MPAA: teachers should videotape monit...

MPAA: teachers should videotape monitors, not rip DVDs

There are 1 comment on the Ars Technica story from May 10, 2009, titled MPAA: teachers should videotape monitors, not rip DVDs. In it, Ars Technica reports that:

The Motion Picture Association of America has put itself back into the limelight as the DMCA exemptions hearings wraps up, thanks to a video circulating online suggesting teachers should use camcorders to record video instead of ripping DVD clips for classroom use.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ars Technica.

JJ6fff

Pikeville, KY

#1 May 19, 2009
Before I rant, just want to throw a quick [email protected]# YOU to Hollywood.
Does anyone actually stop to wander why people take full advantage of getting FREE stuff on the internet? When it comes to what is right and wrong, where music, software, and movies are concerned, there's a thick gray area.
The music mafia has been taking us all for a ride for many years. The same can be said about Hollywood, especially nowadays since 99% of all modern movies are garbage. One can even speak politically in that our country has been manipulating us to the max for so long. We've been robbed and taken advantage of.
The companies and organizations I referred to combined with political entities are all working together in this capitalistic culture. It is the existence of piracy that is a bleesing in disguise ready to bring down some of the rich and create a better balance in society. The poor and middle matter most of all. And a remindance of that is in order. It's coming. When it finally happens, piracy will be no more. It wont be necessary. So get what you can WHILE you can get it. I am all for buying things again. But not until those things are of the quality I expect at the price I expect.
Do you realize all the CRAP that's for sale out there? You have to spend quite a bit of money just to review a product that cannot be returned. Its unacceptable these days. That is another reason why piracy has revolutionized our way of thinking. We need to be able to try things on a trial basis. Otherwise we continue to be the same inefficient, wasteful culture that the rich have created.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DMCA News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap Kitchens Online (Oct '16) Oct '16 mufasolib 1
News Supreme Court Asked to Review Dancing Baby Copy... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Moliner 1
News Taylor Swift takes on YouTube (Jun '16) Jun '16 Kanye WHO 2
News Fappening 4 Includes Nude Selfie Leaks Of Male ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ChrissJ 1
News (Aug '14) Aug '14 FedBook down last... 1
News ACTA puts digital rights on table (Nov '09) Feb '14 Tom 2
News Ex-Navy chaplain: I'll shoot 'Right Wing Watch'... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tory II 10
More from around the web