Methadone ranks No. 1 in N.C. drug ov...

Methadone ranks No. 1 in N.C. drug overdose deaths

There are 2402 comments on the News Observer story from Mar 12, 2006, titled Methadone ranks No. 1 in N.C. drug overdose deaths. In it, News Observer reports that:

Methadone - a drug best known for helping wean addicts off heroin -- is now the leading killer in North Carolina among those who accidentally overdose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

First Prev
of 121
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3122 Aug 1, 2011
Shauna wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have FMS and degenerative disc disease. I am on vicodin and several other drugs. Lyrica helped but insurance wont pay for it so I no longer take it. I am believer in the Lord Jesus as my Savior and I will pray for you. I only recently heard about methadone for FMS but I dont think I would ever take it. I will deal with the pain the best I can. That is a drug that really scares me and I hope that you might re-consider your therapy. People dont realize the pain this disease causes because you "look good" Please be careful with the meds.
Hey Shauna, I have FMS, take Lyrica and live with other illness', also. I was relieved to read your staatements concerning Methadone...thank you for posting you have every right to be scared of this drug.Methadone(10mg) and a negligent Doctor killed our 33 y/o daughter in 2006, it is a dangerous/deadly drug. Pharm Co's and Doctor's have turned this drug into a multi billion dollar business while knowing they have innocent peoples blood on their hands.You are so right... nobody can look at us and see the nightmare or chronic pain we live with daily. May God touch you with His healing hands and bless your life abundantly.
jeffn nc

Washington, NC

#3123 Jan 18, 2013
methadone has saved my life any many others its all about the person herion kills

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 121
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man from Steele Missouri facing drug charges (Sep '10) 31 min hmmm 27
News Drugs Shipped Via UPS Leads to the Arrest of Two (Apr '12) 6 hr Tip 10
News Mayor: Councilwoman arrested on assault, drug c... (Mar '16) 6 hr Nov8 2
News Judge won't reduce bond for Charles Spencer Smith (Feb '07) 10 hr Another_CSmith_Vi... 21
Why y'all should try hitech, Wockhardt, aCtaVis 12 hr BadCough 1
News Traffic stop turns up pot, cocaine and heroin 13 hr silly rabbit 1
News Board approves lean budget for Sault PoliceBudg... 19 hr gonna need lots more 1
More from around the web