Oriental Toyoda Rust Bucket-True Story

Oriental Toyoda Rust Bucket-True Story

There are 5 comments on the blog.wired.com story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Oriental Toyoda Rust Bucket-True Story . In it, blog.wired.com reports that:

Toyoda lawyers demand that a site take down rusty photos of its ugly vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.wired.com.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#1 Nov 19, 2008
So the question is, should oriental toyoda lawyers force this guy to take the pictures down? I hardly think so.
Unbiased Observer

King City, Canada

#2 Nov 19, 2008
70plyRR wrote:
So the question is, should oriental toyoda lawyers force this guy to take the pictures down? I hardly think so.
You may not think so, however, according to the article there are legal decision precedents which indicate the blog owner can be forced to do so.

So if Toyo takes it to court, the decision would favor them.

Should they?

I can't say, other than it's clear other automakers have done so in similar situations.

Interestingly, the picture in the blog is a seriously older model, and I would bet one could find many examples of similar or worse rusting on every automaker's products of that vintage.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2008
No they shouldn't.

man those 80's and nineties toyos were total rot jobs.
Unbiased Observer

King City, Canada

#4 Nov 19, 2008
menards wrote:
No they shouldn't.
man those 80's and nineties toyos were total rot jobs.
Correct.
That condition applied to all makes.
Hence the success at that time of entities like Ziebart.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#5 Nov 19, 2008
Unbiased Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not think so, however, according to the article there are legal decision precedents which indicate the blog owner can be forced to do so.
So if Toyo takes it to court, the decision would favor them.
Should they?
I can't say, other than it's clear other automakers have done so in similar situations.
Interestingly, the picture in the blog is a seriously older model, and I would bet one could find many examples of similar or worse rusting on every automaker's products of that vintage.
See, I donít know if it would favor toy. So if I go outside and take a picture of my Silverado, and make a wall paper out of it for my computer that would be illegal. I donít really know how a judge could knock that if itís not being sold.

Iíll tell you one that really irritates me. The Chicago Times picked up one of my goofy thread titles and low and behold it became a title on one of their stories. On one hand I was humbled; on the other was anger because I feel that was my creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DMCA News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap Kitchens Online (Oct '16) Oct '16 mufasolib 1
News Supreme Court Asked to Review Dancing Baby Copy... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Moliner 1
News Taylor Swift takes on YouTube (Jun '16) Jun '16 Kanye WHO 2
News Fappening 4 Includes Nude Selfie Leaks Of Male ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ChrissJ 1
News (Aug '14) Aug '14 FedBook down last... 1
News ACTA puts digital rights on table (Nov '09) Feb '14 Tom 2
News Ex-Navy chaplain: I'll shoot 'Right Wing Watch'... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tory II 10
More from around the web