DRUG CHARGES: Ex-student allegedly ma...

DRUG CHARGES: Ex-student allegedly made painkiller in UMass Lowell lab

There are 123 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 1, 2010, titled DRUG CHARGES: Ex-student allegedly made painkiller in UMass Lowell lab. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A former UMass Lowell graduate student and teaching assistant was arrested yesterday, accused of making a powerful painkiller in the university lab he was given to do research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
noneofyobuisines s

Hanover, NH

#143 Mar 3, 2013
loser wrote:
what a total loser
hope he rots in jail
the one that said this^ i hope you rot in HELL.
noneofyobuisines s

Hanover, NH

#144 Mar 3, 2013
"what a total loser
hope he rots in jail"

to the person that said that, i hope you rot in HELL, stfu
Roger

Manchester, NH

#145 Apr 2, 2013
Yes I know that board etiquette and all that dictates not to bring up dinosaur threads, but as is apparent from these stories I often do what I want, kinda.

First of all I wasn't selling drugs on the campus or anywhere else, god knows there are already enough predatory drug dealers all over the great city of Lowell. And the woefully and conveniently paraphrased letter from my "customer" (friend who was better off with my stuff free than buying shit dope on the streets, cause that's how I roll) referred to some some f'ed up kidney infection he had and really wanted "extra". No money no impure fentanyl.

I do, in fact, "dearDEA" have plenty of NMRs and other spec and feds already know. Hey smokeshow it says for once accurately in the article I admitted it, they really wouldn't need spectra that don't demonstrate quantity produced, a key aspect of federal sentencing. And on that same note while GC and HPLC is usually used in literature to ascertain purity my fentanyl as judged by integration of relative product peaks versus all noise was greater than 99% pure. What?!

Since I don't have much time as I am not totally free yet (I got a 3 to 6, on work release but I have a job with some free time as "privilege") I won't bother addressing every vitriolic comment (and some moderately sympathetic ones) I will say who are any of you to judge me? You know not my life experience and how I see the world but I could some up this little escapade with my view at the time, which is that I could not fuction in a world in which I am so far to the fringes of what most "decent folk" consider normal and am somewhat of a neurotic existential spaceshot that I usually (though not always, as 9-30-10 exemplifies) function, or at least I FEEL like I do, better, and that is often what seems to matter.

Because of this, I felt after weighing all the options that the "least harm" overall was to make my own meds which I am quite proficient at. I just sometimes get a little carried away. And despite all the crap spewed by reactionaries production of even a potent opioid like fentanyl in a research lab (not undergrad teaching lab) under appropriate conditions isn't "dangerous" unless you have people randomly sticking fingers in/drinking from other people's reactions, which of course you don't.

So out of time, but check this, my new plan: law school...yay me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McCartney says he's given up pot now that he's ... 2 hr Greg 2
News Five arrested on drug charges in Douglas 4 hr FISHING cat 10
News Mexican gangs now infiltrating Kentucky; Shelby... (Nov '08) 6 hr Mexilover 725
News East Prairie couple facing multiple drug charges 7 hr Michelle corbin 19
News 8 Auburn prison inmates taken to hospital in 8 ... 9 hr matrix411 1
News Vermillion County police make drug arrests afte... (Jul '06) 19 hr Common Man 2
News Marion police fight rise in heroin use despite ... Sun jobo 1
More from around the web