Driving monks arrested in Sukhothai

Driving monks arrested in Sukhothai

There are 2 comments on the Bangkok Post story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Driving monks arrested in Sukhothai. In it, Bangkok Post reports that:

Two monks were arrested on Wednesday after they were seen driving a car from their temples to ask for alms in the provincial town - but that was just the start of their problems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangkok Post.

Indrid

Central District, Hong Kong

#1 Feb 6, 2013
There seems not to be a day go by without some sort of news article concerning the behaviour of Thai monks , if its not being caught having a sex party in their room, or stealing from a 7 - 11 store, its selling drugs . Becoming a Buddhist monk in Thailand seems an excellent way to carry on your criminal activity's and learn new one's , while wearing the sacred saffron robes to fool every one.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Indrid wrote:
Becoming a Buddhist monk in Thailand seems an excellent way to carry on your criminal activity's and learn new one's , while wearing the sacred saffron robes to fool every one.
Yes, they are beginning to act like American Catholic priests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton and Christie push drug-addiction fight 2 hr Two Hippo Critters 1
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) 2 hr Martin garey 11
News Carlsbad woman gets 3 years for trafficking drugs 3 hr Carlsbad Resident 12
News Meth lab found in Canton Tue Mirror mirror 4
News Kitsap County Jail inmate with drug history dies (Dec '13) Mon Gary 9
News K9 Unit & DeFuniak Springs PD Team Up In Meth Bust Mon Alabama red 1
News 8 arrested on drug charges in Gibson Co. (Jan '10) Mon Just Me 40
More from around the web