Missouri woman gets life sentence in killing after admitting murder

May 24, 2013 Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis 45

The Daily Journal newspaper in Park Hills reports that 37-year-old Robin Lucas of rural Bonne Terre pleaded guilty Friday to second-degree murder.

Full Story
brad

Farmington, MO

#21 Jun 15, 2013
how do you know it was self defense if you wasnt there. oh thats right the police told you.. but they didnt tell anybody else that tommy had a gun.. sounds to me like you should have went to court for your buddy... maybe it wouldnt have got life.. and if your so close to the police and tommy molelested a child why didnt you turn it in.. looks bad on you. if I knew a child was being, molested I sure in the hell wouldnt have hid it, looks bad on you...little late for you to start telling your lil secerts...
get real

Warrensburg, MO

#22 Jun 15, 2013
Actually robin was a great person before the meth as well tommy may have been before....you can believe what you want. Thats all you are doing anyway... in fact ask around... or look at casenet.... im sure his mother is hurting. ... theres family on both sides hurting.... the fact is , they both ruined their lives with meth...they both messed up.... and they both paid the price for it along with their families
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#23 Jun 15, 2013
WOW ALL I SEE ON THIS PAGE IS A BUT LOAD OF NARK LOVERS TOMMY WAS A SNITCHING ASS PIECE OF TRASH
THAT TRASHED LIVES WITH DRUGS I THINK YOUR ALL RETARDED WITH THE HE SAID SHE SAID BULL SHIT
THERE IS KIDS IN ALL THIS THAT ONE SET HAS A DAD IN THE PIN AND ONE SET WITH NO DAD AT ALL WHAT ABOUT THEM EVERYONE NEEDS TO KEEP THERE NOSE ON THERE FUCKING FACE WHERE IT BELONGS I NEW THEM BOTH MAYBE IF EVERYONE PUT THIS MUCH IN TO GETTING THE FUCKING METH OF THE DRUGS OF THE STREETS IN STEAD OF GLORIFYING THE SHIT ALL THESE KIDS WOULD STILL HAVE A DAD ROBERT / ROBIN WAS A GREAT PERSON BEFORE THE DRUGS AND WOULD HELP ANYONE TO ME IS ANYTHING IS TO BLAME FOR THIS MESS ITS METH ....
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#24 Jun 15, 2013
get real wrote:
Actually robin was a great person before the meth as well tommy may have been before....you can believe what you want. Thats all you are doing anyway... in fact ask around... or look at casenet.... im sure his mother is hurting.... theres family on both sides hurting.... the fact is , they both ruined their lives with meth...they both messed up.... and they both paid the price for it along with their families
VERY VERY WELL SAID
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#26 Jun 15, 2013
tommys hole family is low life's i feel sorry for them kids a hole family of narks and meth heads hmmm the brother is back in the pin the moms a rat the dads a rat wow tommys bitch is a slut a fat nasty one at best come on ya know what road them kids will get put on in life when all they see is shit . from the durtleg ass people there having to grow up with try god instead of meth give them kids a fighting chance .......
get real

Warrensburg, MO

#28 Jun 16, 2013
Amen....
brad

Farmington, MO

#30 Jun 17, 2013
the way you talk you need toget a little god in your heart, I would rather be a nark than a low life drug dealer.. where do you get the right to judge people. Im sure your not perfect. maybe robin was a good person at one time . not anymore. maybe tommys mom was too. I also knew robert when he was robert and tommy .both was ok.at one time. your so concerned about the kids life step in and do something about it. you people that no so much wait until to late to tell what you know. Its ashame that people act like its a good thing that somebody lost there life.You want meth off the street. do something about it. you seem to know robin was on meth. why didnt you do something about it. and how you going toget meth off the streets.buy keeping you mouth shut on drugs.
patty

Farmington, MO

#31 Jun 17, 2013
Your saying if you turn somebody in for drugs that makes you and you whole family low lifes. is that what robert was when he was a St. gen cop.he arrested them. he turned to drugs for a reason.
get real

United States

#32 Jun 18, 2013
I dont think anyone is saying you are bad if you turn people in.... what that person's talking about is how tommys mom likes to partake in the drugs as well and narks others out to keep her ass out of jail.... thats a fact.... 100% fact.... I have taken steps to help the children out.... I have done Alot for them....have you ? nobody is saying they are happy tommy is dead.... what we are saying is that some of you people are acting like robin was the devil and tommy was a saint..... wrong on both parts.... I and many others tried to help robin get clean... thats a horrible drug that consumes people and you all know it... there was no getting through
kap

Hillsboro, MO

#33 Jun 19, 2013
get real wrote:
Exactly.... the only reason Robin took the plea is because they trumped up some ridiculous drug charges that would have given more time because they knew the murder charge would have been beaten hands down..... don't pull a gun on someone and you won't get shot.... self defense all the way and they all knew it.... why else would they trump up drug charges 2 years later, just days before the trial? F 'ed up justice system.... what do you expect In St Francis county where they are all related and all in cahoots with each other
I worked with Robin and the drug charges were from a year earlier, there were also other charges concerning some weapons and stolen four wheelers. She had seven charges in jefferson county before the murder and they dropped them down to 3 charges. Robin, from my understanding was using at the time she lost her job
meth sucks

Hillsboro, MO

#34 Jun 19, 2013
I only knew Robin not Rob, and before using meth Robin was a very nice person. Meth changes people, it does something to the brain. The people using become something different than what they were. I wish what happened never happened,I wish Robin's kids still had their parents. This is a sad situation any which way you look at it
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#36 Jun 19, 2013
the hole thing is meth is a drug that takes life messes lives up and makes it to where you ain't thinking right because ya haven't slept in days robin was on it it fucked her life up and took her life same way with tommy im saying get on case net if look up triplett then you all can see robin made a dad decision tommys whole family is on casenet low life ass people !!!!!!!! there truth is out for ya to see robin wasnt a saint but at least her whole family wasnt mixed up in the shit they got drug in to it read up on meth and what it dose to people then run your mouth because i have and i have lose a lot of good friends over the years over it ..
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#37 Jun 19, 2013
The Effects of Methamphetamine on the Brain
Amy Gao
When the word "meth" is mentioned, what is the image that immediately flashes into your mind? Perhaps a picture of individuals huddled together, inhaling substances that give off repugnant odors in a dark alley somewhere? Or drug cartels that wage bloody warfare upon each other on the Mexican-American border over the control the supply of the drug? These stereotypical impressions may have been correct years ago, but methamphetamine, whose street names include speed, chalk, ice, crystal, crank, and glass has long moved beyond just being the dominant drug of choice in the San Diego, CA area.(1) The use of this drug has spread to rural and urban areas of the Midwest and the South. Thus, the problem of methamphetamine is no longer confined to a certain geographical area; it has become a nation-wide problem.(3)
Methamphetamine, a powerful synthetically produced stimulant of the central nervous system (CNS), is a substance that has similar effects on the human body not unlike cocaine. Under federal regulations, it is a schedule II drug, which means that it has a high potential for abuse with severe liability to cause dependence.(2) The drug, like many illicit substances, may be injected, ingested, snorted, or smoked. However, unlike cocaine, it has a longer, lasting affect on the human body. In animal models, methamphetamine have shown to cause the release of high levels of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that stimulates the brain cells, which in turn would enhance temperament and body moment. Consumption of this compound also has a neurotoxic effect on the brain cells that store dopamine and serotonin, another substance that is responsible for neurotransmission.
Even minute consumption of methamphetamine will induce wakefulness, increased physical activity, decreased appetite, increased respiration, hyperthermia, euphoria. Effects of methamphetamine on the CNS also include irritability, insomnia, confusion, paranoia, and aggressiveness. Since it is known that it is difficult for nerve cells to be regenerated after having been damaged, it is a clear indication that use of this drug—in small or large quantities—cause irreversible damages in the CNS. This observation was reported in a study by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), which also found that individuals who have a long history of methamphetamine abuse have reduced levels in dopamine transporters, which are associated with slowed motor skills and weakened memories in the individuals.(4) Abusers who remained abstinent for at least nine months were found to have recovered from damage to their dopamine transporters, but their motor skills and memories were not found to have significantly recovered.
"Methamphetamine abuse is a grave problem that can lead to serious health conditions including brain damage, memory loss, psychotic-like behavior, heart damage, hepatitis, and HIV transmission," says Dr. Nora D. Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).(5) In another study done by Drs. Ernst and Chang at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA., it was found that methamphetamine users had abnormal chemistry in all parts of their brains. According to Dr. Chang, "In one of the regions, the amount of damage was also related to the history of drug use-those abusers who had the greatest cumulative lifetime methamphetamine use had the strongest indications of cell damage."
There have been more than two decades of studies and researches focused on the effects of methamphetamine upon the body, especially the damages that the compound does to the brain. Even though the substance may bring about extreme pleasures, these "flashes" only last for a few minutes. It is well-known that users can become addicted very quickly, and the drugs are used with increasing frequency and in increasing doses.(6)
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#38 Jun 19, 2013
As with drug addiction of any kind—methamphetamine addiction included—may be successfully treated. The treatment usually includes counseling, psychotherapy, support groups, and family therapy. Medications prescribed to individuals assist in the suppression of the withdrawal syndrome, craving of the drug, and in blocking the effects of the drug upon the body. It has been found that the more treatment given, and the longer the period, the more successful the addict will stay abstinent from the source of addiction.(7)
The use of methamphetamine has been proven repeatedly to be associated with irreversible damages to the brain. Even though the neurotransmitters in the brain may recover once the individual has abstained from the drug, the damages have already been done and the effects cannot be reversed. With each consumption/inhalation of the substance, the individual sinks lower into a never ending spiral of drug abuse. A few moments of pleasure in exchange for permanent damages done to the organ that is the most important in the body—after all, brain is the only organ that can never be transplanted—is it really worth it?
LickyLock

Farmington, MO

#39 Jun 20, 2013
Robert is such a disgusting man. Yucky Yucky. Why would anyone go around that thing anyway. You say Robert was good, bu!!sh!t. No good person does drugs and then shoots and murders a person, whether self defense or not. Robert is a man he could have taken care of himself. Just another nasty, disgusting, pos that the state has to take care of. He should have gotten death sentence just as should every other murderer then maybe some of this crap would stop.
gee wiz

Festus, MO

#40 Jun 20, 2013
But he was such a good little boy drugs made him or whatever he was BULLSHIT !!! He's a fag crackhead murder p o s and a flipping weirdo ! Obay the law and rules and he wouldn't be where he's at . He should of fried in the chair the WOURLD do not need things like him in it look where hitler,bin laden, Husain ,Charlie Manson and all of the other freaks are dead or behind bars so we can support his good life while he sits back and laughs at people busting our asses so go ahead and say he's a good guy/girl or whatever it thinks it is!!!!!!
THE TRUTH

Park Hills, MO

#41 Jun 20, 2013
LickyLock wrote:
Robert is such a disgusting man. Yucky Yucky. Why would anyone go around that thing anyway. You say Robert was good, bu!!sh!t. No good person does drugs and then shoots and murders a person, whether self defense or not. Robert is a man he could have taken care of himself. Just another nasty, disgusting, pos that the state has to take care of. He should have gotten death sentence just as should every other murderer then maybe some of this crap would stop.
your a pos for judging someone like that if you wish death on anyone that's no better than doing it stupid god is the only one that can judge anyone like that and who are you to judge some one for getting a sex change so your saying if one of your kids did that you would call them a pos well then i guess everyone on this page can see who the real dirt bag is ITS YOU!!! o sorry i forgot your a retard it means your a pos lmao everyone makes mustaches in life
Cletus

United States

#43 Jun 20, 2013
The thing about Rob is he was such a normal guy.
gee wiz

Festus, MO

#44 Jun 21, 2013
THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text> your a pos for judging someone like that if you wish death on anyone that's no better than doing it stupid god is the only one that can judge anyone like that and who are you to judge some one for getting a sex change so your saying if one of your kids did that you would call them a pos well then i guess everyone on this page can see who the real dirt bag is ITS YOU!!! o sorry i forgot your a retard it means your a pos lmao everyone makes mustaches in life
. Learn how to spell stupid!! You must be a freak too
brad

Farmington, MO

#45 Jun 21, 2013
he played god twiced in his life . dont think it will work a third time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug dealers busted 6 hr Mrs Fudd 1
Point man sentenced in heroin case 6 hr yrah right 11
2 heroin ODs, 2 lives saved in Bedford 7 hr RightPlaceRightTime 1
Illegal Prescription Drug Raids In Georgetown (Mar '11) 8 hr Mama rose 105
Iowa woman locked up after locked out of home 10 hr Bubbletoes 5
Grove City: Sippy-cup shoplifting results in ro... 10 hr Recall The Mayor 2
Hgh 11 hr Chrisbangor 1

Drugs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE