California High-Speed Rail Faces Trou...

California High-Speed Rail Faces Trouble In Palo Alto - And More In Washington

There are 79 comments on the Patch.com story from Aug 24, 2011, titled California High-Speed Rail Faces Trouble In Palo Alto - And More In Washington. In it, Patch.com reports that:

ATHERTON, Calif. -- Walk down Ashfield Road in this well-heeled town of 7,000 on the San Francisco Peninsula and you'll find million-dollar homes surrounded by tall fences and lush, manicured landscaping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wake Up Fool

Carlsbad, CA

#66 Sep 13, 2011
Alamitos Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Calif will go into default because the voters allowed the public empl unions to buy the Democratic Party. Illegals were the extra dead weight which destroyed most of our public schools ability to honor our commitment to educate our own children. We voted to be less than other Americans. And, we got our wish. We wanted to leave little of value to our own kids and rob them of future opportunities to thrive and prosper. It was a conscience choice made by the voters in our State.
The State of California will never collapse! The Federal government will always come to the rescue.
Hard left

Rancho Cordova, CA

#67 Sep 13, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So now when are you going to tell us how many of the bennifits I listed went to California and how many went to another state???
Hey fornication face, i've told you many, many times.

My alias is now Hard left.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#68 Sep 14, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
More schoolyard name calling.......LOL

We all have known you are far far hard left and laughed at your middle stance......

Did you see how a republican just took a very liberal district in New York???

All he had to do was say he was going to do the oppisate of oslaam the economy slayer........

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#69 Sep 14, 2011
Wake Up Fool wrote:
<quoted text> The State of California will never collapse! The Federal government will always come to the rescue.
Ordinarily you would be right but CA's horrific financial problems and massive pension deficits are too severe. CA will have to be amputated from the proud family of rationally governed States for the Nation to survive. Sort of like that Movie last year where the guy had to cut his arm off to save himself.

We voted to be less than over the last 15 years and it will have fatal consequences for our State.

Riverside, CA

#70 Sep 14, 2011
Wake Up Fool wrote:
<quoted text> The State of California will never collapse! The Federal government will always come to the rescue.
Just ask the poor Greeks about how their government is going to bail them out. Oh, wait, the Greek government has botched up their country so well that they are on the verge of being kicked out of the Eurozone because they are a financial drain on the OTHER participants. Germany fears that they will have to subsidize Greece, and Greece won't stop spending.

So, yes, big governments in fact do fail, have failed and will continue to do so. Greece will either be kicked out of the Eurozone and have to re-mint its own money (which no one will accept) OR thy get to surrender their soverign right as a country to make their own budget.
Wake Up Fool

Carlsbad, CA

#71 Sep 15, 2011
Alamitos Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Ordinarily you would be right but CA's horrific financial problems and massive pension deficits are too severe. CA will have to be amputated from the proud family of rationally governed States for the Nation to survive. Sort of like that Movie last year where the guy had to cut his arm off to save himself.
We voted to be less than over the last 15 years and it will have fatal consequences for our State.
Never will happen. The United States government can garner more than enough capital to bail out California and every other State in the Union for that matter! Just get over your doom and gloom delusions.
Wake Up Fool

Carlsbad, CA

#72 Sep 15, 2011
SonOfTC wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask the poor Greeks about how their government is going to bail them out. Oh, wait, the Greek government has botched up their country so well that they are on the verge of being kicked out of the Eurozone because they are a financial drain on the OTHER participants. Germany fears that they will have to subsidize Greece, and Greece won't stop spending.
So, yes, big governments in fact do fail, have failed and will continue to do so. Greece will either be kicked out of the Eurozone and have to re-mint its own money (which no one will accept) OR thy get to surrender their soverign right as a country to make their own budget.
Greece and all the other European countries will be fine! The EU will never allow the Euro to collapse. You need to take some anti-depressants to help you with your doom and gloom delusions.

Location hidden

#74 Sep 18, 2011
Wake Up Fool wrote:
<quoted text> Never will happen. The United States government can garner more than enough capital to bail out California and every other State in the Union for that matter! Just get over your doom and gloom delusions.
You are delusional. Both the pathetic remains of Leftist California and the pathetic remains of Leftist Greece will be amputated in order for their rational, responsible, neighbors to survive. Just because Voters in Greece and California had a civic death wish is hardly a reason to SAVE them. They voted to fail their families. So let them fail their families all by themselves. Leftwing Governments ALWAYS fail. Read your history. It is wrong to stand in their way.
Wake Up Fool

Carlsbad, CA

#75 Sep 19, 2011
Alamitos Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional. Both the pathetic remains of Leftist California and the pathetic remains of Leftist Greece will be amputated in order for their rational, responsible, neighbors to survive. Just because Voters in Greece and California had a civic death wish is hardly a reason to SAVE them. They voted to fail their families. So let them fail their families all by themselves. Leftwing Governments ALWAYS fail. Read your history. It is wrong to stand in their way.
Greece and California will both survive, and prosper! Only a misguided fool could actually ever think otherwise. California is by far the best State in America, and that's why everyone wants to come here.
Hard left

Rancho Cordova, CA

#76 Sep 19, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
More schoolyard name calling.......LOL
We all have known you are far far hard left and laughed at your middle stance......
Did you see how a republican just took a very liberal district in New York???
All he had to do was say he was going to do the oppisate of oslaam the economy slayer........
Wrong again!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#77 Sep 19, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again!
Please tell us what part of my statement is wrong and then I will provide you a link that will prove my statement correct and you wrong again........LOL
Hard left

Rancho Cordova, CA

#78 Sep 19, 2011
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us what part of my statement is wrong and then I will provide you a link that will prove my statement correct and you wrong again........LOL
You mean the link to a post that shows you asking for information that I never said I'd provide?

Get your story straight……

“Facts”

Location hidden

#79 Sep 19, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the link to a post that shows you asking for information that I never said I'd provide?
Do you really want me to post a link where you said you would answer the questions if I answered yours and prove you wrong again???

Location hidden

#80 Sep 20, 2011
Wake Up Fool wrote:
<quoted text> Greece and California will both survive, and prosper! Only a misguided fool could actually ever think otherwise. California is by far the best State in America, and that's why everyone wants to come here.
You are living in the past. Over the last four years more Americans have refugeed out of California than have come to the State. About 1,000,000 more. The dramatic increase in benefit and service starved, unassimilating Foreigners who invaded California is on the increase though.

You are correct about one thing. If other States citizens were vapid Cowards who elected politicians who passed Laws encouraging foreign illegals to colonize their Communities they would have a dramatic "increase" in population too.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#81 Sep 20, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see you smarted up a little and did not ask me to prove you wrong again.......

But I will do it for you just because you are my little sheepole.......

First lie.........LOL

In post # 123 you half way answered the questions....
ttp://www.topix.com/forum/stat e/ca/T3VS9F3MOP1L50PIQ/p6

Then post #102 here you said this.......
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ca/T3VS9F3MO...

'll be glad to answer your questions right after you answer the qustion I asked you first.

So did you say you would answer the questions after I answered yours????
YEP.......

So you are wrong again.........LOL
Wake Up Fool

Carlsbad, CA

#82 Sep 21, 2011
Alamitos Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in the past. Over the last four years more Americans have refugeed out of California than have come to the State. About 1,000,000 more. The dramatic increase in benefit and service starved, unassimilating Foreigners who invaded California is on the increase though.
You are correct about one thing. If other States citizens were vapid Cowards who elected politicians who passed Laws encouraging foreign illegals to colonize their Communities they would have a dramatic "increase" in population too.
Illegals are all over the country idiot! Immigration policy is created by the Federal government, not California.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#83 Oct 12, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE......LOL

This link here where you said more than 6 months ago that you would answer the questions.......LOL

Post # 102 with you responding to my list of questions..........LOL
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ca/T3VS9F3MO...

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why won’t you answer the question??
What are you afraid of??
Was it floored in California??
Was it prepped in California?
Was it sold in California?
Was it registered in California?
Did a dealer in California make money and pay income tax on it?
Did someone wash it each week that it sat on a lot in California and have a job and pay taxes?
Was it ever run in a TV, Newspaper or radio ad in California and did the advertiser pay taxes on any of that money?
You complain about corporations not paying tax and you do the same thing they do…………….LOL
Typical far left of the road……………..LOL

road toad said
I'll be glad to answer your questions right after you answer the qustion I asked you first.
Stupidity

Carlsbad, CA

#84 Oct 13, 2011
High speed rail is a joke, and a complete waste of taxpayer's money.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#85 Nov 20, 2011
Hard left wrote:
<quoted text>
Road toad admits that he would answer the questions.......

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what did you mean road toad when you said this????
"I'll be glad to answer your questions right after you answer the qustion I asked you first."

road toad said
That I'd answer the questions, not your list.

Post 72 here........LOL
www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/TAFGCS22H9U...

What kind of moron would spend hours every day to not answer 5 minutes worth of questions??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California High-Speed Rail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: State must proceed full speed ahead on ... Feb '18 Your Service Prov... 9
News APNewsBreak: Toll of railroads' speed control l... Dec '17 Cordwainer Trout 1
News Letter: High-speed train could be win-win (Aug '17) Aug '17 cindy1957 1
News Ontario's high-speed rail plan not so far-fetch... (Jun '17) Jun '17 big promise problems 1
News Letter writers angry about Brown's approach to ... (Apr '17) May '17 Solarman 4
News Bullet train: Merced included in proposed Silic... (Apr '16) May '17 a-citizen 2
News Trump's infrastructure plan may hit roadblock: ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1