Baby Dies After Drinking Drain Cleaner

Baby Dies After Drinking Drain Cleaner

There are 1561 comments on the 98.9 Kiss FM story from Jun 1, 2009, titled Baby Dies After Drinking Drain Cleaner. In it, 98.9 Kiss FM reports that:

MONTICELLO, Ky. -- A southern Kentucky toddler is dead after drinking liquid drain cleaner that his parents had been using to make methamphetamine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 98.9 Kiss FM.

First Prev
of 79
Next Last
PISSES ME OFF

Manchester, KY

#1 Jun 2, 2009
WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THAT CRAP WHERE A BABY WOULD GET IT, TO ME THAT IS THE SAME THING AS HANDING IT TO THE BABY.HOPE THEY ALL BURN IN HELL!!!!!
agree

London, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2009
I agree!!!!!!!
I loved Monticello

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jun 2, 2009
I beleive they should all pay for the baby's death not just the parents. The five other people were all older than the parents they should all rot in he**!!!!
Family

London, KY

#6 Jun 2, 2009
I believe yall need to stop running yalls mouths

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
help

Burnside, KY

#8 Jun 2, 2009
if she was such a good person why was that baby ever exposed to drain cleaner that sounds like a real damn good mom now an innocent child has lost his life over a few dollars and some dope
friend

Fordyce, AR

#9 Jun 2, 2009
they made a mistake but who dosnt the mom got in with the wrong croud and was born in to a crappy familybut tht aint her fault the meth shouldnt have been there in the first place so its not her fault she was just getting her baby a drink bc her moms water is turned off

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
agree

Sheridan, AR

#11 Jun 2, 2009
Everyone has their own mind and makes their own choices. This is more than a mistake!
somebody

Brodhead, KY

#12 Jun 2, 2009
I am sure these parents loved their baby and that they will never recover from his death. They were wrong to have the child where meth was being made, and if they were the ones making the meth, they were wrong for that too.
It is a tragic thing that happened. I know the parents were in the wrong if they knew meth was manufactured there, but I still have sympathy for their pain. The mother is a child herself. I am going to pray for all the people who loved this baby. The parents are already being punished with the loss of their child. I am not saying they shouldn't be punished by the law if they were in any way guilty. But I do feel sorry for their loss. I lost a baby to natural causes and I know how it hurts. If I had done anything to cause its death, I don't know how I could have lived with that. The baby is with Jesus.
URRRRR

London, KY

#13 Jun 2, 2009
friend wrote:
u all need to shut the hell up u know nothing abt wat happened so get ur shit straight that girl is a good girl and a good mom so if u have n e other shit to say get on here and run ur mouth and tell me where to meet u
I can see why the family had you as a friend! You sound like trash too, worried about meeting someone to fight when a baby is dead because of this no good family. Good girl with needle marks all up her arm and a dead baby and getting pregnant before she was even a teenager? Hope my kids aren't that good.Get a clue.
ignorance is spreading

London, KY

#14 Jun 2, 2009
somebody wrote:
I am sure these parents loved their baby and that they will never recover from his death. They were wrong to have the child where meth was being made, and if they were the ones making the meth, they were wrong for that too.
It is a tragic thing that happened. I know the parents were in the wrong if they knew meth was manufactured there, but I still have sympathy for their pain. The mother is a child herself. I am going to pray for all the people who loved this baby. The parents are already being punished with the loss of their child. I am not saying they shouldn't be punished by the law if they were in any way guilty. But I do feel sorry for their loss. I lost a baby to natural causes and I know how it hurts. If I had done anything to cause its death, I don't know how I could have lived with that. The baby is with Jesus.
Sorry honey, but you are full of crap. A loving devoted mom would not have her kid around that environment, so save the compassionate spill for someone stupid. Also, someone noted that someone's water was turned off, and the mom was just trying to give her a baby a drink, duh, big red truck, who confuses liquid fire with a drink. If you are going to make excuses, make logical ones, if not, you are wasting your breath. Not everyone on topix is a complete moron.
concerned

London, KY

#15 Jun 2, 2009
Social services had better be checking into Susies (Bryans oldest sister) kids, before this happens to them, the girl is 23 or 24 and don't have a tooth in her head and weighs about 90 pounds if that. You can look at her and tell she is on meth. Someone had better be checking into it. We don't want something like this happening again. Do something before it is too late.
friend

Fordyce, AR

#16 Jun 2, 2009
no the mom is 14 and the dad has custody she had no choice shes had a rough life and her moms just abt broke dwn
tso

Peoria, IL

#17 Jun 2, 2009
while this baby's death is terrible to read about, at least it was an "accident", no matter how much folks want it to be murder.

think things can't be more sickening? read this. right here in my town.

PEORIA, Ill. A central Illinois couple faces first-degree murder charges in the death of their 5-month-old baby, who was found unresponsive in a car seat that had been placed in a crib.

