Woman sues theater over arrest for 20...

Woman sues theater over arrest for 200 seconds of 'New Moon' taping

There are 8 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jul 3, 2010, titled Woman sues theater over arrest for 200 seconds of 'New Moon' taping. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

Recording 200 seconds of video during a movie showing should hardly, one might think, be considered a case of DMCA infringement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 3, 2010
The owner should be able to collect the 500 dollar award, since it's legal to do, no matter what his reason is for doing it.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 3, 2010
HAIRY wrote:
The owner should be able to collect the 500 dollar award, since it's legal to do, no matter what his reason is for doing it.
Apparently not, due to actions by the MPAA.
An incident report, as opposed to actual charges, would seem to negate the basis for a reward claim.

Since: Aug 09

Kempton, PA

#3 Jul 3, 2010
The woman who was caught videotaping the actors removing their shirts should have to take hers off for the theater manager's cell phone camera.

Then it'll all be even steven.
jus sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 4, 2010
gee, i only broke the law for 200 seconds.
dumbass, illegal is illegal. how about: "gee officer, i only slapped the woman videotaping for 200 seconds."
what if the next ten people video 10% of the movie? will they just write a report if they catch them? sounds like the bootleggers have a loophole.
Rider

Riverton, KS

#5 Jul 4, 2010
"...filmed in hopes of filming her"favorite actor taking his shirt off."

Then she puts the phone on vibrate, slips it in her panties and waits for the call!

Looser skank.

“behind curtain #1”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 4, 2010
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not, due to actions by the MPAA.
An incident report, as opposed to actual charges, would seem to negate the basis for a reward claim.
Technically, I agree with you, but in my opinion, when you break the law, no matter how minor,the law was broken, and therefore the 500 dollar reward.It's like saying a bounty hunter spent 5 years trying to track down a criminal, as opposed to 5 minutes_he still gets the same reward.

Vee

“Man Of Every Hour”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jul 4, 2010
She might of had a stronger case if she admitted to commiting piracy, but also displayed her eye patch, a wooden leg, and a parrot on her shoulder.
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#8 Jul 5, 2010
If anything she's guilty of 'criminal stupidity'.
Who the f*ck would record 1 second of a twilight movie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DMCA News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fappening 4 Includes Nude Selfie Leaks Of Male ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ChrissJ 1
News (Aug '14) Aug '14 FedBook down last... 1
News ACTA puts digital rights on table (Nov '09) Feb '14 Tom 2
News Ex-Navy chaplain: I'll shoot 'Right Wing Watch'... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tory II 10
News Why Did Smosh Get Suspended From YouTube - The ... (Sep '08) Sep '13 davon shaun 5
News WordPress pulls interview with anti-gay group S... (Aug '13) Aug '13 snyper 1
about dmca and safe harbors! (Dec '12) Dec '12 logan frye 1
More from around the web