Torrance gang leader found guilty in ...

Torrance gang leader found guilty in drug, weapons case

There are 91 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Aug 19, 2008, titled Torrance gang leader found guilty in drug, weapons case. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

The "shot caller" of a Torrance street gang was convicted Monday of 10 weapons and drug charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SP Residence

Garden Grove, CA

#1 Aug 19, 2008
wow ...
The Enforcer

Santa Ana, CA

#2 Aug 19, 2008
Good police work and persistence by the prosecutors. Liquidation would seem to be the proper sentence.
Just Wondering

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2008
3rd strike already??!
Ex-Felon

Manhattan Beach, CA

#5 Aug 19, 2008
I guess I don't quite understand "ex-felon", is that like "ex-alcoholic". Does one stop being a felon?

There are two things convicted felons can't do when they get out of prison: vote and own guns.

While crimials probably need guns, even more than good people, the law says they can't have them and putting them behind bars for posession of firearms sounds like a good deal.

The other thing is Voting. Its very interesting that the Democrat politicians want to let the vote, but don't want them to own guns. Do you suppose that is because the Democrats know that the votes are "worthless"?
JACK

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 19, 2008
THERE IS A PLACE IN BETWEEN BARSTOW AND NEEDLES, ITS CALLED THE DESERT, THERE IS 200 MILES OF NOTHING OUT THERE, THIS IS WHERE THE BANGERS NEED TO BE, PLENTY OF ROOM FOR SHOOTING, DRUGS, WHAT EVER. I CERTANLY WOULD NOT WANT THIS GUY OR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS IN A GANG LIVING BY ME. OH I FORGOT, THERE IS NO WELFARE, SECTION 8 OR HUD OUT THERE, WELL IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT.
jambalaya

Redondo Beach, CA

#9 Aug 19, 2008
JACK wrote:
THERE IS A PLACE IN BETWEEN BARSTOW AND NEEDLES, ITS CALLED THE DESERT, THERE IS 200 MILES OF NOTHING OUT THERE, THIS IS WHERE THE BANGERS NEED TO BE, PLENTY OF ROOM FOR SHOOTING, DRUGS, WHAT EVER. I CERTANLY WOULD NOT WANT THIS GUY OR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS IN A GANG LIVING BY ME. OH I FORGOT, THERE IS NO WELFARE, SECTION 8 OR HUD OUT THERE, WELL IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT.
Where do you think they make all the meth? lol.
IN THE KNOW

Compton, CA

#10 Aug 19, 2008
Ex Felon,
Just to clear up a couple of things, a person can vote once He/She is off parole.After a period of time, 7-10 years, a person can apply for Certificate of Rehabilation/Pardon, and if and when granted, all rights are restored, including A Right to Bare Arms.Be it far and few, it does happen, not all are beyond rehabilation. Contrary to worldy belief, people do change. With the stregth that God gives us. all is possible, Thank you Jesus, Lord of Lords, King of Kings <><
who

Glendale, CA

#11 Aug 19, 2008
Throw away the key
JACK

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Aug 19, 2008
jambalaya wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think they make all the meth? lol.
SO TRUE
freaks

Toronto, Canada

#14 Aug 19, 2008
wow, I wonder where all the upper scale yups are going to get their meth now?

what about all those spoiled kids, no meth?

Maybe they will result in raiding mommy and poppies purse for some Legal narcotics

meth, is a social problem, this guy who is delivering it to your neighbors is only providing the service. You empower him, you employ him, without your dollars he goes out of business.

Think, really think...who is using all this meth? you're right, your doctors, lawyers, nurses, babysitters and more.

To place all the blame on a business man who is only protecting his life, is the easy way out and small time thinkin.

Boy, isn't it a lot easier to blame someone, rather than think about the ramifcations of what is happening to our soceity?

The US must invest on stronger social programs for the rich kids and to make sure kids like this gang banger have as much as right at using meth and not going to jail for distributing it as your kidd do. shessshe, poor gang banger had no choice, bad enviroment!

what's your excuse for your kids doing drugs Mr. West Torrance High, or Mr. PV high?

hahaha
Citizen

El Segundo, CA

#15 Aug 19, 2008
Such a distinct look to the older bangers...shaved heads, big mustache.
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#17 Aug 19, 2008
freaks wrote:
wow, I wonder where all the upper scale yups are going to get their meth now?
what about all those spoiled kids, no meth?
Maybe they will result in raiding mommy and poppies purse for some Legal narcotics
meth, is a social problem, this guy who is delivering it to your neighbors is only providing the service. You empower him, you employ him, without your dollars he goes out of business.
Think, really think...who is using all this meth? you're right, your doctors, lawyers, nurses, babysitters and more.
To place all the blame on a business man who is only protecting his life, is the easy way out and small time thinkin.
Boy, isn't it a lot easier to blame someone, rather than think about the ramifcations of what is happening to our soceity?
The US must invest on stronger social programs for the rich kids and to make sure kids like this gang banger have as much as right at using meth and not going to jail for distributing it as your kidd do. shessshe, poor gang banger had no choice, bad enviroment!
what's your excuse for your kids doing drugs Mr. West Torrance High, or Mr. PV high?
hahaha
It's much easier to go after the makers & distributors than it is the individual user.

