Mahaffey denies charges

Mahaffey denies charges

There are 33 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Mahaffey denies charges. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Kelly Coleen Mahaffey, a former PTA president from La Mirada accused of identify theft, Friday denied cashing other people's checks, using their credit cards and activating a credit card issued to her dead ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
victim

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2008
yea right if this isn't a bunch of lies. Who does she think she is going to fool????
LM resident

Walnut, CA

#2 Jun 8, 2008
Wow, this is her defense?? This is the "truth" we've all been waiting for?? This is "her side of the story"?? WOW!
She's toast.
HELLLOOO

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2008
Doesn't she know that when you get mail sent to your house, that you can write "RETURN TO SENDER" on the front of the envelope and drop it in the mail or leave it in you mail box and the postman will return it tooooooo...THE SENDER?! Or maybe she could have called the post office and ask why she was receiving maill from 57 different people. Googling the names of the people, writing down their addresses, social security number, d.o.b. account numbers, etc. is ridiculous!
Miss Information

Buena Park, CA

#4 Jun 8, 2008
What a joke! Exactly what most of us expected - a bunch of B.S.
Mike in the AZ

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jun 9, 2008
wwwwwooooowwwww.......pathetic , please say the defense has more than kelly's testimony. if that is it what a waste of taxpayer dollars, should made a deal.....
observer

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2008
No need, character witnesses and her smile with get her off...

It worked for Lizzy Bordon
Mike in the AZ

Mesa, AZ

#7 Jun 9, 2008
If that is all the defense atty has then i would sue him for grand theft!! karma...wow
Mike in the AZ

Mesa, AZ

#8 Jun 9, 2008
heard she was found guilty on 16+/- charges including the felonies. and that she is being held in jail until july 2nd pending sentancing. anyone confirm this? no more postings by "supporters", hmm? interesting....
STORMIN NORMAN

Ventura, CA

#9 Jun 9, 2008
SHE SPENT THE MONEY ON ME !!!!
question

Whittier, CA

#10 Jun 9, 2008
What do you think her sentencing would be like?
Reality is SAD

Bellflower, CA

#11 Jun 10, 2008
Mike in the AZ wrote:
heard she was found guilty on 16+/- charges including the felonies. and that she is being held in jail until july 2nd pending sentancing. anyone confirm this? no more postings by "supporters", hmm? interesting....
Mike, how do you know this from AZ? I haven't seen anything printed regarding her sentencing...
LMLL Dad

Venice, CA

#12 Jun 10, 2008
Sentencing will be 7/2, bail was increased to make sure she stays in town till sentencing. This is a travesty for the victims, family and friends of the Mahaffey's and the good people of La Mirada.

My heart goes out to all those impacted by this painful circumstance.
LM resident

Walnut, CA

#13 Jun 10, 2008
it's not a circumstance, it's a choice.
Mike in the AZ

Edison, NJ

#14 Jun 10, 2008
Reality is SAD wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, how do you know this from AZ? I haven't seen anything printed regarding her sentencing...
Come on, this is the 21st cent. I grew up in la mirada, whittier and norwalk, and still have tons of family and friends there. Plus other little leagues have heard of this whole mess across the country including here in the AZ. Sorta embarassing...
LM Parent

Whittier, CA

#15 Jun 10, 2008
ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!! Oh brother! That is a rediculous statement. First of all she is not the only person in California that has committed a crime and been found guilty. Second of all this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Little League so please let EVERYONE outside of California know that they can all sleep well tonight and carry on with TOC and ALLSTARS. To be honest with you ...why in heavens name are you embarassed about this "MESS" in La Mirada? I LIVE in La Mirada and don't give this "mess" a second thought (although it did not effect me personally) so please Mike be proud of your past and the cities you grew up in. La Mirada is a beautiful city, with a few bad apples, as it is in alot of cities in our beautiful country.
Mike in the AZ

Mesa, AZ

#16 Jun 11, 2008
I think your mistaken, she was arrested at the fields, no? People in our new town asked me about it: PTA and LL people. My brother in wisconsin has been asked about it too. It is emabarrassing having someone like that involved in so many children's organizations, I will never be embarrased of my home towns. I think many poeple a re looking closer at their organizations to avoid any repeat of the La Mirada-Gate. By the way we won our tournament, woohoo!!!
City Insider

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jun 11, 2008
I publish the City Insider (small newspaper for La Mirada)and have been waiting for the conclusion of this case. A few months back I had a brief conversation with Kelly and she told me "the truth will come out". I should have asked if you are founf guilty is that the truth?

Look for the story in our next issue.
www.yourcityinsider.com
City Insider

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jun 11, 2008
I publish the City Insider (small newspaper for La Mirada) and have been waiting for the conclusion of this case. A few months back I had a brief conversation with Kelly and she told me "the truth will come out". I should have asked if you are found guilty is that the truth?

www.yourcityinsider.com
The Truth Will Come Out

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2008
Yeah, how many times have we heard that? Where are all the supporters now? If you have any thread of pride, stand by your previous rants and respond now.

The defendant (since convicted) said the Truth Will Come Out as well when pleading with the Principal at LCMS to go on the recent DC Trip. The response was that due to the unfortunate circumstance at hand, the NLMUSD "Risk Management" and (some) LCMS staff asked that she not attend. Whoa, now there is a novel concept from a well named group. In this day and age of overwhelming child protection, to have someone on trial for these offences stay away from a large group of kids until all charges are settled. Sounds completely obvious to me.

I'm sickened by what the victims have gone through. Having a list of (what?) 50 names with SSN's, DOB's and other personal information? That and the description of why... Come on! Wake up. A 6 year old's check deposited. Truly disgusting and the backers of said individual should be ashamed as well. What if it were you, your parents or your daughter being violated?

Our Judicial system did its job and we as Americans have to accept the process whether we agree with the outcome or not. Period. Obviously there is some extreme, slim possibility that she was wrongly convicted but, from the evidence submitted to the public, the reaction from the accused Council........Holy Crap again, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE JAIL CREAM CORN.
Question

United States

#20 Jun 11, 2008
City Insider wrote:
I publish the City Insider (small newspaper for La Mirada) and have been waiting for the conclusion of this case. A few months back I had a brief conversation with Kelly and she told me "the truth will come out". I should have asked if you are found guilty is that the truth?
www.yourcityinsider.com
When does it come out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City Man Linked To Quincy Turner Murder Sentenc... 4 min Looking at you 68
News Hash,' honey oil' lab raided on S. State St. (Apr '10) 1 hr the fear tator 80
News Use of synthetic drug on the rise in North Country 6 hr Number 1 runner 2
News Marijuana-legalization campaign sues over Arizo... 8 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Northern Rhode Island DUI Task Force to mobiliz... 14 hr happy 1
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 16 hr fmer505-1951 15
News Area doctor charged with sexually abusing patients (Oct '10) 16 hr 42 US AC 1986 75
More from around the web