California simply can't afford to build a high-speed rail system

Jul 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

A few weeks ago, Governor Jerry Brown and the California state legislature accomplished something that has only happened three other times in the last twenty years - they passed the state's annual budget before the fiscal year-end deadline.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Drazil

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

How stupid are the Governor and the Sacramento lawmakers....California is broke , we have no moneyr a high-speed rail system. They all need to get out of Sacramento and take a look at he rest of the state, we are a real mess and all they can talk around is how to tax citizens more to get their rail system. Voters need to vote out all of the legislature and take back our state. We are dying here in California and anyone with money is just leaving the state. Soon nothing by illegals left, they can't pay the taxes
Adrain

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Drazil wrote:
How stupid are the Governor and the Sacramento lawmakers....California is broke , we have no moneyr a high-speed rail system. They all need to get out of Sacramento and take a look at he rest of the state, we are a real mess and all they can talk around is how to tax citizens more to get their rail system. Voters need to vote out all of the legislature and take back our state. We are dying here in California and anyone with money is just leaving the state. Soon nothing by illegals left, they can't pay the taxes
Voters of California or horrible at legislating themselves. Guess who asked for the high speed rail? Yeah. That was us. It's such a stupid argument to say "we need to vote them all out" when we have our opportunity to do so and never do. The small government crowd is ridiculous. Raising taxes isn't the issue, it's the solution. We are the most populated state. If we can't raise money to help build things that keep our state headed towards the future, what are we doing?
David Orr

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Adrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Voters of California or horrible at legislating themselves. Guess who asked for the high speed rail? Yeah. That was us. It's such a stupid argument to say "we need to vote them all out" when we have our opportunity to do so and never do. The small government crowd is ridiculous. Raising taxes isn't the issue, it's the solution. We are the most populated state. If we can't raise money to help build things that keep our state headed towards the future, what are we doing?
Absolutely on target, you are. Here we are in the 21st Century with a lot of citizens caught in thinking of decades ago...and no look to the future. Soon there will be 40 million Californians in the state..before I depart for the 'other side' I hope to see this; and only 3 three major highways (only one 'freeway' I-5) connecting the Valley and the Southland (throw in the Bay Area)...what are we thinking?
High speed rail is the next connection (far more dependable than air,.....and cheaper). California will set the tone for the Nation. Rail systems experts and vendors from Europe, Canada, and Asia are competing for the work...to put our workers...to work. Let's get started soon and early...forward to 2020...we all need to ride this thing...wheee!
David Orr

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

David Orr wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely on target, you are. Here we are in the 21st Century with a lot of citizens caught in thinking of decades ago...and no look to the future. Soon there will be 40 million Californians in the state..before I depart for the 'other side' I hope to see this; and only 3 three major highways (only one 'freeway' I-5) connecting the Valley and the Southland (throw in the Bay Area)...what are we thinking?
High speed rail is the next connection (far more dependable than air,.....and cheaper). California will set the tone for the Nation. Rail systems experts and vendors from Europe, Canada, and Asia are competing for the work...to put our workers...to work. Let's get started soon and early...forward to 2020...we all need to ride this thing...wheee!
David Orr
99 is a freeway..........LOL

Look at the train station they built in Hopland Ca to move people back and forth from the bay area........

They could not pay people to ride the train..

The train operated for a year for free and not one person got on that train in Hopland and went to the bay area but tens of thousands drove everyday....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••