Arkansas Court Indicts Eight in Heroi...

Arkansas Court Indicts Eight in Heroin Distribution Conspiracy Blamed for Two Deaths

There are 34 comments on the ArkansasMatters story from Jul 26, 2012, titled Arkansas Court Indicts Eight in Heroin Distribution Conspiracy Blamed for Two Deaths. In it, ArkansasMatters reports that:

An Arkansas federal court has indicted eight men in a heroin distribution conspiracy blamed for two deaths.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasMatters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cabot Resident

Cabot, AR

#21 Jul 30, 2012
Family wrote:
Actually, you should probably know a story in full before speaking. The deceased and SOME of those arrested were actually best friends. There was no "dealing" involved. That is not what distribution fully entails. Friends going together to get drugs and said drugs passing from one hand to the other. Who's business is it of ANYONE on here other than those immediately involved anyway? None. Precisely.
Easy, the freedom of information act says it is all our right to know and as citizens we need to know to protect our children.

United States

#22 Jul 30, 2012
I know Zane very well and i for one know he had many chances to change. After this last time he got out of jail he had everything handed to him and he still stole from his mom, sister, grandmother, and his niece. Looks like it finally caught up with him.
lmao

United States

#23 Jul 30, 2012
Okay. I'll give you that one. I didn't know Zane very well. I agree that they all need to go to jail. But I have a hard time agreeing with life in prison. For anyone. For anything, but murder. Like cold hearted, put a gun or something to someone's head and killing them. Yeah, then go rot in prison gettin booty raped. But for selling drugs, I disagree with. Yes I know it's bad but I still have a hard time with that.
Family

Euless, TX

#24 Jul 30, 2012
I agree to an extent. Those that have priors and have been given opportunity after opportunity to change and continue to go in and out of jail should be sentenced accordingly. However, those who were never steered in the right direction, given a chance to change their lives and habits, or are just getting their pasts caught up with them should be given said opportunity.
lmao wrote:
Okay. I'll give you that one. I didn't know Zane very well. I agree that they all need to go to jail. But I have a hard time agreeing with life in prison. For anyone. For anything, but murder. Like cold hearted, put a gun or something to someone's head and killing them. Yeah, then go rot in prison gettin booty raped. But for selling drugs, I disagree with. Yes I know it's bad but I still have a hard time with that.
lmao

United States

#25 Jul 30, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text>I agree to an extent. Those that have priors and have been given opportunity after opportunity to change and continue to go in and out of jail should be sentenced accordingly. However, those who were never steered in the right direction, given a chance to change their lives and habits, or are just getting their pasts caught up with them should be given said opportunity.
Yup. Goin to jail over and over for the same stuff and not changing anything, or just getting worse.. Obviously your not gonna change. So go for it. It just saddens me to see a 19 year old go down for so much time. It's sad to me. I know him too. Not extremely well but anytime I've ever been around him he was the funniest person there. Has a good heart. And was a true friend. And always had a positive attitude. He just got caught up in bad habits. The same bad habits that other people had, that other died on. Now for Zane, if he's already been through this multiple times before and didn't change then he needs to learn his lesson somehow or stay off the streets.
lol

Bellevue, WA

#26 Aug 9, 2012
lmao wrote:
And I wasn't laughing at them. The situation is fucked. I was laughing at people tryin to get everyone to stop talkig about it like it isn't a big thing going on in a lot of lives. More people then you can even think of have been effected. Family, friends, loved ones, themselves.
I thnk this and the previous post were spot on. They should be punished but to me a better choice would incorporate punishment with rehab/counseling and no the rest of their lives for sure. Hasnt enough been lost? Everyone deserves another chance to get it right. And absolutely the ones who paid the ultimate price made the decision just like these boys to do it. The publc has every right to know and speak of it. As far as facts, you can read the entire indictment on the net.
believer

Glade Spring, VA

#27 Aug 9, 2012
Pushers don't need the working people to support their sorry parasitic arses for twenty years, they need to take the familys food stamps and put their low life arses to work farming for the rest of their lives, what the hell do you think is gonna happen when the government runs out of paper to print. And the working class has to support these parasites who suck up the living of most of the users and other people who work to buy what these bitches on drugs steal. They shouldn't have life for these useless bas---ds, they should have public hangings. Wait till the UN takes oveer the earth, see what happens to the useless. The UN wants all the guns in the world taken away from citizens so all that will have guns will be military and police...then what. Drugs are just a governmental way to destroy a nation from within. Thru world trade agreements, the economy will topple in every country,,take a look at the situation. We'll all wind up under marshall law and in concentration camps. How can a one world government be assembled...kill as many people off as they can. Communities should not have to hide from the parasites, they should ban together to run them out of their communities.Fear is a good factor,to run somebody out of town, to kill or whateve justice the community deals out, one pusher gone, willl save a child.Sav a life, eliminate evil.
lmao

Euless, TX

#28 Aug 9, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>I thnk this and the previous post were spot on. They should be punished but to me a better choice would incorporate punishment with rehab/counseling and no the rest of their lives for sure. Hasnt enough been lost? Everyone deserves another chance to get it right. And absolutely the ones who paid the ultimate price made the decision just like these boys to do it. The publc has every right to know and speak of it. As far as facts, you can read the entire indictment on the net.
Yeah. Rehab would do them so much better then sitting in prison forever. That's no life for a 19, 22, and however old the other people are. Butttt if they've already had multiple other chances then what can you do for them? Obviously then they need to be off the streets. But first timers, people who never had anything like this and only doin it for a year or whatever, I think they need a second chance. They are not all the same person, so why should they be charged they same?
lmao

Euless, TX

#29 Aug 9, 2012
believer wrote:
Pushers don't need the working people to support their sorry parasitic arses for twenty years, they need to take the familys food stamps and put their low life arses to work farming for the rest of their lives, what the hell do you think is gonna happen when the government runs out of paper to print. And the working class has to support these parasites who suck up the living of most of the users and other people who work to buy what these bitches on drugs steal. They shouldn't have life for these useless bas---ds, they should have public hangings. Wait till the UN takes oveer the earth, see what happens to the useless. The UN wants all the guns in the world taken away from citizens so all that will have guns will be military and police...then what. Drugs are just a governmental way to destroy a nation from within. Thru world trade agreements, the economy will topple in every country,,take a look at the situation. We'll all wind up under marshall law and in concentration camps. How can a one world government be assembled...kill as many people off as they can. Communities should not have to hide from the parasites, they should ban together to run them out of their communities.Fear is a good factor,to run somebody out of town, to kill or whateve justice the community deals out, one pusher gone, willl save a child.Sav a life, eliminate evil.
and I think you have problems. That's all I've got to say to that one.
J l w

Cabot, AR

#30 Oct 25, 2012
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Bitching moaning n groaning about who is at fault. There were lives lost ,families suffered and young men going to prison for probably the rest of their lives. Instead of gripping and arguing and trying to lay blame how about saying a prayer for all of them .
ThePast

Tuscaloosa, AL

#31 Jan 29, 2013
Wiley needs life in prison for getting everyone on the damn heroin. He is to blame for the herion. SOLEY!

HE got all the others on heroin and then controlled them!
Gods Love

Cabot, AR

#32 Feb 21, 2013
No one should Gossip it is a sin. There are children involved of any actions of anyone. sweet innocent children that the families want the best for.
Gods Love

Cabot, AR

#33 Feb 21, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I thnk this and the previous post were spot on. They should be punished but to me a better choice would incorporate punishment with rehab/counseling and no the rest of their lives for sure. Hasnt enough been lost? Everyone deserves another chance to get it right. And absolutely the ones who paid the ultimate price made the decision just like these boys to do it. The publc has every right to know and speak of it. As far as facts, you can read the entire indictment on the net.
What is on the net are the charges not the verdict. The information you obtain from the net (or anywhere) should be prayed over! EVERY SOUL MATTERS TO GOD no sin is worse than any other sin!!! Let the Lord Judge the hearts!
SOULSEARCHER

North Little Rock, AR

#34 Feb 21, 2013
"Wiley needs life in prison for getting everyone on the damn heroin. He is to blame for the herion. SOLEY! HE got all the others on heroin and then controlled them!"

This comment stood out to me. Yes, he deserves a sentence but to put all the blame on one person...come on! They all had choices to make just like the rest of us do everyday. Should we put everyone in jail that owns a store selling beer, liquor and wine? There are far many more lives lost, ruined and families suffering from those than Heroin. Yes, it is a very addictive drug, but unless they were held at gunpoint, and forced to do the drugs, THEY have to accept responsibly for their own actions. I know what you are trying to say, but to blame one person for others choices is silly. Having access to a drug if you are an abuser makes it harder to overcome, I agree 100%. That is why when you decide to get clean you have to make a total lifestyle change, including who you associate with. I have family members that are past addicts and some that are still addicts. We gave them the support and means to change, but they are the ones that have to make the choice. It saddens me a life was lost and others have no life left. I pray that all of them will find some peace and accept what happened, and try to do something positive with their future. Maybe they will help others that are heading down to same road. We all make mistakes, bad choices...No one is perfect, nor is it a perfect world. Maybe those close to the family can help them in some way. What has happened is over and done and the future is the ONLY thing that can be altered. Addicts will find a way to get drugs--that is a fact! I wonder how many people on here are hidden addicts to pills that are prescribed. Does that make you any better than someone getting them off the street? Of course it doesn't, but the prescription seems to make it alright....Having worked as a death investigator for many years, I have witnessed about ever aspect of drug use and abuse.. It always has the same outcome....Someone dies, families suffer and a future addict is born everyday. The ONLY solution is education, support and wiser choices. If you know of someone abusing anything, try your best to get them some help before it is too late....Remember anything can be abused! I pray for all addicts, families and our country! God Bless All!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poplar Bluff woman arrested on drug charges 59 min True Patriot 1
News Meth-Trafficking Ring Charged 5 hr Barack calls me B... 17
News Meet 59-year-old David Hooks, the latest drug r... (Nov '14) 12 hr Dawson 39
News Sheriff's deputy in Antrim County fired for mis... (Aug '06) 14 hr smitty 16
News Gang leader sentenced: Latin King gets 20 years... (Apr '09) 17 hr ASHEStheCHOSEN 246
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) 17 hr Summer 141
News Damian Marley Admits to Smoking Weed (Mar '06) 18 hr clarkson 139
More from around the web