Area Police Reports

Area Police Reports

There are 134 comments on the The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Area Police Reports. In it, The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York reports that:

Michael J. Watson, 38, of Panama was charged with driving while intoxicated, failure to submit to a pre-screen test, unsafe passing and expired inspection Saturday, following a traffic stop in Brooklyn Square.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Journal, Jamestown New York.

Chagrin Falls, OH

#41 Mar 3, 2009
This is your day to "SHINE" Michael......
Read the forum....."KARMA"
Corning, NY

#42 Mar 3, 2009
KARMA wrote:
This is your day to "SHINE" Michael......
Read the forum....."KARMA"
I had posted "karma" and you are using the same name. Just want people to know there are at least 2 people using this name, that don't have the same knowledge or opinion of topics.
wrong

Buffalo, NY

#43 Mar 9, 2009
zak-key wrote:
Todd just made sure he got women that would say Mike stalked and harassed them. Which never happened.
Family or not, you are trying to make it sound as if NOTHING Mike did, was wrong. The following was taken directly from the NYS Court decisions page. It speaks for itself...

"Those women, however, did not refute the statements given by them to the Department, and we
note that they were not required to request that criminal charges be brought against plaintiff, nor was it necessary for the Department to
obtain their consent to do so."

Also, he was caught drunk driving, and sorry, but the issues he's gone through over the "past 4 years" pale in comparison to what a lot of people go through. It's no excuse!!!!
Chagrin Falls, OH

#44 Mar 10, 2009
EXCUSE ME....... Todd did get the 4 women to say what Todd wanted them to say OR threatened them with there jobs. We all know 3 of them worked for the JPD and we all know who they are.
We all also know that Todd was/is NOT the only one that did make this threat.One of them has retired and the other 2 are still there with the JPD
They all 3 had a "WOODY" for Mike.
Why do you think this never went to trial? Would those women of told the TRUTH under oath? Would anyone of them in the JPD told the TRUTH, under oath?
Perhaps this along with so much other SMUT would of all surfaced and made the JPD look like.....What they truly are.
EVERY BIT OF THIS WAS A TOTAL SET-UP
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Mar 10, 2009
KARMA, Thank you, not everyone has tunnel vision like wrong does. Or maybe, wrong is just one of Todd's flunkies, who follows around behind Todd getting brownie points. Wake-up, wrong, haven't you ever heard of corruption starting at the top and how one hand washes the other. Yes, I've said that before, but maybe if I keep repeating it people will open their minds a little. Just because it's a court decision, doesn't mean it's right or what actually what happened. And by the way, I've said before, the only thing that Mike did wrong was have a couple consentual relationships. Something that is common place at JPD. Yes, that's wrong, wrong, but why don't we see any of their heads on the chopping block, like Mike's was. One more thing, wrong, I'd like to see YOU go through what Mike's been through for more than 4 years, and it continues, and see how you handle it. Now it's your turn to say, "That wouldn't happen to me."
rosielittle

United States

#46 Mar 11, 2009
What about the pending sexual harrassment charge against Officer Todd? Has everyone forgotten someone is standing up to him, making him accountable for his flithy remarks? Some, but not all, the JPD are in this "group." There are some decent, married, family men on the force, and I'm thankful for them!
Chagrin Falls, OH

#47 Mar 12, 2009
Not to sure its TODD with the pending sexual harassment charge against him? I'm thinking it is Tim Smeraldo?
You may be right, BUT I'm sure its Tim?
I'm sure there ARE some decent Married, Family Men on the force of the JPD just as Mike Watson WAS/IS UNTIL he would NOT do what his superior's wanted of him.
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Mar 12, 2009
I agree, there are some decent, married men on the force. Unfortunately, there's a couple that have retired now, but I agree with you. It's just that there are quite a few bad ones that make the whole department look bad. I also think you're referring to Tim Smeraldo. But I'm sure Todd could very easily be brought up on many charges, if the department ever got the backbone.
rosielittle

