Police Arrest Two In Old Saybrook Dru...

Police Arrest Two In Old Saybrook Drug Bust -- Addiction

There are 31 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Police Arrest Two In Old Saybrook Drug Bust -- Addiction. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Police arrested two brothers Wednesday night for operating a drug factory on North Street, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pot Protected

Belmont, MA

#1 Apr 3, 2008
I feel so much safer now that I have been protected from pot. Great use of resources. Thank you Old Saybrook Police.
Brandy

West Yarmouth, MA

#2 Apr 3, 2008
This is my family and the story is a little over the top, considering that they only took 3 Med sized plants out of the home and about 5 little ones. Everyone likes to think that because people do "pot" they are guilty, they simply grew their own product. They never got caught selling anything nor was their proof of them selling. The tip came from a neighbor 4 houses down who is trying to get off on his own charges of violation of Prole and possession of haulucinigines. So Who do you belive? The men growing their own "pot" or the one trying to stay out of jail for more serious charges?
Badger

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2008
"The police department has zero tolerance for any type of drug activity, especially the sale of narcotics," Spera said.

Gee...Thanks for sharing that with us Wonder Boy. Also, I will sleep tonight knowing the OSPD got those 20 plants off the streets.

What is the Departments policy on Larceny and Racketeering?
A senior citizen

Greenfield, MA

#4 Apr 3, 2008
Why do I have the feeling that this was timed just right to take the focus off of Mosca and the mess he has gotten himself in? Apparently, this town feels pot is worse than what our top officials are doing at the police station and other areas in town.
Yankee Doodle

North Branford, CT

#5 Apr 3, 2008
How about this was just an easy pinch since alledgedly the source was a jail bird parolee looking for some leniency. Maybe the brothers should have given the snitch some free weed, or maybe when they were not being caught selling, they should have given the parolee a full dime instead of shorting him.
Stupid Drug War

Belmont, MA

#6 Apr 3, 2008
Isn't it time to decriminalize marijuana? This is a waste of resources. I doubt these gentlemen will receive jail time, but, in any event, our prisons are busting at their seams. Should we let out the sex offender to incarcerate the toker?
Joe DeRail

Bayonne, NJ

#7 Apr 3, 2008
Big deal. Seize the weed, leave the cocaine abusers and drunk drivers alone.

“Fallen Angel”

Since: Jan 07

New England

#8 Apr 3, 2008
It is absurd they ever made a "crime" of selling or possessing drugs, which is a violation of the inalienable right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

To anyone who genuinely values human freedom (not just freedom to live out their own prejudices that deny freedom to others), the drug war represents a sinister premise: you do not have ownership over your own body; that you don’t have the right to decide what you’ll do with your body, with your property and with your life. The position of the drug warriors is that you should be in jail if you decide to do something with your body that they don’t approve of.

That is not freedom and that is totally repugnant to the ideals of a free society.
YouRCrazy

Champaign, IL

#11 Apr 4, 2008
timemachinist wrote:
This is at least the 14th thread now! What could be your motive?
Here are some of the previous threads to which you've obsessively followed me to make personal attacks
I looked at these sites, not sure if he/she is crazy or otherwise just pointing out that you are? Me also thinks you kind of like it as most others just think you are nuts and then move on? Maybe you offended him or he/she has suffered a loss due to drugs and doesn't like your perspective? Lots of reasons I guess...
Tom and Joe Daniels

Ansonia, CT

#12 Apr 4, 2008
First, there were only 6 plants about 2' tall and there were another 20 about 6" (sprouts). The tip came from a so called friend that got violated for probation and they used that to get false information. The narcartics were 5 valiums. The "drug factory" itself was 2 lights and a fan. This was our first trying to grow our own because we are tired of paying. We only bought the light 4mts ago (still have receipts) so there no way their was time to reach maturity. They only took a dime of weed from Joe and just over an eighth from Tom. Robert Peterson (the informant) has an extremly long record of burgluries and drug charges. He was also just arrested with a quarter pound in Hartford, CT and the police can't figure out where it is coming from?!!(See for yourself on Middlesex court system site) Thanks for the positive comments!
Miss

Groton, CT

#13 Apr 5, 2008
Robert Peterson continues to dig his own grave. It's too bad the police in Hartford busted him before he could pick up his weekly cocaine bundle. His children are in for a harsh life because he surely isn't done adding to his record. The police think it's right to accommodate the real culprit, and in turn, unjustly bust a couple of harmless men? And they make it out to be some sort of benefit to a town that has long been overflowing with resources! Good work Saybrook Police, such a fine display of integrity. Tell your snitch he still owes me money.
Crazy Man

