Dog Sniffs Out Record Drug Bust

Dog Sniffs Out Record Drug Bust

There are 89 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Sep 21, 2007, titled Dog Sniffs Out Record Drug Bust. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A sheriff's deputy and a K-9 named Blix scored a record drug bust in Clayton County with the seizure of 100 kilos of cocaine worth more than $3 million on the streets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Clayton county resident

AOL

#1 Sep 21, 2007
Way to go Clayton County officers.!!!Thank you for making our county much safer.
RCB

Mableton, GA

#2 Sep 21, 2007
Great job by the deputy and his K-9 partner.
Jackie

Marietta, GA

#3 Sep 21, 2007
Somebodys in trouble......for real....

Since: Sep 07

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 21, 2007
Awesome. We don't need that stuff on our streets!!!
REALLY TICKED OFF

AOL

#5 Sep 21, 2007
Yes Congratulation to the both of them. Um-CCR, they are deputies not OFFICERS. (WINK)
Law Patrol

Fairburn, GA

#6 Sep 21, 2007
Excellent job Officer
Deputy Patrick McClellan and Blix. Your team is a credit to the Clayton County Sheriffs Department. Keep up the good work.
Curious

Social Circle, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2007
Now let's just hope the 3M of cocaine is destroyed before someone steals it from the county evidence locker. Oh, sorry that only happens in the movies.
Pete Smith

United States

#9 Sep 21, 2007
We need more of these dogs so that the dope problem can become a minor rather a major problem, This is just one examble of the postive use of dogs rather than have them fight each other for the sport of some abnormal minded person.
Fedup

Lithonia, GA

#10 Sep 21, 2007
I'm thrilled to see how hard Clayton County is working to rid our streets of the scum that gives us such a bad name.

There is no doubt in my mind that if we ALL work together, we can make Clayton County a great place to live once again!

Many thanks to Deputy McClellan, his faithful canine Blix, and the Sheriff's Department!! Keep up the great work!!!
Rumsey

Brooks, GA

#11 Sep 21, 2007
well all i can say is you guys saved someones son or daughters life by gettin that bull----!,off the streets.you done good!!!
REALLY TICKED OFF

AOL

#14 Sep 21, 2007
I hate to see the media make errors. They have the deputy's name is McLellan.
Cops R Heros

AOL

#15 Sep 21, 2007
Id like to thank the Farmers Market police for there contribution to this bust also.....They work part time at this truck stop in there off hours, and were there assisting in the arrest of these two men.
Amanda

Conyers, GA

#16 Sep 21, 2007
Great job guys! Thanks for all you do to keep us all a little safer!
REALLY TICKED OFF

AOL

#17 Sep 21, 2007
LOL. The Farmers Market Police. HA HA. WHATEVER. This maybe true that they worked there off duty from the Farmers Market property. Based on what I was told, and what I know. THIS credit goes to Deputy McClellan and Deputy Blix whom work for the Clayton County Sheriffs Department. NOT the FOREST PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT, the FARMERS MARKET POLICE, or any other agency. I'm sorry that is just how I feel.

You know things should not have been this BAD for the Sheriffs Department to be patroling this area, or this location. FPPD should have had a grip on this crime at the truck stop.
ybnorman

Ocala, FL

#18 Sep 22, 2007
"BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS, what ya gonna do when Clayton County get a hold of you?!" Surrender without a fight, or Blix will giv e you a bite! Great job!:=)
Fedup

Lithonia, GA

#19 Sep 22, 2007
REALLY TICKED OFF wrote:
LOL. The Farmers Market Police. HA HA. WHATEVER. This maybe true that they worked there off duty from the Farmers Market property. Based on what I was told, and what I know. THIS credit goes to Deputy McClellan and Deputy Blix whom work for the Clayton County Sheriffs Department. NOT the FOREST PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT, the FARMERS MARKET POLICE, or any other agency. I'm sorry that is just how I feel.
You know things should not have been this BAD for the Sheriffs Department to be patroling this area, or this location. FPPD should have had a grip on this crime at the truck stop.
I have lived in Forest Park for over 30 years, and I can say without a doubt that our police department is one of the best. Whenever called upon, they arrive in record time. They are knowledgeable, competent, reasonable, polite and well-trained. They are and always have been a known and visable constant presence in our city, and I, for one, am proud of our police force.

I can only assume that you must have been ticketed by FPP, and that explains your lack of knowledge and your resentment of our police force.
His nephew

Du Bois, PA

#20 Sep 24, 2007
Thats my uncle who made the bust with Blix.
BinKenn

Fairburn, GA

#21 Sep 24, 2007
REALLY TICKED OFF wrote:
If I understand the way things work Clayton County , FFPD and the Framers Market police all work together to make that a better place to live and the wrong place if you are thinking about breaking the law. I do understand that Clayton county did get the bust but they had back up from other agencies also. Great job to all.
EX I was RIGHT

Rio Grande City, TX

#22 Sep 24, 2007
GOOD JOB CLAYTON COUNTY! I was ecstatic,and crazed to hear that you all BUSTED ERNEST FLORES, he is the worst of the worst. Ernest never saw or cared to see his children, he went to jail for 9 days for evading child support, told the judge that "being in jail for 9 days was the longest time EVER," (Ernest: you made me look like a liar in front of the judge that day, when you told her that you never did drugs or sold drugs.) You proved ME Right! Blix,Deputy McClellan Outstanding Work! How does it Feel to BUST an Ex Deputy? That's Right Ernest Flores is an Ex-Deputy of Hidalgo County!
texas lawman

Brownsville, TX

#23 Sep 26, 2007
good job!!!!!!!!!! glad to see ernest get caught. he needed it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bennington man accused of selling heroin to pol... 59 min SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 1
News Jury Gives Sherrod 40 Years In Prison (Jun '12) 2 hr Matt H 14
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 4 hr Skeptical 4
News Hearing scheduled for cop, girlfriend in drug case 5 hr Joe Balls 11
News Meth lab found at Dyersburg Housing Authority r... (Jan '10) 6 hr Maddie 84
News 400-Plus Arrested In Statewide Drug 8 hr JFD 1
News Another Delphos drug house raided (Mar '12) 20 hr Dr Phil 14
More from around the web