Jamestown, NY

#49 Mar 12, 2009
. . .no, Todd, too. . .
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Mar 13, 2009
rosielettle, What do you mean, no, Todd, too?
rosielittle

Jamestown, NY

#51 Mar 13, 2009
TO ZAK-KEY...don't you find it interesting there are the same questions/accusations--alleged charges--asked of several of the JPD (especially as it relates to treating women with respect)...harassment comes in several forms!
El Segundo

Fredonia, NY

#52 Mar 13, 2009
rosielittle wrote:
What about the pending sexual harrassment charge against Officer Todd? Has everyone forgotten someone is standing up to him, making him accountable for his flithy remarks? Some, but not all, the JPD are in this "group." There are some decent, married, family men on the force, and I'm thankful for them!
Ray Hall talked about those remarks last year on his show! He was quoting a legal document he obtained from god-knows-where about a settlement between the JPD and the sexual harassment victim.
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#53 Mar 14, 2009
rosielittle, Yes, I agree. Many at JPD don't have respect. It seems to be a game down there. Some of the women are just as bad. How many relationships can you have. Ray Hall did talk about that. One officer made some remarks about another officer's wife.
rosielittle

Jamestown, NY

#54 Mar 14, 2009
It's time, I think, everyone grows up and shows respect for co-workers, spouses, EVERYONE!
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#55 Mar 18, 2009
Before anyone gets fired up one this one. There are 2 Michael J. Watson's living in Jamestown. The one that was arrested for second-degree unlawful imprisonment of a female, read carefully now, WAS NOT THE FORMER POLICE OFFICER, Michael Watson. The Post Journal thought, for some reason, that the age difference would be enough. Well it wasn't. Wonder if Mr. Todd had something to do with this. Post Journal may or may not put something in the paper tomorrow, saying that this Michael J. Watson isn't the former police officer, Michael J. Watson. The harm has already been done though.
Jamestown Jammer

Lewistown, PA

#56 Mar 18, 2009
John you are absolutely right..
QUESTIONABLE

Chagrin Falls, OH

#57 Mar 19, 2009
So who is John?
You must be Mike's Father? Perhaps Step-Father? There has NOT been a "JOHN" mentioned on this particular forum?
Are you going under the name "zak-key" and somebody has uncovered your identity?
"zak-key" previously mentioned being a family member who knows, ALOT
I'd bet on it.
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#58 Mar 19, 2009
Yes, I am a family member and I have no idea who John is. Read the Post Journal under corrections, clarification.
teamplayer

Bolivar, NY

#59 Mar 20, 2009
zak-key,

Thanks for sharing your support for Mike. I just wanted to take a moment and add my support to the mix. In the time that I have know Mike I have found him to be of tremondous character and integrity. He has always been respectful and proffesional. It saddens me that he and his family has had to face so much turmoil. My hope for Mike and his family is to heal quickly and have peace within. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
zak-key

Elizabethtown, KY

#60 Mar 20, 2009
teamplayer, Thank you so much, obviously you do know Mike. I can't talk for Mike, but I know I will never heal and have peace until the corrupt individuals that did this are exposed and prosecuted. They should lose everything, including their good paying jobs of course, and be sent to prison where they belong. There's 2 individuals at the top of the list. Many people say there's nothing you can do so just forget it and go on with your life. Exactly the attitude that lets these corrupt scumbags continue getting away with their way of doing things. Do whatever it takes to get the result that you want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recreational Legalization Causes Pot Prices to ... 1 hr JANE 1
News Strunk Waives Charges for Allegedly Selling Mar... (Jul '15) 3 hr hereiam 7
News Warrant sweep leads to drug arrest in Poplar Bluff 8 hr cali 26
News Hash,' honey oil' lab raided on S. State St. (Apr '10) Thu Here Is One 73
News Quigley Gets State Prison for Selling Heroin Feb 10 ExtendedForheadedOne 8
News Drug bust defendants face amended charges (Jul '14) Feb 10 love life dont hate 7
News Marriage Licenses Steven Gibson (Oct '12) Feb 10 Big moe 7
More from around the web