Recreational marijuana? Ohio Dem proposes amendment

May 2, 2013 Full story: News Journal 47

COLUMBUS -- Ohio voters could decide whether to legalize marijuana and tax it like alcohol under the latest attempt in the state to ease access to the drug.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

#1 May 3, 2013
Another bad liberal idea, just like massive public housing projects and busing. The more liberal social engineering projects the worse culture becomes.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 May 3, 2013
It is high time to repeal marijuana prohibition.

You want to reduce government? Fewer cops, smaller court dockets, fewer prisons. Plus more citizens working productively rather than languishing in prison, more discretionary income in the hands of all pot smokers and no more cash going to Mexican marijuana cartels.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3 May 3, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
It is high time to repeal marijuana prohibition.
You want to reduce government? Fewer cops, smaller court dockets, fewer prisons. Plus more citizens working productively rather than languishing in prison, more discretionary income in the hands of all pot smokers and no more cash going to Mexican marijuana cartels.
It makes way too much sense.
Believe in the Word

New Albany, OH

#4 May 4, 2013
"Be not drunk with wine" and "Win is a mocker and Strong Drink is raging" Proverbs 20:1 includes smoking marijuana. Our nation has turned from the Word of God.
do the math

United States

#5 May 4, 2013
people who smokeinstead of using scripts will save the taxpayer millions per county areu let that slip by county ,,,millions ps the right mjna stock u be making $$$$$$$ 15 mjna stocks ,,1hemp 2cbis,cana ,research it millionares love these stks <<<x>>>
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#6 May 4, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
It is high time to repeal marijuana prohibition.
You want to reduce government? Fewer cops, smaller court dockets, fewer prisons. Plus more citizens working productively rather than languishing in prison, more discretionary income in the hands of all pot smokers and no more cash going to Mexican marijuana cartels.
Then instead of spraying the illegal plants they put on my land I could sell them.
bosco

Columbus, OH

#7 May 4, 2013
It is time it should be legalized. Take the profit out of the illegal sale. Wasn't one the Leaders of the Drug Cartels thanking the US for their laws allowing him to make such a huge profits? Legalize it and Tax it. Step right up "Here goes another Sin Tax". The politicians will love it. Farmers would also reap the benefits. Prohibition just does not work.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#8 May 4, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Another bad liberal idea, just like massive public housing projects and busing. The more liberal social engineering projects the worse culture becomes.
What people fail to realize is that if the company they work for includes marijuana in their drug and alcohol policy, they can be fired. All the pro legalization posters have a toke and think that over.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#9 May 4, 2013
I agree with medical marijuana. Along with industrial hemp.

It should be treated like tobacco for regular use, meaning under high regulation and taxation.

Mere possession of harder drugs should simply be a fine, with addicts forced into rehab instead of prison.

Dealers should get the Singapore treatment.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#10 May 4, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
What people fail to realize is that if the company they work for includes marijuana in their drug and alcohol policy, they can be fired. All the pro legalization posters have a toke and think that over.
You have a point. Someone gets hurt at work and tests positive they can be fired and possibly charged criminally if say they are operating a crane or driving a truck.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#11 May 4, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point. Someone gets hurt at work and tests positive they can be fired and possibly charged criminally if say they are operating a crane or driving a truck.
Absolutely. If the company has a zero tolerance policy, you can get the boot, legal substance or not.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#12 May 4, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Another bad liberal idea, just like massive public housing projects and busing. The more liberal social engineering projects the worse culture becomes.
Con dumbs always claim they want small government, and "government out of our lives", until it comes to an actual, real issue. Then they want the government all up in our faces, telling us we can drink alcohol, but can't smoke pot. They want the government to tell us which sex acts we can engage in and that we can't abort.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#13 May 4, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. If the company has a zero tolerance policy, you can get the boot, legal substance or not.
Kosmik, yep

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#14 May 4, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
What people fail to realize is that if the company they work for includes marijuana in their drug and alcohol policy, they can be fired. All the pro legalization posters have a toke and think that over.
Legalizing pot isn't the same thing as requiring everybody to smoke it an go into work stoned.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#15 May 4, 2013
Believe in the Word wrote:
"Be not drunk with wine" and "Win is a mocker and Strong Drink is raging" Proverbs 20:1 includes smoking marijuana. Our nation has turned from the Word of God.
Why did god create pot, then? Seems like stupid thing to do. Cannabinoids in pot, cannabinoid receptors in the brain. Why?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#16 May 4, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. If the company has a zero tolerance policy, you can get the boot, legal substance or not.
So, don't come into work stoned, whether pot is legal or not. I think that should be filed under "duh"
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing pot isn't the same thing as requiring everybody to smoke it an go into work stoned.
That's a little too sophisticated for this place.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#18 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing pot isn't the same thing as requiring everybody to smoke it an go into work stoned.
Let me further clarify. Even if someone has a medical marijuana prescription and their employer has a zero tolerance policy, the person can be fired. Many employers do random drug tests. If your number comes up, guess what? Da Boot!

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#19 May 4, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, don't come into work stoned, whether pot is legal or not. I think that should be filed under "duh"
Good try baiting me. I know the policies. Not as an offender, but do have previous involvement in policing the program.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#20 May 4, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
I agree with medical marijuana. Along with industrial hemp.
It should be treated like tobacco for regular use, meaning under high regulation and taxation.
Mere possession of harder drugs should simply be a fine, with addicts forced into rehab instead of prison.
Dealers should get the Singapore treatment.
Dealers are just businessmen selling what people want. Start executing junkies. Besides some of the most dangerous drugs are the so called antidepressants and Statin ( cholesterol ) meds being prescribed like tic tics at a garlic eating contest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charleroi police arrest two on heroin charges 4 hr The 411 4
Neighborhood menace - Sentinel & Enterprise (May '09) 4 hr watchdog 6
Three face charges after car strikes building (Nov '13) 8 hr DeDominicis 10
Ukiah police and fire log: Friday, July 19, 2014 10 hr Here Is One 11
Dihydrocodeine 30mg (May '13) 10 hr petey 3
VIDEO: Viral RPD Arrest Video 11 hr Commentor 5
Krotz Springs woman charged with drug offensesK... 12 hr Actually two? 1
•••

Drugs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••