Police Say Meth Case Shows Database i...

Police Say Meth Case Shows Database is Working

There are 6 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Police Say Meth Case Shows Database is Working. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Drug investigators say the recent discovery of a suspected methamphetamine lab at a Port Republic home shows that a statewide database that tracks pseudoephedrine purchases is working.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

wth

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jun 22, 2013
if the database is working, why did it take 66 attempted purchases to catch her?
Crack Scooter

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 22, 2013
wth wrote:
if the database is working, why did it take 66 attempted purchases to catch her?
Jail before the 65th offense may constitute a civil rights violation; that's how it seems to work for the downtown mall rats in Charlottesville.
grain

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Thanks to tweakers, I have to deal with my cold in other ways!
common sense

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jun 22, 2013
wth wrote:
It doesn't say it took 66 attempts before she was caught. It says she made 66 attempts and was stopped 21 times. It's possible that once she had reached the allotted amount for the month that the pharmacy was required to report it to authorities which launched an investigation.(Customers are limited to 9 grams a month or 3.6 grams a day.)Just because she attempted to make the purchases didn't mean she had yet committed a crime.
Betty

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#5 Jun 22, 2013
I have heard of people using Drano to make the stuff too, maybe they need to track that to?? Why oh why would someone want to do that, i don't know, it's crazy.
RandomThoughts

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 23, 2013
More reason to start defunding the PD's.

I remember this as a huge militant swatt takedown... all the bells and whistles probably storming a house with children in it .

66 TIMES there was an opertunity for LE to put handcuffs on these people standing in the burger king or pharmacy line.

More waste

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff Gives SHOCKING Report On Illegal Alien ... 4 min tomin cali 1
News Sheriff looking for drug offenders (Apr '09) 4 hr eyes 279
News 'My Bar' To Move (Mar '08) 6 hr Ryan R 45
News Five Newburgh men charged with running 'heroin ... 9 hr RaeShawn LaMont T... 2
News Schenectady cop gets 4 years (Sep '07) 9 hr MichaelHamiltonSt... 8
News Three Lowville residents jailed for possessing ... 13 hr Amused 3
News Rapides narcotics agents say meth ring had ties... (Apr '10) 23 hr Davis 39
More from around the web