Pair Busted With 100 Pounds Of Pot

Pair Busted With 100 Pounds Of Pot

There are 102 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Pair Busted With 100 Pounds Of Pot. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Police have busted two people who they say were traveling in a car with 100 pounds of marijuana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Winston Smith

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Maybe they had glaucoma
Diane

Reading, PA

#2 Jan 26, 2010
Yeah now if only they would bust the ones bringing drugs in from NY.
Jenna Seibert

Northampton, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2010
wow why would they come from whereever to get caught in pennsylavania i never heard of such a stupid think in my life duh!!!!!!!!!!
Jenna Seibert

Northampton, PA

#5 Jan 27, 2010
ive never heard of anything more stupid whywould they do that
Desparate

Girardville, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2010
Please let the "more arrests" be my neighbor! I'm tired of the traffic at all hours.

Since: Mar 07

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2010
This "bust" isn't going to make a dent in the supply.
One hundred pounds is nothing.

But it gives the cops an opportunity to tout their "successful operations", and to justify more and more tax dollars every year for the "war on drugs".
realitycheck

Slatington, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2010
Ditto Desparate.

Since: Mar 07

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jan 27, 2010
One hundred pounds has a street value of about $150-160k.

The only ones losing sleep over it are the two delivery drivers.

I'd rather grow my own. It's too easy.
Paula

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2010
Winston Smith wrote:
Maybe they had glaucoma
I love this coment! It made me laugh out loud for real!
Nick RDG KDing

Reading, PA

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Now where am i suppose to Get Some Smoke......lol , These are Real Dopes 100 Pounds prolly in a Hatchback without the top, Maybe a sapito...wow That Sucks
Aaron

Reading, PA

#12 Jan 27, 2010
Why cant we just legalize it. It would save the hassle and our government can tramendusly benefit from all the money the state will get and it can possibly also help the hatie disater
Oh My

Girardville, PA

#13 Jan 27, 2010
Wow - you've been smokin a little, huh? Do you actually believe the government can do anything to benefit the common person?
mmm

Reading, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2010
Jenna Seibert wrote:
Maybe its because they are involved with POT!. Makes anuone who smokes it stupid and dull.
mmm

Reading, PA

#15 Jan 27, 2010
Jenna Seibert wrote:
wow why would they come from whereever to get caught in pennsylavania i never heard of such a stupid think in my life duh!!!!!!!!!!
See my answer to the other person.
mmm

Reading, PA

#16 Jan 27, 2010
Jenna Seibert wrote:
Oh the other person is you, sorry.
mmm

Reading, PA

#17 Jan 27, 2010
Oh My wrote:
Wow - you've been smokin a little, huh? Do you actually believe the government can do anything to benefit the common person?
How does legalizing more drugs help this country? We have enough problem with alcohol. How about people get off the drugs to help put an end to the crime that comes with it. And yes, people have died because someone was driving and smoking pot. Maybe the numbers are small but if it was legalized that number would surely go up.
mmm

Reading, PA

#18 Jan 27, 2010
mmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe its because they are involved with POT!. Makes anyone who smokes it stupid and dull.
They used to call in dope, which you become when you get stoned.

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#19 Jan 27, 2010
mmm wrote:
<quoted text>
How does legalizing more drugs help this country? We have enough problem with alcohol. How about people get off the drugs to help put an end to the crime that comes with it. And yes, people have died because someone was driving and smoking pot. Maybe the numbers are small but if it was legalized that number would surely go up.
Do you have any examples of people who have died because someone was driving under the influence of pot?

Here's the thing: there is no test out there that can determine if someone is *currently* under the influence of marijuana. Urine tests pick up THC in the urine - but it can be detected for up to 30 days (or more) since the last time someone smoked. So, one could conceiveably test positive even if it's been many days or weeks since they've smoked.

Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, and it should be legal.
mmm

Reading, PA

#20 Jan 27, 2010
Pot is disgusting. The stench of it is disgusting. I know I lived with pot heads for many years. These was one person I knew who at least had the common sense to not smoke it when he drove. How many others would do the same? Yes once and awhile the accident report comes back to say that pot was found in the system of the driver. Usually there will be pot and alcohol. But sometimes just pot. Your lungs are not designed to suck in smoke, period. Please don't try and argue this, its common sense.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 Jan 27, 2010
I learned in gradeschool that one joint = 20 cigarettes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 24 min Casper 605
News Drug Investigation Leads to a Scott County Woma... (Mar '10) 16 hr Addict not proud 33
News Three jailed in area drug bust (Dec '08) Sun Reality 5
grass xanis bar perks oc's molly bain weed... Sun now 1
News Police: Man Arrested With Pound Of Pot In Fairf... Sun BPT 1
News Faces Drug Charges (Aug '08) Sun Mt Vernon Rd resi... 15
News Five more people arrested from Lewis County dru... Sun Minx 3
More from around the web