Puerto Rico federal jury spares man from death penalty

Mar 23, 2013 Full story: Canada.com

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A Puerto Rico man previously convicted of masterminding one of the island's biggest mass shootings was spared the death penalty on Saturday.

Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Cidra, Puerto Rico

#1 Mar 25, 2013
I'm a man, I know several other men. Men do not do what this savage did. He should be exterminated as the cock roach he is. Furthermore the officials who set this cretin free as well as the former jurors involved should be charged as accessories to murder. In the future when he is released for "good behavior" and he repeats his history, the current jury should again be brought up on charges.
Jorge

Catano, Puerto Rico

#2 Mar 25, 2013
JMWinPR wrote:
I'm a man, I know several other men. Men do not do what this savage did. He should be exterminated as the cock roach he is. Furthermore the officials who set this cretin free as well as the former jurors involved should be charged as accessories to murder. In the future when he is released for "good behavior" and he repeats his history, the current jury should again be brought up on charges.
For the first time in our history, only one juror voted against the death penalty.

If this "only vote" was not asked before hand, what were her beliefs on such matters, how impartial was this jury?

This juror, regardless the horrific evidence, was going to vote against the death penalty.

Since: Oct 12

West Islip, NY

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Jorge wrote:
<quoted text>
For the first time in our history, only one juror voted against the death penalty.
If this "only vote" was not asked before hand, what were her beliefs on such matters, how impartial was this jury?
This juror, regardless the horrific evidence, was going to vote against the death penalty.
I thought the holdout anti juror was in the last death penalty case?
Jorge

Catano, Puerto Rico

#4 Mar 25, 2013
LongIslander1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the holdout anti juror was in the last death penalty case?
Federal juries can impose the death penalty in P.R.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Death Penalty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad inmate granted new trial (10:53 a.m.) (Apr '11) 7 hr Sheri 18
Pot Playing Little Role in Tight Colorado Contests 21 hr Le Duped 5
UN: Iraq Has Executed 60 People This Year 21 hr Gem 1
Drug lord gets life without parole (Feb '07) Oct 16 Straight G 22
Man to undergo testing in Arizona murder case Oct 15 wendy 5
when is bobby joe long's execution date? (Jan '08) Oct 13 anonymous 128
FAA's missed chances to stop 9/11 hijackers det... (Mar '06) Oct 12 Trey 3

Death Penalty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE