Josh Palmer: From Meth to Success

Nov 22, 2009 Full story: Daily Dunklin Democrat 16

People can -- and do -- recover from meth addition. Such is the case with former Malden, Mo., man Josh Palmer.

Full Story
woody

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2009
I know did man very well.Hes a good person and still doing whats rigth .Keep up the good work.
prayers

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Nov 27, 2009
woody wrote:
I know did man very well.Hes a good person and still doing whats rigth .Keep up the good work.
I read your story. Sorry about your marriage,I've been through it also. Time heals all things. You will make it. Remember to Pray!!!
Starbucks

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Nov 27, 2009
Josh, sometimes when a person changes their life it is hard for the marriage partner to accept these changes. Divorce is not uncommon in these circumstances. It is probably not your fault or hers. Please don't let this affect the good things you are doing with your life, I knew your mother very well, she was warm, kind and she loved you so much. I know Rachel is watching over you from heaven and her pride in you must be overwhelming. Keep setting a good example for your children and keep your faith in God, he will see you through this.
Susan

Kansas City, MO

#4 Nov 29, 2009
God will help Josh with all this stuff hes dealing with.Starbucks you are so correct about my sister.Its hard on the family this time of the year.My sister got saved about 3 months before she passed away.Im like you I think sis is looking down on us.I want to thank you myself for the things you said.God Bless you,Suzy
mystic

Campbell, MO

#8 Nov 29, 2009
I've read enough posts by this social outcast to realize he thrives on response and attention.Therefore I will no longer give him the satisfaction he craves so patheticly and ignore him and maybe like a sore thumb he will just go away.
Starbucks

Arnold, MO

#9 Nov 30, 2009
mystic you hit the nail on the head. We all need to ignore these kind of comments.
Starbucks

Arnold, MO

#10 Nov 30, 2009
Susan wrote:
God will help Josh with all this stuff hes dealing with.Starbucks you are so correct about my sister.Its hard on the family this time of the year.My sister got saved about 3 months before she passed away.Im like you I think sis is looking down on us.I want to thank you myself for the things you said.God Bless you,Suzy
Your welcome Suzy, but all I did was speak the truth.
flgirl

Crestview, FL

#12 Nov 30, 2009
This is a very inspirational story. I'm so happy to hear about all of the leeway that Josh has made over the past several years. I get so aggravated with hearing people say that they have a disease and it's not their fault and they have to live with this forever. That's just not the case. I know from personal experience. You can be free from addiction. God can free you from it. I'm proud of you Josh. I think what you're doing is awesome. Keep up the good work!
Nancy

Fredericktown, MO

#14 Nov 30, 2009
Josh what you're doing is just amazing. I'm so happy to know you are doing so well. Your strength and courage will inspire others to take control of their own lives. Keep the faith and let Him lead you. Suzy I can sure tell how proud you are of him! Drop me a line.....nancy_piche2002@yahoo .com
keeping it real

United States

#17 Dec 11, 2009
josh i went to school with you in clarkton i am so proud of you keep your head up!
clarkton friend

Olive Branch, MS

#18 Dec 31, 2009
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Josh?
Aunt Suzy

United States

#19 Dec 31, 2009
clarkton friend wrote:
Josh dont have a pc.If you want to you can leave him a message.My queenredhead@att.net I will give this to him.ty
Love

Sun Prairie, WI

#20 Jan 17, 2010
clarkton friend wrote:
He has a facebook account. Just look under Josh Palmer, his photo is of his high school graduation composite.
tina stroup

Coudersport, PA

#21 Feb 2, 2010
i knew josh in the meth days and ive dealt with him as a councelor and i say great job josh we need more like you
whatever

United States

#22 Apr 4, 2013
Dude messes around with his patients. I kno for a fact and so does mr jim.
Citizen

United States

#23 Apr 5, 2013
He who does good without wanting attention . Should be remembered

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay sex 'linked to drink and drugs' (Aug '14) 8 min pure_lightness 62
Palmere sent to prison for 13-year term (Mar '14) 2 hr Chawna Bone-palmere 14
Scottsbluff man faces up to 95 years in prison ... (Dec '12) 2 hr uncle b 11
Virginia Senate panel rejects marijuana decrimi... 3 hr Michael Gusti 1
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 4 hr Friendly guy 56
Drug task force arrests two in Gibson County 5 hr Hoorah 2
FBI Investigating Former Police Officer (Mar '08) 8 hr Wes 60
More from around the web