At RealDVD hearing, MPAA says copying DVDs never legal

May 21, 2009 Full story: CNET News.com

Attorneys for the Motion Picture Association of America attacked fair use during a hearing in the RealDVD case here on Thursday, claiming it is not a defense for violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

Full Story
Trollicus

Winter Park, FL

#1 May 21, 2009
It doesn't matter what the people think! The DMCA was passed by the people who control the debate.

Just go on CNN, ABC news MSNBC and TRY to post a negative comment about the DMCA.

Your comment won't be showed, it will never make it past the censors. I just posted 24 different comments on CNN relating to the DMCA and not one comment was posted. I used several proxies (to give a different IP address) several names and made many different comments on the DMCA. Not one made it through.

Go ahead try it.

When the Media itself has an interest in the debate one side is excluded. This sets a very dangerous precedence, now out government negotiates a new IP treaty dealing with the most fundamental of human rights the freedom of speech. They do it behind closed doors(literally) and hold the documents secret as if the public doesn't have the right to know what the government is doing.

Very little information about the new IP treaty makes it to the public, just like the DMCA.

Watch your congress, right them about the DMCA and the IP treaty. Let them know your are watching them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DMCA News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fappening 4 Includes Nude Selfie Leaks Of Male ... Oct '14 ChrissJ 1
(Aug '14) Aug '14 FedBook down last... 1
ACTA puts digital rights on table (Nov '09) Feb '14 Tom 2
Ex-Navy chaplain: I'll shoot 'Right Wing Watch'... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tory II 10
Why Did Smosh Get Suspended From YouTube - The ... (Sep '08) Sep '13 davon shaun 5
WordPress pulls interview with anti-gay group S... (Aug '13) Aug '13 snyper 1
about dmca and safe harbors! (Dec '12) Dec '12 logan frye 1
More from around the web