West Yarmouth, MA

#14 Apr 5, 2008
Miss wrote:
Robert Peterson continues to dig his own grave. It's too bad the police in Hartford busted him before he could pick up his weekly cocaine bundle. His children are in for a harsh life because he surely isn't done adding to his record. The police think it's right to accommodate the real culprit, and in turn, unjustly bust a couple of harmless men? And they make it out to be some sort of benefit to a town that has long been overflowing with resources! Good work Saybrook Police, such a fine display of integrity. Tell your snitch he still owes me money.
I couldn't agree with you more. But like they say what goes around comes around. Robert's poor kids are going to grow up with his name and all the stupid things he has done. Tell him he owes me money too. I will be more than happy to let the OSPD know that he is my supplier!
Mosun

East Hampton, CT

#15 Apr 6, 2008
5 Plants give me a break anything to make the OSPD look good.Mosca must be happy for something to report other than the bad press hes been getting.Ole Sadie dog should have bit all of them where the sun dont shine.Hang in there Bob.
Jim

United States

#16 Apr 6, 2008
Tom and Joe Daniels wrote:
First, there were only 6 plants about 2' tall and there were another 20 about 6" (sprouts). The tip came from a so called friend that got violated for probation and they used that to get false information. The narcartics were 5 valiums. The "drug factory" itself was 2 lights and a fan. This was our first trying to grow our own because we are tired of paying. We only bought the light 4mts ago (still have receipts) so there no way their was time to reach maturity. They only took a dime of weed from Joe and just over an eighth from Tom. Robert Peterson (the informant) has an extremly long record of burgluries and drug charges. He was also just arrested with a quarter pound in Hartford, CT and the police can't figure out where it is coming from?!!(See for yourself on Middlesex court system site) Thanks for the positive comments!
Only 6 plants two feet high? Only 20 more 6 inch sprouts? The fact is there shouldn't have been any at all.
Next you talk about a "so-called friend" who I am assuming isn't any longer since he ratted you out, but he was prior to that yet you go on to point out his lengthy criminal record. If this guy is now such a dirt bag why was he ever even considered to be a friend at all and what was the nature of this association?

Dude, there is no way you will convince anyone that with that many plants that this was going to be all for personal consumption and that you were not going to be selling it.
luke

United States

#17 Apr 6, 2008
Robert peterson is a snitch. If you do the crime you should do the time. You dont bring your so called friends into it. When i violated I didnt snitch on any one . He hates his wife and he also tells me he would rather lay it up in jail than spend time with her whining ass. He's been cheating on her for about 6 months with someone he used to date.
Anonymous

New Bedford, MA

#18 Apr 7, 2008
how much more obvious could it be that OSPD is trying to use this to draw attention from their own issues? before the raid was commenced, a channel 3 news van was on the scene and ready to record. also, in the original news story, you can see that several different officers walk out the door and around the house with the same 2 plants in their arms over and over. obviously an attempt to exaggerate the number of plants. also, i have read the original search warrant which names robert peterson as the informant numerous time, and shows plainly that the information he provided about the daniels's supposed "drug factory" is disgustingly exaggerated.

“Greetings from the Twin Cities”

Since: Apr 07

Bloomington, MN

#19 Apr 7, 2008
What great harm were these two committing? Where are the horrible effects that the police are trying to get rid of?
They grew a few plants that grow naturally around the world.
Anonymous

New Bedford, MA

#20 Apr 7, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 6 plants two feet high? Only 20 more 6 inch sprouts? The fact is there shouldn't have been any at all.
Next you talk about a "so-called friend" who I am assuming isn't any longer since he ratted you out, but he was prior to that yet you go on to point out his lengthy criminal record. If this guy is now such a dirt bag why was he ever even considered to be a friend at all and what was the nature of this association?
Dude, there is no way you will convince anyone that with that many plants that this was going to be all for personal consumption and that you were not going to be selling it.
do you have any experience in growing pot? i dont think you do, because the amount of smokable pot that could be harvested from the particular species of stunted pot plants here is actually quite small. i know these people personally and they had no intention of selling the product, just getting really stoned for a few weeks.
Brandy

Ansonia, CT

#21 Apr 7, 2008
The extra bedroom above the garage is 16' x 24'. Has brand new sheet rock, istulation, and carpet. It is heated and they have full access to the home that they lived in. Their friend was sleeping on the couch with no place to stay. He asked if he can make a bedroom and they thought they would help him out. Their rent is $1300 @ mth. There are 3 bedrooms inside so $300.00 sounds like a deal. The place was split 4 ways. So the person in the bedroom above the garage paid the least as is fair.
Marjorie

South Dennis, MA

#22 Apr 7, 2008
Marijuana is an illegal drug in this State, in this country.
Jail time is in order, and kudos to the Old Saybrook Police for their zero-tolerance!! For every drug-junkie busted and prosecuted, they safer ALL of our children become, IMHO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drug sweep nets 12 arrests in Upshur County 53 min Usa33 6
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 2 hr El Jiringas 508
News Carbon group seeks to fight drug problem 2 hr Charles Darwin 3
News West Virginia city swamped by overdoses, as nat... 10 hr southern at heart 2
News Former deputy receives probation (Jul '08) 18 hr Cassie 26
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 20 hr Ted 4,833
molly for sale toronto (Jan '16) Tue chaz 2
More from around the web