Police chief says turning his son in was difficult

Apr 14, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Elizabethton Star

Chief Matt Bailey of the Elizabethton Police Department says the arrest of his son last month was the most difficult challenge he has ever faced.

Comments
81 - 87 of 87 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tjones

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

frustratedveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You have zero idea how the justice system works. Leaving a suspected "drug house" is not probable cause for a search nor stop. Get your facts down before posting such rubbish.
i guess you dont live in carter county by gosh,, we do what we want around here!!! we dont need no stinking warrant to search your car !!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

tjones wrote:
<quoted text>i guess you dont live in carter county by gosh,, we do what we want around here!!! we dont need no stinking warrant to search your car !!
Carter County resident since birth.
tjones

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Do You Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Could this be why he stepped down to lower position?
he didnt want to be that high on the ranks no more since his son got caught picking up some weed !!
tjones

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

frustratedveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Carter County resident since birth.
me too but ive been to 30 different states,, but there no place like home ,, but ive been pulled over and they told me we smell something in a road block and searched my car without a warrant and i gave no consent, there right your wrong in carter county !! the second time they ran a dog around my car and said it hit on your car,, so they searched it,, didnt find nothing just like the first time !! sometimes they use there authority a little to much,, and listen to dogs and here say from other people and it violates peoples rights,, but nobody seems to care !! but when its cops son its different !! he has some rights and we can go easy on him !! anyone else they would've jerked you out of the car and searched your vehicle because they smell something,, happens everyday !!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

tjones wrote:
<quoted text>me too but ive been to 30 different states,, but there no place like home ,, but ive been pulled over and they told me we smell something in a road block and searched my car without a warrant and i gave no consent, there right your wrong in carter county !! the second time they ran a dog around my car and said it hit on your car,, so they searched it,, didnt find nothing just like the first time !! sometimes they use there authority a little to much,, and listen to dogs and here say from other people and it violates peoples rights,, but nobody seems to care !! but when its cops son its different !! he has some rights and we can go easy on him !! anyone else they would've jerked you out of the car and searched your vehicle because they smell something,, happens everyday !!
Sounds like a constitutional tort to me.
justwonderin

Hilton Head Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Can you say "I smell something that stinks in this situation"? The story does not add up. Some details must be missing or swept under the rug. When I came across this story I thought "Really!?" And now the chief is 'stepping down'????
LCH

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The X-Chief, Mr. Bailey, is caught up in so much crap that he knew it was eventually going to come out. And it will........ ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Drugs Forum right now

Search the Drugs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 42 min AHM TOWN 403
Forty-one people indicted on drugs, firearms, c... 2 hr sue 7
2 die from overdoses in Madison County 2 hr The Wizard of Granite 35
oxycodone and all forums are down. lets flood t... (Jan '14) 3 hr paul 4
Drug Bust In Genesee County (Jul '10) 10 hr Tim 5
Paul: 'Fight for justice' on unfair sentences 12 hr wet iball 1
Illegal drug use in the area reflected in prope... 15 hr Wagon wheeler 10
•••
•••