Lowrance convicted with capital murder

Lowrance convicted with capital murder

There are 83 comments on the The Coffeyville Journal story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Lowrance convicted with capital murder. In it, The Coffeyville Journal reports that:

Christopher M. Lowrance, 24, of Coffeyville was charged with capital murder Tuesday at the Montgomery County District Court for killing Rachel E. Dennis, Coffeyville, in early March. via The Coffeyville Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Coffeyville Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Vida Lee

Cave Creek, AZ

#1 Oct 22, 2007
I use to work with Rachel.
Linda Terry

United States

#2 Oct 23, 2007
Rachel worked for me a few years ago in Phoenix Az. Rachel was so loved by everyone that she came in contact with, her co-workers, parents and the children. We are like a family and were upset when she moved away from us. We were in total shock when we were informed of her death it is so hard to believe that someone could be so evil and take a precious life. We love you Rachael and pray for Teagan to have a wonderful life and to know the beautiful soul that was his mom.
Ms. Linda
lisa

Bartlesville, OK

#3 Nov 1, 2007
Glad something has finaly been done about this.
noname

Wichita, KS

#4 Nov 1, 2007
I really don't believe that he could do this to anyone. I've known Chris for a couple of years and he's not the type of person to intentally hurt anybody. I feel bad for Racheal's family, but I also feel for everything that Chris' family is going through. He's got a 3 year old son too.
becky

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Nov 20, 2007
That is sad I did not know he had a son! I also feel bad for the Lowrance family and Rachel's family. But from what I have heard he did alot of wrong things in his past and if it walks like a duck it probaly is a duck.
Jason

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Dec 12, 2007
I went out with Rachel. The sweetest, nicest girl I've ever met
Unknown

Coffeyville, KS

#7 Dec 27, 2007
Jason
You should call the coffeyville police and speak to detectives. They are trying to speak to everyone that knew Rachel. It helps them get to know her background. Please
Kelsey

Kansas City, MO

#8 Jan 3, 2008
Rachel was my best friend from coffeyville, and like a sister to me. I am going to call you all tomorrow.
Jennifer - Her Cousin

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2008
Rachel was an amazing person and she is greatly missed. I hope Chris burns in hell for this! The death was brutal and took time & thought. I have no idea how ANYONE could do this to another person.
Please

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2008
The Police Department and local Detectives know how to get hold of anyone they need too, and if they dont know they will find out......
Krystan Coffeyville KS

Kansas City, KS

#11 Jan 12, 2008
It is definately nice to see this case moving along. Rachel's family has been through enough with all of the events that have occurred. It is horrible that something like this had to happen to such a great mother. Please keep her family and son in your prayers over the next couple of months. They are going to need all of the strength they can get to get through this trial. As for Chris, what goes around comes around. I personally pray that he gets what he deserves.
karla

Mount Hope, KS

#12 Jan 13, 2008
I am so glad that this tragic event will finally go to court. I agree with Krystan that we need to pray for strength for the family in these upcoming months. They are going to need the power of the Lord to get through this trial. There is no doubt in my mind that Rachel was a wonderful person and mother and that justice will be served!
coffeyville girl

Wichita, KS

#13 Jan 17, 2008
i know chris and he is capable of doing this he is very evil. i do feel sorry for his family becasue he did have a son but i feel more for rachels family. in that family they lost a daughter and a son lost his mother. i am glad that he is finally gettin what he deserves for this
Think about it

Pass Christian, MS

#14 Feb 18, 2008
I know chris and he should be punished for this with a heavy consequences. It is sad to think that a person could take another life know that she has a child to care for. Know there are two children that have to suffer for on persons ignorance. This is very sad indeed.
Christy-Arizona

Tempe, AZ

#15 Feb 25, 2008
I have known Rachel since high school and I am still in shock that someone could be so heartless and take her life the way that this 'Chris' did. I think it is ridiculous and disrespectful that people would ever think about defending him! And to think he pleads not guilty...he will never get what he deserves but hopefully he will never get the chance to do this to someone else.
James - Brother in Law

Coffeyville, KS

#16 Apr 5, 2008
Ive known Chris for many years. he is a devoted father, loving husband, and in general a kind man. Personally i dont see him being the malicious man you all have been making him out to be. yes i have heard accounts from both side of the fence, but unless you were there you dont KNOW that he did this, because personally im not saying he did or did not do it, im waiting still to see what comes of the trial and standing by him until 12 of his peers say that he did it beyond the shadow of a doubt. Im sure that most of you on here are believers in Jesus Christ and some form of Christianity. Remember what he said, Let the first with out sin cast the first stone. Meaning that if you have not commited some form of crime (as we all have in some way or form) then dont attempt to judge him or anything else you think he may have done. He is still a Father, Brother, Son, and Husband. My sister has lost as much as the Dennis family. Shes lost her husband, her sons father, and almost all friends that she had prior to this Episode. Please remember that. and to the Dennis Family, I'm truely sorry for your loss. i dont wish to try and deminish that. But please dont believe Chris to be as evil as most seem to think. Its true he has made some mistakes in his past, but then we all have. I just dont see my brother in law making the leap from petty theft to murder.
noname

Delaware, OK

#17 Apr 9, 2008
James - Brother in Law wrote:
Ive known Chris for many years. he is a devoted father, loving husband, and in general a kind man. Personally i dont see him being the malicious man you all have been making him out to be. yes i have heard accounts from both side of the fence, but unless you were there you dont KNOW that he did this, because personally im not saying he did or did not do it, im waiting still to see what comes of the trial and standing by him until 12 of his peers say that he did it beyond the shadow of a doubt. Im sure that most of you on here are believers in Jesus Christ and some form of Christianity. Remember what he said, Let the first with out sin cast the first stone. Meaning that if you have not commited some form of crime (as we all have in some way or form) then dont attempt to judge him or anything else you think he may have done. He is still a Father, Brother, Son, and Husband. My sister has lost as much as the Dennis family. Shes lost her husband, her sons father, and almost all friends that she had prior to this Episode. Please remember that. and to the Dennis Family, I'm truely sorry for your loss. i dont wish to try and deminish that. But please dont believe Chris to be as evil as most seem to think. Its true he has made some mistakes in his past, but then we all have. I just dont see my brother in law making the leap from petty theft to murder.
WOW!!! So what do you think about him sleeping with other girls while he is married to your sister??? I know my brother would not be defending someone like Chris if I were in your sister's shoes. You seem real bright! She can say all that she wants that he didn't do that, but when you have someone sitting right in front of you admitting that they slept with your husband it is kind of hard to not believe it. As a matter of fact, who is just okay with there husband going and partying with his friends right before he goes back to jail instead of Chris staying home and spending time with his wife and child??? That sure doens't sound like a devoted husband and father to me! He sounds like someone who deserves everything that is coming to him! And, believe me, he will get what he deserves. You are right on one hand, we were not there that night, but God sees everything, and like i said before he will get what he deserves!!! And, as far as your sister goes, i'm sure she is dealing with a lot right now, but the fact is that when she sits in that court room and looks at rachels family and laughs that gets her ABSOLUTLEY NO RESPECT. IGNORANCE MUST RUN IN THE FAMILY!!!
Mom

United States

#19 Apr 12, 2008
I will never have my daughter back.
Rebecca will never have her sister back.
Tegan will only know his "Mommy" through our memories of her.
kinda odd

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2008
http://165.201.143.205/kasper2 /offender.asp?id=78093

dont really think any more needs to be said....copy and paste this in ur address bar and u will see all you need.
Angels amoung us

United States

#21 Apr 13, 2008
Your sister will NEVER loose as much as the Dennis Family!
Oh and the there is a difference in your sisters and our families loss,,,,,,
We will never see our daughter, mommy, sister, granddaughter, stepdaughter, cousin, aunt, best friend EVER again!!!!!!!!!
You can go on visiting day, if you choose!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Death Penalty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
when is bobby joe long's execution date? (Jan '08) Jan 14 Adriana 229
News New Roads man convicted of elderly couple's murder (Jan '11) Jan 7 Neice 14
News Key Largo man convicted of murder, sentenced to... (Oct '10) Jan 6 Her Friend 31
News KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supr... Dec '16 Mary K Boutwell 1
News Judge Not Fooled By Danny Lee Hill (Feb '06) Nov '16 Kim 54
News Daniel Wade Moore: Daniel Wade Moore Murder Tri... (Apr '10) Nov '16 Lynn 8
News Holsenbeck enters last-minute plea (Jun '07) Oct '16 Forgivenessisthe key 13
More from around the web