Prospect of free market for pain pills raises alarms on Staten Islandor

There are 7 comments on the SILive.com story from Apr 16, 2013, titled Prospect of free market for pain pills raises alarms on Staten Islandor. In it, SILive.com reports that:

With the initial patent on OxyContin set to expire Tuesday, and the possibility that the Food and Drug Administration is poised to green-light generic versions of the drug, lawmakers and substance abuse counselors here said such a move would pose new dangers for abusers of prescription painkillers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SILive.com.

kathi

Edgewater, FL

#1 Apr 16, 2013
hi
kathi

Edgewater, FL

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Im on the oxcotin 60 mil for some time now.My disc and spinal stenosis,knee, and neck.I was on them when they were the regular ones.The ones that were not jelly coated.I like these better seem to last longer.Now they are going to change them again to generic which I know will not have the same strenth.Why are they doing these and why is it a danger to people on the ones they have right now.
Scubba Steve

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2013
You can ask your doctor to prescribe your Oxycontin so the pharmacy has to fill the non generic kind.

The only danger is that people will abuse the generics. And doctors might not want to prescribe Oxycontin at higher doses because of it, if at all anymore with the dea troubles.

“how far down are we in”

Since: Apr 11

the rabbit's hole?

#4 Apr 17, 2013
So far, no specific generic has been FDA approved anyway.

The FDA is pushing to make sure any generic that does come out still has a time release matrix.

That isn't set in stone yet, but I'm sure that's how it will happen.

IDK why they try so hard, because there is still immediate release oxycodone anyway. People abuse those instead, that's all - and they are cheaper!

Purdue has lobbyists and is filling the pockets of congress and the FDA...

Big Pharma is all about the money - they couldn't care less if their product was abuse proof or not. They'll just do whatever it takes to make sure THEIR product is being prescribed.
braveheartreza

Germany

#5 Apr 27, 2013
I found this medicine to be very effective. Of course, everyone's tolerance to pain medication is different, but for me, when Tylenol #3, Vicodin, Naproxen Sodium, and Ibuprofen didn't seem to help even in the slightest bit, but tramadol from RXAIRSTOREPILLS.INFO was a great relief for me. I am grateful to find something that helped my chronic pain problem.
Plotts

Stony Brook, NY

#6 Apr 29, 2013
mybackfcknhurts wrote:
So far, no specific generic has been FDA approved anyway.
The FDA is pushing to make sure any generic that does come out still has a time release matrix.
That isn't set in stone yet, but I'm sure that's how it will happen.
IDK why they try so hard, because there is still immediate release oxycodone anyway. People abuse those instead, that's all - and they are cheaper!
Purdue has lobbyists and is filling the pockets of congress and the FDA...
Big Pharma is all about the money - they couldn't care less if their product was abuse proof or not. They'll just do whatever it takes to make sure THEIR product is being prescribed.
take a look at how purdue pharmaceuticals began oxycotin drug trials on children at age 5....all to garner another year of a monopoly on oxy and to prevent generic production
Then again take a look a purdue pharmaceuticals business partner, reckitt industries,makers of suboxone...developed when purdue lied about the addictivness rates durring drug trials........addiction by design...
Plotts

Stony Brook, NY

#7 Apr 29, 2013
Zohydro the new oxycotin without Tylenol.....comming to a pharmacy near you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Six accuse Select Specialty Hospital of race bias (Jul '07) 1 hr ninz 263
News 3rd Circuit OKs Erie crack dealer's life sentence (Nov '09) 6 hr Bosnian814 80
News Probe of Pittsfield-area drug distribution nets... 8 hr cops are psychopaths 10
News East Prairie couple facing multiple drug charges 8 hr guest 21
News Lisa Pederson arrested 4th times on drug charges (Jan '14) 17 hr Timmy 2
News Three men sentenced in drug-related robbery -- ... (Aug '07) 19 hr rmw 16
News Cops target 900 city gangsters: 48 active gangs... Mon Fatsexybeast 3
More from around the web