Australia Faces Influx of Sri Lankan ...

Australia Faces Influx of Sri Lankan Asylum Seekers

There are 275 comments on the Voice of America story from Apr 11, 2013, titled Australia Faces Influx of Sri Lankan Asylum Seekers. In it, Voice of America reports that:

Australia's conservative opposition is accusing the Labor government of losing control of the nation's borders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Voice of America.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
CrimeaRiver

UK

#1 Apr 12, 2013
Why do they insist on referring to Tamils as Sri lankans. Tamils don't want to be Sri Lankan, that why the waged a seperatists war. They do everything in their power to destroy sri lanka and don't even supprt our Cricket team even though we have Tamils amongst them.

They are an embarrassment to our island
Ezy

Wakeley, Australia

#2 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
Why do they insist on referring to Tamils as Sri lankans. Tamils don't want to be Sri Lankan, that why the waged a seperatists war. They do everything in their power to destroy sri lanka and don't even supprt our Cricket team even though we have Tamils amongst them.
Sri Lanka is experiencing a post war economic collapse. The refugees coming to Australia from sri lanka these days are from all ethnicities. A once beautiful country with a high standars of living and bright future known as the perl of the Indian Ocean has been destroyed by war.
CrimeaRiver

UK

#4 Apr 12, 2013
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sri Lanka is experiencing a post war economic collapse. The refugees coming to Australia from sri lanka these days are from all ethnicities. A once beautiful country with a high standars of living and bright future known as the perl of the Indian Ocean has been destroyed by war.
Don't worry about Sri Lanka. She's just come out of 30 years of terrorism by the Tamils but is still experiencing growth.

She is far from economic collapse despite the Tamil diaspora's campaign get the world to put sanctions on her.

Sri Lanka is back on track, tourism is up, exports are up and the infrastructure is improving in leaps and bounds.

Tamils are annoyed because they lost the seperatist war and are embarrassed that the $500 million raised by the diaspora has disappeared into the bank accounts of high level terrorists
Hazeem

Sri Lanka

#5 Apr 12, 2013
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
it was destroyed by the sinhala animals themselves.
Sam

Adelaide, Australia

#6 Apr 12, 2013
I am from Sri Lanka and I know whats happening there.
All these are economic refugees, victims of human smugglers, they charge 5000 AUD per person to be sent by boat to Australia.
People think its a short cut to Australian permanent residency...
Australian tax payers pay for them..!!
Sam

Adelaide, Australia

#7 Apr 12, 2013
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from Sri Lanka and I know whats happening there.
All these are economic refugees, victims of human smugglers, they charge 5000 AUD per person to be sent by boat to Australia.
People think its a short cut to Australian permanent residency...
Australian tax payers pay for them..!!
Ezy

Wakeley, Australia

#8 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about Sri Lanka. She's just come out of 30 years of terrorism by the Tamils but is still experiencing growth.
She is far from economic collapse despite the Tamil diaspora's campaign get the world to put sanctions on her.
Sri Lanka is back on track, tourism is up, exports are up and the infrastructure is improving in leaps and bounds.
Tamils are annoyed because they lost the seperatist war and are embarrassed that the $500 million raised by the diaspora has disappeared into the bank accounts of high level terrorists
You cannot blame the Tamils it was an internal ethnic conflict and everyone lost in the end. And now the country is having severe inflation and its not liveable.
10th LIGHT HORSE WA

Perth, Australia

#10 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
WHO GIVES A FLYING FOX WHAT THERE CALLED OR WHAT THERE BULLSHIT WAR IS ABOUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT THERE GOING TO GET SENT BACK thank goodness the DIRTY LITTLE TURDS
10th LIGHT HORSE WA

Perth, Australia

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Let me tell you
CrimeaRiver

UK

#12 Apr 12, 2013
10th LIGHT HORSE WA wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO GIVES A FLYING FOX WHAT THERE CALLED OR WHAT THERE BULLSHIT WAR IS ABOUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT THERE GOING TO GET SENT BACK thank goodness the DIRTY LITTLE TURDS
No no - Please keep them.

Tamils are a hardworking race, and the terrorism thing has passed now, not many of them support terror anymore.

Tamils in australia have sussed your legal system and know exactly what to say to get refugee status. There's a common theme to all the asylum claims.

They have a network in place which has been funded by Tamil Tiger terrorist cells in Oz over the last ten years. Here's a handful of organisations that are in place to stop deportations:

Australian Council of Tamil Refugee Inc Vie

Australian Federation of Tamil Association (AFTA)

Australian Society of Graduates Tamil (ASoGT)

Australian Tamil Congress (ATC)

Australian Tamil Electoral Lobby (ATEL)

Consortitum of Tamil Association NSW

Sydney Tamil Women's Welfare Group (Sydney West Multicultural Services)

