James Don Richardson arrested in Bowi...

James Don Richardson arrested in Bowie drug case

There are 52 comments on the Times Record News story from Jan 6, 2009, titled James Don Richardson arrested in Bowie drug case. In it, Times Record News reports that:

Montague County law enforcement officers executed a search warrant at a Bowie area home early Saturday morning, arresting one man for drug manufacturing and one for possession.

Officers from Bowie Police, the county sheriff’s office and the district attorney’s office converged on 994 Applegate Road at 3 a.m. Saturday. County Sheriff Paul Cunningham said evidence from an investigation conducted by those offices lead to the search warrant.

Arrested at the scene was James Don Richardson, 37, who resides at the property. Officers found an operating lab, but it is unclear the exact amount of methamphetamine found at the scene. The drugs were in the drying process and being collected by Bowie Police Investigator Chris Hughes and sent for testing.

Cunningham said due to the high risk nature of the search, SWAT officers were on the scene. Richardson is out on $500,000 bond for an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge from a May 18, 2008 shooting.

Richardson was arrested in connection with the death of Alfred Eugene Howard, 33, who was found behind the Richardson home suffering from two gunshot wounds. Howard was transported to a Fort Worth hospital, where he later died from his wounds. It is anticipated the charge will be upgraded to homicide.

SWAT entered the residence, but Richardson was found walking out of a barn and arrested without incident. Cunningham said the man was taken to the jail and then transferred to Wise County. Bond of $500,000 was set on a charge of manufacture-delivery of a controlled substance.

A second man, Thomas Wayne Grooms, 22, of Bowie, drove up to the residence. He was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance. Bond was set at $10,000.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Record News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Misty

Portland, OR

#41 Jun 26, 2010
The Dad wrote:
<quoted text> Good Person???????NOT
Thats what happens when people are mixed up in drugs. Accident or not he should not have been cooking drugs and should not have shot someone because of drugs.
Misty

Portland, OR

#42 Jun 26, 2010
Texas Willy wrote:
Shoot them all and let God sort it out
God will sort it out the way it should be and he will deal with the ones that think shooting and killing is ok too
slickwilly

Hemphill, TX

#43 Jun 29, 2010
Dopers are the skum of the earth. I mean damn these are the people of the county who for the most part can't do a damn thing right, and people pay them for their dope. Like they are chemists or something. I'll bet 90% of them never even made it high enough in school to take a chemistry class. What idiots!
tammy

Wichita Falls, TX

#44 Jul 11, 2010
slickwilly wrote:
Dopers are the skum of the earth. I mean damn these are the people of the county who for the most part can't do a damn thing right, and people pay them for their dope. Like they are chemists or something. I'll bet 90% of them never even made it high enough in school to take a chemistry class. What idiots!
lmfao.......u judgemental people amaze me......lmfao

and has anyone heard anything TRUE about thomas grooms......
eat me

Nocona, TX

#45 Jul 12, 2010
Tammy, that's the reason its called "DOPE"!!!

Since: Dec 08

Bowie, TX

#46 Jul 19, 2010
Do not think it has gone to court yet!!! But he is still in jail where he belong!!!
the daughter

Euless, TX

#48 May 24, 2013
Yeahh I know this hasn't been messed with for awhile but I just had to comment. Alfred was my dad! Did he deserve to be shot no. He wasn't stealing anything he was returning his truck which James let him borrow. James is by far a good man! He deserves to rot in jail for what he did! My father did not deserve to die!
mommag

Euless, TX

#49 May 25, 2013
Sounds to me like the idiot should've been denied bail the first time!
the daughter

United States

#50 Jun 5, 2013
mommag wrote:
Sounds to me like the idiot should've been denied bail the first time!
Agreed! Cause now I gotta live knowin the person who killed my dad just roams free in the same town as me ):
tlt

Addison, TX

#51 Jun 6, 2013
the daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Cause now I gotta live knowin the person who killed my dad just roams free in the same town as me ):
He's not roaming free. He is in Prison in Huntsville. But then again he will be out on parole in a few years
the daughter

Euless, TX

#52 Jun 6, 2013
tlt wrote:
<quoted text>He's not roaming free. He is in Prison in Huntsville. But then again he will be out on parole in a few years
That's good! I hope he doesn't get paroled and rots there!
kigiti

Pittsburgh, PA

#53 Jun 24, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……… Is Cool-huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former boxer is convicted of drug charges (Nov '06) 9 min RCushenb 60
News Massena police chief: Drug dealers will keeping... 1 hr ok yea 4
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 11 hr Carlsbad 6
News Sanctuary cities must be ended 15 hr Cat74 9
News 17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) 16 hr kilbynation 51
News State Panel Prepares To Move Forward With Medic... 18 hr Kelly Finney 1
News Two charged with unlawful manufacturing of meth... 19 hr Forrest 1
More from around the web