best, you say , so what?? They are human beings who deserve the same health care, as the rest of people in this state who get their free health care and food stamps. Rehilabation??? Where the fuck is this happeniing???? Not in lebanon prison,. At this moment, lol, they dont even have a sprinkler system in place in case of a fire, for inmate protection, they have inmates from the place next to it, walking around at nite to watch out . How freaking safe are these inmates? Damn ohio,

Since: Jun 12

Dayton, OH

#11 Jun 14, 2012
Angry CO wrote:
I can sympathize with your animosity and 'limited' irritation threshold when dealing with prisoners.. I do however find your complete lack of a heart offensive even for the worst of the worst. ABSOLUTELY they deserve what they get when guilty but, to talk as you do about a job position you yourself picked and to deal with it the way you do is that of a coward!

Even the worst will give respect if your do the same back to them. I bet you use to shoot puppies with a bb gun when little or something..
I have a cousin heading to Lebanon for 15yrs and he is not a gang banger, worked, college educated, and he was dosed while at a club and flipped out. He remembered nothing of what he did that night.

When you know someone you know if they are telling the truth or not.. He has two gorgeous daughters and a heart. It is horrible what the justice' system did to him and now he will have to face turn key assholes like you without a flippin thought in their head of anything else but their own self-worth!
LORD.. What an arrogant Drone Moron you are...

*shaking my head*
GALAXY1

Girard, OH

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Angry CO is right about most of what he says.

You posters who think that most inmates are "basically good people" are being pretty naive. I used to work at Lebanon (as well as 7 other institutions in the state.

Most inmates are in for around two years for drug offenses.
I understand that there is a whole segment of our society that feels that drugs are okay and pass that thinking along to their children. These are usually people who think the person is "basically' okay, because they are not a murderer or rapist. Most the drug offenders I met weren't in for pot.
You would just be amazed what people rationalize as a "basically good person". How much sneakiness, violence dishonesty, circumvention of the law, stealing is part of the drug culture? LOTS!

If you are willingly commiting a felony, you are not a "basically good person". You are a basically criminal person who MIGHT learn a lesson if you have to pay a price for your behavior. You might decide that an honest living is a better deal.

Now, the punishment is supposed to be simply incarceration. There are also a few people who work in the prison system that somehow think that in addition to the incarceration, they have some responsibility for punishing the inmates. They are douchebags. They make everyone uncomfortable and end up out of a job, or in an inmate's uniform.

Prisons are strict because they have to be. Criminals want to be criminals, that is what they are used to doing. It's hard to give up the criminal life when you have known it a long time and your friends and family are all still involved in that cultural mindset.

The wait for services for inmates is due to prison overcrowding.
Prison overcrowding is due to the drug culture.

I would LOVE it if the prisons would just let all the drug offenders out and let society feel the full effect. Then people would really get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convicted Drug Dealer Banned From Hometown (Sep '07) 56 min DownWithTheDope 4
Berwyn dispatcher charged after allegedly excha... (Feb '08) 1 hr Jim 8
Three drug traffickers sentenced for dealing po... (Dec '08) 3 hr Bobhope902 7
3 facing drug related charges in Graves County 8 hr Another Single Mom 13
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... 8 hr coop1288 5
Cocktail of problems hinder Ho Chi Minh City's ... 13 hr bamboo shoot 1
Marijuana research projects getting state funding 14 hr ailegalcounsel 2
More from around the web