Tamil Co-ordination Committee

Voice of Tamils

Eelam Tamil Association (Australia) ETA

Newcastle Tamil SangamInc

Tamil Rehabilitation Organisation (TRO)- Sydney
Ezy

Wakeley, Australia

#13 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
No no - Please keep them.
Tamils are a hardworking race, and the terrorism thing has passed now, not many of them support terror anymore.
Tamils in australia have sussed your legal system and know exactly what to say to get refugee status. There's a common theme to all the asylum claims.
They have a network in place which has been funded by Tamil Tiger terrorist cells in Oz over the last ten years. Here's a handful of organisations that are in place to stop deportations:
Australian Council of Tamil Refugee Inc Vie
Australian Federation of Tamil Association (AFTA)
Australian Society of Graduates Tamil (ASoGT)
Australian Tamil Congress (ATC)
Australian Tamil Electoral Lobby (ATEL)
Consortitum of Tamil Association NSW
Sydney Tamil Women's Welfare Group (Sydney West Multicultural Services)
Tamil Co-ordination Committee
Voice of Tamils
Eelam Tamil Association (Australia) ETA
Newcastle Tamil SangamInc
Tamil Rehabilitation Organisation (TRO)- Sydney
Back off mate. All of these groups are legally registered and most solely operate to benefit the community don't tarnish the reputation of these organisations - you probably pulled this list right off the Internet.
F OFF Sri Lankans

Kraków, Poland

#14 Apr 12, 2013
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
Back off mate. All of these groups are legally registered and most solely operate to benefit the community don't tarnish the reputation of these organisations - you probably pulled this list right off the Internet.
You pull stuff right off the internet all the time and then add some made up stuff to it.

Hey loser are you going to invent a new alias now and pretend to have Sri Lankan anncestors ?
Ezy

Wakeley, Australia

#15 Apr 12, 2013
F OFF Sri Lankans wrote:
<quoted text>
You pull stuff right off the internet all the time and then add some made up stuff to it.
Hey loser are you going to invent a new alias now and pretend to have Sri Lankan anncestors ?

Keep your nose out of things that don't convern your opinion
CrimeaRiver

UK

#16 Apr 12, 2013
Ezy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to tarnish any organisations. Of course they are legally registered, they'd have no power if they weren't.

This is why Tamils go to places like Australia where deportation is difficult because of all the red-tape. Tamil organisations like Australian Council of Tamil Refugees and Australian Tamil Electoral Lobby (ATEL) then sieze upon the bureaucracy to delay deportations and eventually force an amnesty on refugee claims.

Thats why they sail past countries like Indonesia and malayasia because they have no such red tape and will deport illegal refugees in the first instant.

Not to mention front organisations like White Pigeon which claims to be a charitable organisation but directly funds the LTTE terrorists groups.

We're not all blind to Tamil's sneaky ways.
Viking

Craigavon, UK

#17 Apr 12, 2013
We must mercilessly destroy all politicians and perturbed men and women and then destroy all those who have come here to do the same.

Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever.

Sajeewi

Leichhardt, Australia

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Daxchan Selverajah put his hand under the sleeping white girls panty to fondle and run his killer sucidel finger through the soft crevices (yoni) before she scream with fear after seen the LTTE tamil monster with micro lingum.
Elias

Australia

#20 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
Many here are not entirely convinced the latest batch of Sri Lankans over the last 5 yrs are even Tamils. They look like coastal Sinhala (karawa, duruwa and salagama) and muslims to me who can pass themselves off as Tamils. They did this post 83 as well.
Sajeewi

Australia

#21 Apr 12, 2013
ABC Tony john interview Rt Hon thesara sumarasinghe on the late line, see what he is saying about the Tamils on board.

Now from the above comment, Tamils should know how the Sinhalease are feeling about the Tamil saga. Tamils themselves are a shamed of Tamil scums who looks like animals in this boats.

This is my argument why don't we send all southern Indian Tamil animals back to Tamil Nadu, rather than calling them Sri Lankans.
Pure Dravidan

Sri Lanka

#22 Apr 12, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
No one bothers much about srilanka these days. Unless you strike off the war crime issue, SriLanka virtually gets no more attention.

If Srilanka doesn't oblige to implement LLRC's recommendations, it's highly likely economic embargo will embrace you in time to come. That itself would impede the so-called sluggish progression as well.

Sri Lanka is no way near the developmental markers, as is expected to be in the post-war. Your leader has plummeted you even further than LTTE and there're hardly any means to claw yourself back at the moment.

Tamils are happily looking at way how you're toyed by the western world in the midst of your painstaking efforts. Simply you have to produce at least 2000 Army pakayo in the international court to come out of the current shackles. ok? Therunatha mahathaya? lol
Sajeewi

Australia

#23 Apr 13, 2013
If you are in Colombo, Sri Lanka learn to speak Sinhalease properly:

"Therunadha mahaththaya?" not " therunatha mahathaya", be careful this advice may save you life if your speculation comes true and if that lead to another riot like 1983.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boat Disaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will the great flood sink Baton Rouge or inspir... Aug 22 Billy Joe 1
News At gay pride parades, large crowds and increase... Jun '16 OUCH 4
News 3 people rescued after boat capsizes on Lake Ch... Jun '16 markey fife 4
News The French connection: New mural at Charleston ... Jun '16 halcyonplacecharl... 1
News Vancouver oil terminal is not worth risk Jun '16 Medewiwin 1
News Sunken tugboat a big headache for Nanaimo Port ... Jun '16 Jim 1
News YouTube fitness tutorial inspired personal trai... May '16 Three Psyche 16
More from around the web