Brakes a focus in W.Va. crash that killed 2 boys

Mar 11, 2013 Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston 35

Investigators are looking into a driver's report that his brakes failed before his water tanker collided with a car and killed two Clarksburg children.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Le_gal_ize

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Mar 12, 2013
Big load of B.S.!!
Rae

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Mar 12, 2013
They can tell. Most of new model trucks have black boxes in them. They will be able to tell everything.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#3 Mar 12, 2013
Rae wrote:
They can tell. Most of new model trucks have black boxes in them. They will be able to tell everything.
I saw a report that said this particular truck had a 'red box,' but it may have just looked that way from all the blood.
Timtom

United States

#5 Mar 12, 2013
Just another story of a truck driver going" its not my fualt" most are scum bags to damn lazy to get a real job. To them" oh well they shouldn't have been in my work area"
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#6 Mar 12, 2013
Need tox report. I'd bet a small fortune this guy was pilled up or some speed .
I am hoping

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Mar 12, 2013
TitanWv wrote:
Need tox report. I'd bet a small fortune this guy was pilled up or some speed .
Hoping they drug tested both drivers for everything out there testable.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Timtom wrote:
Just another story of a truck driver going" its not my fualt" most are scum bags to damn lazy to get a real job. To them" oh well they shouldn't have been in my work area"
Without workers in the transportation industry your grocery stores would run out of stock of everything within 48 and your fuel stations may last an even shorter amount of time. That is nothing to speak of your restaurants, doctors offices, hospitals. I see it as a real job.
truck driver

Murrysville, PA

#9 Mar 12, 2013
Anytime a truck wrecks like this the driver is automatically taken by the DOT and drug tested.
oh yea

Buckhannon, WV

#10 Mar 12, 2013
AnonMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Without workers in the transportation industry your grocery stores would run out of stock of everything within 48 and your fuel stations may last an even shorter amount of time. That is nothing to speak of your restaurants, doctors offices, hospitals. I see it as a real job.
that's right not all truckers are bad drivers.the truth will come out wait and see.
saddened

West Milford, WV

#11 Mar 19, 2013
I think it's a crime that people are so quick to judge. To the person that thinks driving a truck is not a real job maybe you should try it someday then form an opinion. This was an accident and that means that in no way did this driver set out at the beginning of his day to take the lives of tese two little ones. Try thinking of how you would feel if you were that driver. Come on people let this family grieve in peace and these children rest in peace. If there are any charges that need to be made let the proper authorities do it.
me again

Richmond, VA

#12 Mar 19, 2013
@ Saddened dont feel abit sorry for the driver of the truck, he was driving wreckless. So every nightmare every sleepness night he deserves. He took the lives of two innocent little boys. So now live with it.
Timtom

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Come on now how many times have any of you saw a big truck cut off you or someone around you or ran a car or motorcycle into the median and not even bat a eye. They get on there cb radios amd laugh about it. If the dot and the cops were doing the right thing they would pull them over when they pull that shit instead of worrying about a car going than 5 miles over the speed limit. Most cops proably can't read a manafest to know if they are leagle
Tiffany

Buckhannon, WV

#14 Mar 19, 2013
Yanno I find it a tad bit pathetic that all of you are judging whether or not it was the truck drivers or not....and saying a truck driving job isn't a rough job? I'd like to see u get off of ur ass and go drive a water truck or a dump truck and get beat around on some of the locations they go on....maybe u need to get in one and drive it for a few days and find out what shits like...truck drivers especially water truck and dump truck drivers risk their lives every day driving on locations....for instance have u seem the HUGE hills that r straight up and down that they have to be pulled up by d5's and d10's for those who DONTknow what that is its a dozer....you never know when that cable is gunna break or anything or if the dozer loses traction and rolls...YOU DONT KNOW THEIR LIFE...don't be judging until u try it....I've been in rock trucks and everything...don't knock it till you try it urself! Prayers to the truck driver and the woman and her family.... May god rest those poor babies souls....<3
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#15 Mar 19, 2013
Tiffany wrote:
Yanno I find it a tad bit pathetic that all of you are judging whether or not it was the truck drivers or not....and saying a truck driving job isn't a rough job? I'd like to see u get off of ur ass and go drive a water truck or a dump truck and get beat around on some of the locations they go on....maybe u need to get in one and drive it for a few days and find out what shits like...
You're right, I could never be a truck driver. I get an upset stomach on amusement park rides, so I can't imagine how I'd feel in a truck spinning out of control and rolling over everything in its path.
Timtom

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2013
I've operated all the above mentioned equipment and I KNOW what im saying it true I did the same things I mentioned they come first hand, yes I was a scum bag trucker till Idid the right and became a school teacher so I have drove a mile or a couple million In there boots
Full of it

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Mar 19, 2013
Some are well trained and professional but others are just heart beats with a CDL. Who do you want to be working in your area?
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#19 Mar 19, 2013
Timtom wrote:
I've operated all the above mentioned equipment and I KNOW what im saying it true I did the same things I mentioned they come first hand, yes I was a scum bag trucker till Idid the right and became a school teacher so I have drove a mile or a couple million In there boots
Good for you! You quit truck driving so you could help kids, instead of staying on the road and hurting them.
the translator

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Mar 19, 2013
Timtom wrote:
Hope your not teaching english,spelling,punctuation,w riting,grammer or the like. From your post it seems unlikely you are, in fact, a teacher. If it is the result of a college education you should have saved the tuition
and kept on trucking.
Living in clarksburg

Clarksburg, WV

#22 Mar 20, 2013
Looks like the same T&S trucks flying up the road
Shame on them

United States

#23 Mar 20, 2013
Living in clarksburg wrote:
Looks like the same T&S trucks flying up the road
As long as Matt is working his buddies and they are giving him cash payouts then they won't change and will continue to kill people. You the man Tim!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boat Disaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malaysia Air search zone spreads on analysis of... Dec 12 _malon_goblok 2
Migrants intercepted off Lesvos, up to four fea... Dec 6 Aegean island of ... 1
Coast Guard rescues 5 after boat sinks off Oregon Nov 30 Cordwainer Trout 1
Why space tourism is worth the risk Nov 28 Andarz Abedini 4
Cli-Fi: New climate fear genre Nov 22 SpaceBlues 11
Discrediting Space Tourism Insults the People W... Nov '14 SpaceBlues 1
Council schedules public hearing on water rate ... (Sep '13) Nov '14 james marple 4
More from around the web