The 5-month-old was dropped off at his parents' house on Feb. 4, strapped into his car seat. Eight days later, he was found in the same position, said Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons during a bond hearing for the parents.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331732,00...
friend

Fordyce, AR

#18 Jun 2, 2009
URRRRR wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why the family had you as a friend! You sound like trash too, worried about meeting someone to fight when a baby is dead because of this no good family. Good girl with needle marks all up her arm and a dead baby and getting pregnant before she was even a teenager? Hope my kids aren't that good.Get a clue.
listen tht girl had a rough life she lost her grandma her great grandma and her brother all arnd the same time her mother wasnt there all tht time so she was basicly raising her self she love tht baby with all her heart it is a tragidy and she has to live with it tht its self is punisment enough i believe
omg

Somerset, KY

#19 Jun 2, 2009
honor among thieves is a old saying.so if thieves stick for their own,then druggies will too.
nova

Sheridan, AR

#20 Jun 2, 2009
friend wrote:
<quoted text> listen tht girl had a rough life she lost her grandma her great grandma and her brother all arnd the same time her mother wasnt there all tht time so she was basicly raising her self she love tht baby with all her heart it is a tragidy and she has to live with it tht its self is punisment enough i believe
Do u know what I believe? I believe your a jackass. I also believe anybody caught making meth should be executed on the spot. I cant believe there is anybody on here, trying to defend this family of white trash. A little boy lost his lfe because of negligence. Everybody involved should be hung in front of the court house for all 2 see.
omg

Somerset, KY

#21 Jun 2, 2009
what ever happend to that bunch that was caught making meth on furnace moutain road? they had a child with them too.
the aunt

Fordyce, AR

#22 Jun 2, 2009
the young girl is my neice ,she has got a rough life, her mother is in the process of moving and her electric is shut off, so ish (and by the way that is not inproper spelling that is a nickname)took the baby to her dad's house to sleep, she had no idea that those idiot's was making meth at that time, although the police transported the mother and father to the wayne county emergency room for blood test they were both negative for the drug meth , the state police officer stated that they were not charging them with the most harshest attempt of murder, they stated they was charging them with the degree of murder that meant (the parents made a conscience decision knowing there was something going on at anytime and as a result of they're decision there was a BEAUTIFUL,HAPPY, BABY BOY'S LIFE TAKEN!!!! BUT PEOPLE IN MY NEICE'S DEFENCE SHE WAS A WONDERFUL MOTHER THAT LOVED HER SON VERY MUCH, SHE WOULD NEVER HURT HIM FOR LOVE NOR MONEY AND ESPECIALLY NOT DRUGS AND BY THE WAY SHE WAS A BABY HAVING A BABY AND WHEN YOU HAVE A BABY THEY DON'T GIVE OUT HANDBOOKS WHEN YOU HAVE BABIES SO PLEASE IT IS NOT LIKE SHE MEANT TO HURT HER SON PEOPLE SHE IS A YOUNG MOTHER AND THIS JUST MEANS SHE HAS GOT A LONGER LIFE OF HELL KNOWING THAT IT WAS HER OWN FAMILY, HER OWN BLOOD THAT DID KILL HER BEAUTIFUL ANGEL
My two cents

Sheridan, AR

#23 Jun 2, 2009
friend wrote:
<quoted text> listen tht girl had a rough life she lost her grandma her great grandma and her brother all arnd the same time her mother wasnt there all tht time so she was basicly raising her self she love tht baby with all her heart it is a tragidy and she has to live with it tht its self is punisment enough i believe
People lose loved ones everday. I lost 3 of my grandparents between the age of 3 and 4. Although I was too young to remember, when i was 13 i lost my last grandparent, my best friend and her mother within 6 months. Now, am I on meth?? do I hang out at meth labs? Did i have a kid at 11 years old??? NO!!! so THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HAS HAPPEND! I am 21 and I dont have a kid, and i couldnt tell you what meth looked like! Everyone is saying she was a good mother, and she may have been, BUT if a good mother gets on drugs to numb herself, which is stupid as hell, then give the baby up! there is plenty of people out there who would DIE to have a child. I honestly don't believe anyone gave that baby the poison intentionally, so yes, it was an accident, BUT it was a careless accident that could have EASILY been prevented, ESPECIALLY if the father had took the cup from the baby once. It was carelessness is all it boils down to and YES they should ALL suffer behind bars for the rest of their lives! Now, under no means am I even saying it was alright for them to have the baby in that house where drugs were being made, because there was also no excuse for that either! And they cant say they didnt know because from what I have read about meth, it is very easy to recognize when it is being made...

Sorry, i had to put my two cents in, i have read this for too long and not said nothing.
the aunt

Fordyce, AR

#24 Jun 2, 2009
AND NOVA YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT I AGREE IT WAS NEGLIGANCE, BUT DEFINATLY NOT MURDER ON THE PARENTS BEHALF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 79
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bennington man accused of selling heroin to pol... 1 min SmArTeNuPfOoLiSh 1
News Jury Gives Sherrod 40 Years In Prison (Jun '12) 12 min Matt H 14
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 2 hr Skeptical 4
News Hearing scheduled for cop, girlfriend in drug case 2 hr Joe Balls 11
News Meth lab found at Dyersburg Housing Authority r... (Jan '10) 3 hr Maddie 84
News 400-Plus Arrested In Statewide Drug 6 hr JFD 1
News Another Delphos drug house raided (Mar '12) 18 hr Dr Phil 14
More from around the web