When faced with the big picture, you go after the big guns first.

Stop blaming just the users and put the blame where it belongs, on all involved.

On another note, most meth users aren't rich by any means.
just for thought

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 19, 2008
JACK wrote:
well keep your thoughts to your self.
CJJ

Torrance, CA

#20 Aug 19, 2008
JACK wrote:
Great thought! How do we get started!
RATTLER

AOL

#21 Aug 19, 2008
WELFARE ,GANGS AND OIL, THE FALL OF THE UNITED STATES. VOTE AND REMOVE THESE SELF SERVING DEM AND REP FROM OFFICE,FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE AND GET THEM OUT.
Paddy Low Rider

Van Nuys, CA

#22 Aug 19, 2008
The "La Rana Gang"! Man, those rowdy Chicano's have been there on Del Amo Blvd. since the 1960's and before. I used to date a cute "Chicana from La Rana" who went to Torrance High. Her brother and some of the other "Vatos" thought I was cool because I knew how to lower a car without screwing it up. Times have changed. "Viva (the old) La Rana".
Siete

Pooler, GA

#23 Aug 19, 2008
Its funny how I can comment on a low life Mexican drug dealers but I cannot comment on LOWLIFE PEDOPHILE WHITES roaming Redondo Beach and coaching Palo Verde schools and parks. Daily Breeze provide us a reason why? We can say send all this other races away but a PEDOPHILE WHITE PERSON no one can say anything because the comment section is disabled. Probably white kids would not need to use drugs if the kids are not molested anymore. Then the drug dealers would have no customers then we would have no problems. I know I know someone is going to say I am stupid, dumb and a racist. I dont think so. Anyways I am glad they caught this guy, meth is bad, I have seen it ruin many lives, keep up the good work to all the officers who protect our community.
really

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#25 Aug 19, 2008
Siete wrote:
Its funny how I can comment on a low life Mexican drug dealers but I cannot comment on LOWLIFE PEDOPHILE WHITES roaming Redondo Beach and coaching Palo Verde schools and parks. Daily Breeze provide us a reason why? We can say send all this other races away but a PEDOPHILE WHITE PERSON no one can say anything because the comment section is disabled. Probably white kids would not need to use drugs if the kids are not molested anymore. Then the drug dealers would have no customers then we would have no problems. I know I know someone is going to say I am stupid, dumb and a racist. I dont think so. Anyways I am glad they caught this guy, meth is bad, I have seen it ruin many lives, keep up the good work to all the officers who protect our community.
You constantly rant about whites and say they are all pedophiles and say things like you hold your nieces closer when a white person walks by to protect them. Yet, somehow, you think that belief doesn't make you a racist. Go figure. The Breeze doesn't remove those posts and you post them all over, even when they have NOTHING to do with the story, as in this case.
So Cal Native

Van Nuys, CA

#26 Aug 19, 2008
Siete wrote:
I know I know someone is going to say I am stupid, dumb and a racist. I don't think so.
I don't think so either. You're just unaware. Unaware that the molesters are mentally ill, but that we don't have anyplace to send them since the US officially began to close the mental hospitals in 1963. Yeah, I know, you all think that Reagan closed the mental hospitals but it was JFK and the legislation "CMHC Act 1963". The Mexicans were let in with the "Immigration Reform Act of 1965" and the ACLU has made it impossible to get the crazy committed (to where?) and the illegal deported to Mexico (and other countries) when they've had a child in the USA.

What we are living is the nightmare that was created by the JFK/LBJ Congress in the 1960's. They meant well, though.
Skeptic in SB

Goleta, CA

#27 Aug 19, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
It's much easier to go after the makers & distributors than it is the individual user.
When faced with the big picture, you go after the big guns first.
Stop blaming just the users and put the blame where it belongs, on all involved.
On another note, most meth users aren't rich by any means.
Absolutely. You hit the nail on the head.
Well, except Adolph Hitler was a meth user and he had lots of money--before he lost everything and killed himself. Hmmm. That was sarcasm, I know LOL understands that, but some others probably won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Councillor Hollingsworth, there are no meth la... 17 hr TIM 1
News Authorities: 27 charged in "major" northeast Te... 23 hr Donald Trump 3
News Scientologist Tom Cruise Rants: Psychiatry 'Cri... (Jan '08) Mon Bill 434
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Mon What a joke 4,832
News What you need to know about Narcan Jun 26 heroin and chill 1
Heroin in Chicago for sale (Jul '13) Jun 26 Alyssa 7
I just found a reliable supplier. (Nov '15) Jun 26 Alyssa 4
More from around the web