Online sales-tax bill called out of line

Full story: The Times Leader
Five states now have no statewide sales tax: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon. Full Story
entitledstate

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 May 27, 2013
The internet sales tax in Pennsylvania should be considered a privilege tax or an entitlement tax to the state bureaucrats of Pennsylvania. It's extortion or a vig simply for having residence in Pennsylvania.
On one hand I get the transaction itself is being conducted from Pa on the other hand the actual business is originating in another state. Pennsylvania also has a state income tax which includes a use tax. Pa simply feels entitled to all of it's residence disposable income.

Pa will treat you like a criminal for physically traveling out of state to shop tax free and for a much better consumer selection. The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board sends their stasi agents out of state to gather money they feel entitled too much like a gangster demanding protection money. 3 Pa residents cited for traveling to the State of Delaware to buy alcohol.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51998218/ns/local_n...

It is this unwiley sense of entitlement to a residents disposable income that is more scary and oppressive than many of the federal income taxes which are bad enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 things: Wal-Mart battle still waging in McCan... Nov 16 Alipug 2
Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Nov 13 mikmax 73
Lobbyists grease wheels of legislature (Jun '06) Oct '14 Tyler 4
Burwell Speech Aims to Hit Reset Button at HHS Oct '14 duh 4
Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... Sep '14 e voting machines eh 2
Milton's mayor poised to become the next Hazel ... Aug '14 Hazelwood 2 1
Show where food stampsa $80 billion is spent ea... Aug '14 Jaimie 4

Big Box Retailers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE