Winnfield man faces up to 90-year prison term

May 4, 2012 Full story: Alexandria Daily Town Talk 56

A Winnfield man was convicted this week on methamphetamine conspiracy and trafficking charges and faces up to 90 years in prison, Winn Parish District Attorney Chris Nevils said in a news release Thursday.

Read more
ur worse nightmare

United States

#21 May 6, 2012
Everybody thinks tim sales drugs and he don't..he's an addict..and we r mad bc he dosent deserve to b sent to prison for 90+ years for being addicted to drugs...he needs rehab and being n prison isn't guna get him the help he needs...he can get more drugs n jail then anywhere..where u have the woman inmates fu*ckin the jailers for cigarette and drugs...so ppl Dnt tell is Tim deserves what he got...they had no evidence r any thing on Tim to prove he was dealing drugs

“Bite Me”

Since: May 12

Hershey, PA

#22 May 6, 2012
ur worse nightmare wrote:
Everybody thinks tim sales drugs and he don't..he's an addict..and we r mad bc he dosent deserve to b sent to prison for 90+ years for being addicted to drugs...he needs rehab and being n prison isn't guna get him the help he needs...he can get more drugs n jail then anywhere..where u have the woman inmates fu*ckin the jailers for cigarette and drugs...so ppl Dnt tell is Tim deserves what he got...they had no evidence r any thing on Tim to prove he was dealing drugs
You know what they always say,

Stupid is suppose to hurt.
ur worse nightmare

United States

#23 May 7, 2012
And u know what Ima say shut the hell up and get off this topic and do something with ur life...like go get a job r something and stop trying to tend to someone's life...seems to me yall have so much spare time on yall hands to set here and downgrade Tim and his family...I bet none of yall family is perfect...so with all yall spare time please go give it to someone who cares cause we sure as hell don't

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Parts Unknown

#24 May 7, 2012
May 4, 2012

Winnfield drug trafficker faces up to 90 years in prison

Town Talk staff

A 35-year-old Winnfield man convicted this week on methamphetamine conspiracy and trafficking charges faces up to 90 years in prison, Winn Parish District Attorney Chris Nevils said in a news release Thursday.

Timothy D. Norris could be looking at even more jail time if the district attorney's office is successful in classifying him as a habitual offender, the release said.

In 2003, Norris was convicted of possession of methamphetamine and was jailed for five years.

On the latest charges, a 12-person jury convicted Norris on Wednesday after about an hour deliberating.

The verdict was unanimous in finding guilt on two counts of conspiracy to traffic methamphetamine and two counts of distribution.

Without the habitual offender classification, Norris faces a maximum 90 years in prison at hard labor and a fine up to $150,000. State district Judge Jacque Derr has not set a sentencing date.

Norris was one of more than 24 suspects arrested in 2010 following a yearlong undercover drug operation by Louisiana State Police and federal officers.

Most of the suspects pleaded guilty; Norris did not, opting for a trial that started with jury selection Tuesday and testimony and the jury's verdict Wednesday.

"I want to thank the Louisiana State Police and Winn Parish Sheriff's Office for their hard work on this case," Nevils said.

“Bite Me”

Since: May 12

Hershey, PA

#25 May 7, 2012
ur worse nightmare wrote:
And u know what Ima say shut the hell up and get off this topic and do something with ur life...like go get a job r something and stop trying to tend to someone's life...seems to me yall have so much spare time on yall hands to set here and downgrade Tim and his family...I bet none of yall family is perfect...so with all yall spare time please go give it to someone who cares cause we sure as hell don't
You are right, you are the worst i`ve ever seen.

Take your mouth and run it else where, I piss away more on lunch than you make working per day.

So that makes you far beneath me peon.
danger danger danger

Milton, KY

#26 May 7, 2012
I hear his family showed their ass in the courtroom holering and cussing out the judge and the deputies did nothing because they were scared to death of them because this whole family is involed in the drug trade and they were afraid they would be targeted or their family, is this true? Did that happen?
AstroDog

United States

#28 May 7, 2012
ElephantFly wrote:
May 4, 2012
Town Talk staff
A 35-year-old Winnfield man convicted this week on methamphetamine conspiracy and trafficking charges faces up to 90 years in prison, Winn Parish District Attorney Chris Nevils said in a news release Thursday.
Timothy D. Norris could be looking at even more jail time if the district attorney's office is successful in classifying him as a habitual offender, the release said.
In 2003, Norris was convicted of possession of methamphetamine and was jailed for five years.
On the latest charges, a 12-person jury convicted Norris on Wednesday after about an hour deliberating.
The verdict was unanimous in finding guilt on two counts of conspiracy to traffic methamphetamine and two counts of distribution.
Without the habitual offender classification, Norris faces a maximum 90 years in prison at hard labor and a fine up to $150,000. State district Judge Jacque Derr has not set a sentencing date.
Norris was one of more than 24 suspects arrested in 2010 following a yearlong undercover drug operation by Louisiana State Police and federal officers.
Most of the suspects pleaded guilty; Norris did not, opting for a trial that started with jury selection Tuesday and testimony and the jury's verdict Wednesday.
"I want to thank the Louisiana State Police and Winn Parish Sheriff's Office for their hard work on this case," Nevils said.
What about Tony Autry???? Talk about a habitual offender. He has had dozens of felony arrests and the DA lets him off every time. He should be serving life for all he has done, and his charges are dropped to a misdemeanor and he is let out for time served.

“Good News Travels Fast”

Since: Jan 11

Parts Unknown

#29 May 7, 2012
AstroDog wrote:
<quoted text>What about Tony Autry???? Talk about a habitual offender. He has had dozens of felony arrests and the DA lets him off every time. He should be serving life for all he has done, and his charges are dropped to a misdemeanor and he is let out for time served.
I didn't see his name in the newspaper article. Maybe next weeks paper who knows.

“I am telling you what to think”

Since: Oct 11

NOT HERE,

#30 May 7, 2012
One down a hell of a lot more to go.
FACTS just FACTS

Hillister, TX

#31 May 8, 2012
danger danger danger wrote:
I hear his family showed their ass in the courtroom holering and cussing out the judge and the deputies did nothing because they were scared to death of them because this whole family is involed in the drug trade and they were afraid they would be targeted or their family, is this true? Did that happen?
They didn't do anything about it that is a fact! They let them stand there cursing the judge and didn't lift a finger to do anything! Let them just walk out the door shouting threats! FACT!
pumpkin

United States

#32 May 8, 2012
Whiners wrote:
Tim was convicted by a jury of his peers. Not once, but three times for possessing and distributing drugs. To his family he's remembered as fun and loving, to the rest of society he's a convicted felon(habitual felon). We all sympathize with you, for your feeling of loss,however, he was given more than enough opportunities to change his life. Now, he must pay the penalty he owes for his bad decisions. Don't be mad at everyone else, be mad at Tim for making you feel this way. When your through being mad at him, pray for him that he will seek God's will in his life and just maybe God will provide him with another opportunity at freedom!!!
This is the BEST and most important statement on this site at the moment. You are 100% right! So glad there are still good people reading and writing on this site.
michelle

Bellevue, WA

#33 May 12, 2012
that family aint about shit so why in the hell would anybody be scared!! they shoulda charged the whole damn mess for actting like what they are TRASH!
ur worse nightmare

Tuscaloosa, AL

#34 May 13, 2012
B*tch u know nothing about his family I with u would tell his family that cuz u wouldn't have no teeth n ur f*ckin head so keep talk shit and they'll find out who u are best believe that
to be

Pineville, LA

#35 May 14, 2012
Nice has nothing to do with it. He did harm to many people. In jail he will get cleaned up and get the drugs out of his system. He will be out in a few years. Then he can become a preacher of the word.
LETTING U KNOW

Winnfield, LA

#36 Jul 13, 2012
To all of u shit talkers that wants to downgrate somebody... Just remember... GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY!!!! And u will get whats coming to u.
waste

Alexandria, LA

#37 Jul 13, 2012
ElephantFly wrote:
May 4, 2012
Town Talk staff
If a 35 year old man faces up to 90 years in prison why would DA Nevils spend more money to seek more jail time by having him classified as a habitual offender?? When is the next election?
Just Saying

Zwolle, LA

#38 Jul 13, 2012
I don't know this man, only the little I have read in the paper. I just think it is wrong to let sexual preditors that hurt kids in the worse way be given a lighter sentence than a drug dealer. Yes, drug dealers tear up lives, but research shows that at some point if they want to change they can. On the other hand there is nothing that can fix a sexual preditor. They do very little time in most cases and return to society to prey on kids and others again. They look normal, work and are usually well mannered. Most probably don't do drugs so they don't stand out as a nusiance.

I am not saying this guy should not do some hard time. Just saying unless it is proven that his drugs was the cause of a death why give him more time than a preditor? To me these are the ones that should invoke outrage with people.
angels

Long Island City, NY

#39 Jul 14, 2012
Whiners wrote:
Tim was convicted by a jury of his peers. Not once, but three times for possessing and distributing drugs. To his family he's remembered as fun and loving, to the rest of society he's a convicted felon(habitual felon). We all sympathize with you, for your feeling of loss,however, he was given more than enough opportunities to change his life. Now, he must pay the penalty he owes for his bad decisions. Don't be mad at everyone else, be mad at Tim for making you feel this way. When your through being mad at him, pray for him that he will seek God's will in his life and just maybe God will provide him with another opportunity at freedom!!!
I totaly agree with you,veary well said.
smh

United States

#40 Jul 16, 2012
rot in jail tim
family

Winnfield, LA

#41 Jul 16, 2012
smh wrote:
rot in jail tim
if anyone has any thing to say to my family please feel free to come by house and talk. my address is 306 bernstein st thank you very much

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Schumer seeks drug designation for Oneida ... 1 hr High Blood Sugare... 38
News Gallipolis man sentenced to 5 years in prison (Dec '10) 3 hr Muskrat 18
News Officer finds drug in man's buttocks at jail 3 hr Disclaimer 20
News Growing the new modern medicine 6 hr jtn 2
News Lisette Lee ex-pal writes book on suitcase mari... 7 hr Big Johnson 1
News Kennedale police told about a meth deal gone ba... 9 hr the ex 23
News 17 Indicted for Drug Trafficking in Pickaw... 12 hr Sucks For Them 1
More from around the web