Prescription drugs may lead to abuse

Dec 15, 2010 Full story: [$$] TheSpectrum.com 12

Experts say prescription painkillers play a significant role as gateway drugs for people who become hooked on heroin.

Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 15, 2010
This is very true it happened to me I was scripted Hydro 10's 20 years ago like they were candy..I eventually became bodily addicted to them and and this time in my life I had no knowlage about opiates and not relizing herion and opiate based meds were the same monster, someone suggested I do some dope while the hydro's were leaving my system and 6 months later I was a full blown Junkie a year later I had a 300.00 a day habit. That nightmae lasted about a year from ther I went to meth clinic was dosed 200 mg a day for "mantnaince" to suboxone for 2 years to moving to a totaly differant state to change my life. Well I am still on pain meds today because I believe I shot my pain receptors out long ago or maybe I am just a wimp not sure but I can tell you this if they put a clamp on people getting pain meds legit there will be a s#%t load of people on street dope. So You go goverment and screw us out of our meds and society will be more F#*^ed up then it already is. The politicians will still be able to get thier pain meds though you can bet the farm on that!

Location hidden

#4 Dec 16, 2010
zman1114 wrote:
nobody likes a quiter ;-)
lol your a clown ain't you. You must be because it made me laugh.
kate

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Dec 16, 2010
I think its one thing to do opiates but dope no its a completely different boat. once you try that shit you can relapse really easy. I've had friends that do that shit but not me I have seen what it can do to people.
Truth

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Dec 16, 2010
kate wrote:
I think its one thing to do opiates but dope no its a completely different boat. once you try that shit you can relapse really easy. I've had friends that do that shit but not me I have seen what it can do to people.
Opiates and "dope" (heroin) are basically the same. Both are physically and psychologically addicting. You've seen what dope can do? I've seen the very same thing in opiate users. The only difference is that one can be obtained legally which makes it legal and easy to abuse.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#7 Dec 16, 2010
zman1114 wrote:
nobody likes a quiter ;-)
Lol, thanks. My first laugh of the day!
Ho Lee Schitt

Pennington, NJ

#8 Dec 16, 2010
All articles like this do is make it harder for legitimate pain patients to get the medicine they need. It's bad enough when dea thugs arrest compassionate doctors but when 'educated' journalists parrot what they are told by law enforcement without investigation or questions it creates a climate of fear in the medical community.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 16, 2010
kate wrote:
Well let me just say this one thing... dope IS an opiate, and not sure how old you are but I learned early NEVER SAY NEVER...I said that and it NEVER ends. So hopefully you ARE smarter then me,stronger then me,maybe richer then me, because you woudn't want to be like me. I wish you luck and whole lot of strength.PEACE OUT

Location hidden

#10 Dec 16, 2010
Bootsie 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, thanks. My first laugh of the day!
As serious as it is...that was good!!!!

“"say it to my face"”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13 Dec 24, 2010
they can be and most people (in pain) are physicality addicted to them....this just blows for people like me that are really in pain b/c ever damn Dr. i go to is so afraid to write a script is ridiculous....so in turn i use the lil money i do have to buy a few to get threw the month....what i have to say to someone thats just taking it to get a high is....smoke some crack or weed or go shoot up and stop ruining it for me and others in pain

Location hidden

#14 Dec 26, 2010
FLip oFF wrote:
they can be and most people (in pain) are physicality addicted to them....this just blows for people like me that are really in pain b/c ever damn Dr. i go to is so afraid to write a script is ridiculous....so in turn i use the lil money i do have to buy a few to get threw the month....what i have to say to someone thats just taking it to get a high is....smoke some crack or weed or go shoot up and stop ruining it for me and others in pain
This is the way it has been for me too..I would love to ask a doctor who needs the meds more me the one goin into hock because the docs are off track..or the dude that lives a stress free life because I pay his bills????
Presley

Tokyo, Japan

#15 Oct 26, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) from ZTOPIX. COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Semmol

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Oct 31, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………………Amazing it is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug arrests made in Braidwood, Wilmington (Nov '13) 1 hr oscar 57
City traffic stop leads to felony drug arrest 1 hr eyeHATElebronJAMES 1
Illegal Prescription Drug Raids In Georgetown (Mar '11) 4 hr Pud the Stud 99
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... 7 hr ExBFF 27
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) 8 hr Joey 209
24 Arrested in Crystal City Area Based Cocaine ... 12 hr SAN ANTO 20
Corrections officer arrested on felony drug count 17 hr Ace McMillan 1

Drugs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE