Police discover El Monte marijuana grow house

Detective Ralph Batres of the El Monte Police Department tours inside a marijuana grow room after the police discovered more than 700 marijuana plants at the home in the10900 block of Bayse Street in El Monte on Monday, April 4, 2010. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Frickin San Marino low-lifes.
oh moy

Baldwin Park, CA

#2 Apr 13, 2010
gotta ask any relation to eugene moy?
SevenGoodPoints

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2010
Looks like some good pot. It's bud good!!!
spoon

Arcadia, CA

#7 Apr 13, 2010
The plants? Who cares. It's the electrical theft that offends me.
Warren

Santa Ana, CA

#11 Apr 13, 2010
With the recent ruling by the California Supreme court that over turned the state-imposed limits regarding the amount of marijuana patients may legally possess and grow has opened the door for me to turn one of my rentals into an indoor growning farm. I could earn more money by growning then renting and I don't have to put up with tenants.
Truth

Hacienda Heights, CA

#14 Apr 13, 2010
Tired of all these Pot busts,they get old after a while. It's as if the police department wants a cookie for catching these guys. Front page are you serious! Isn't there anything more important going on these days. The war against Pot is a old and tired argument. Legalize already and divert those funds to where we need them the most.

“Gangbangers smoke pole.”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#15 Apr 13, 2010
I agree with you. Legalize it. We'll vote on that in November.

Have no grand illusions: once the government taxes it, that money will just be p.i.s.s.ed away too-Like all of our other taxpayer dollars.
Truth wrote:
Tired of all these Pot busts,they get old after a while. It's as if the police department wants a cookie for catching these guys. Front page are you serious! Isn't there anything more important going on these days. The war against Pot is a old and tired argument. Legalize already and divert those funds to where we need them the most.
Dave Martinez

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Apr 13, 2010
This is really bad. This is only going to increase prices!!!

Shouldn't we be trying to lower prices so there is less of a criminal syndicate?
We need to increase supply not lower it!!
ROL333

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Apr 13, 2010
Why don't the cops go chase all the "Meth" smokers??? "Meth" is destroying families all over the place!!!
Richard

Pasadena, CA

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Hopefully that mean less police chopper fly at night after caught this bastard. Past few week, every other night it seem to had chopper fly like midnight to 2am.
setup

La Crescenta, CA

#21 Apr 13, 2010
reminds me of a project I made. An electronic watering system that watered plants- based on 2 things- were the plants 'thirsty' and whether it was day or night.
Worked like a charm.... valves came on when the plants needed it- and only if it was low light levels.
I said this was to water my potted plants at home.
everyone chuckled.....

on a side note--- all they had to do was get an air unit with FLIR to flyover at night- and see the heat pouring out of the vents from that house with those sun lamps....
setup

La Crescenta, CA

#22 Apr 13, 2010
Richard---- that backs up the FLIR use to detect heat.
Warren

Santa Ana, CA

#23 Apr 13, 2010
The fight against marijuana has led to "violent drug cartels" and "dealers in our schools and our streets" without reducing consumption. The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act, which would allow cities and counties to authorize pot sales and tax them, would raise billions and allow police to focus on violent crime.
zzo

Corona, CA

#24 Apr 13, 2010
700+ plants and stolen electricity deserves arrest and prison. It's pure criminal greed, nothing more. They could have easily followed the law and earned 3k/month supplying the dispensaries. Maybe you can't buy a pimped out Nissan fast enough on 3k/month, but you won't have to steal electricity from your neighbors or trash the house.
Ricky Ricardo

United States

#25 Apr 13, 2010
Now, where is La Puente going to get their mj from. LP just open 11 mj clinic in the past few month.
Dan in Morovia

Diamond Bar, CA

#27 Apr 13, 2010
This is a real "GOING GREEN" story...or is it "GROWING GREEN" ...either way it is all about making "MONEY"...
HuMMer

San Diego, CA

#29 Apr 13, 2010
WHOAAA BATRES HAS GREY HAIR......NICE JOBB THO!
Streets

La Habra, CA

#30 Apr 13, 2010
zzo wrote:
700+ plants and stolen electricity deserves arrest and prison. It's pure criminal greed, nothing more. They could have easily followed the law and earned 3k/month supplying the dispensaries. Maybe you can't buy a pimped out Nissan fast enough on 3k/month, but you won't have to steal electricity from your neighbors or trash the house.
Correction: It's a pimped out "Honda" that is desired....
pico

Whittier, CA

#33 Apr 13, 2010
its el monte come on..eeeewww

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34 Apr 13, 2010
I feel bad for the home owner who has a lot of repairing to do to that house. Operating a grow house immediately consumes the house with MOLD MOLD MOLD!! I'm also upset that he stole all that electricity. Serve this guy a big fat bowl of justice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drugs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ware County deputies find more than 50 pounds o... 7 hr Django Freeman 1
Teacher, Husband Charged With Allowing Teens To... 8 hr regurgitating 2
Massena man sentenced to prison for cocaine sale 9 hr yuck 27
WVSP make Drug and DUI arrest; Other criminal c... 19 hr bump 4
Rome woman accused of heroin possession 20 hr blond ambition 15
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... (May '14) 21 hr Wonder Why 46
Detroit woman caught smuggling marijuana to her... (Dec '11) 23 hr lefty72 7
More from around the web