Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan

Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan

There are 31 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 19, 2008, titled Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

North Whitehall for Sustainable Development, a citizens group opposed to a proposed Wal-Mart shopping center, has filed an appeal of a conditional use approval that township supervisors granted the retailer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tax payers paying

United States

#21 Sep 19, 2008
Glock 10 MM wrote:
The BOS at MW should go home today and start to practice saying ""Welcome to Walmart and have a nice day"" in spanish thou. Maybe you might understand it because you dont understand ENGLISH.
where is MW?

Weis is worse for North Whitehall they sell to under aged kids the alcohol they said was necessary to sell to survive, even before WalMart was proposed
billy barule

Slatington, PA

#22 Sep 19, 2008
i can't wait for this walmart to open. i'll be there every other day buying stuff!
Rick from Orefield

Allentown, PA

#23 Sep 19, 2008
Appeal this.

I've got something for you to appeal.

When does the Walmart expect to open........way to far to keep driving to Trexlertown.
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#24 Sep 20, 2008
We all know the outcome of this appeal.

WEIS/NWSD lawyers are just trying to show WEIS executives that they are still worthy of cashing their WEIS paychecks.

This story isn't worth the time I've already put into it.

This is my last post on this thread.

Catch you on the LAST thread or the NEXT one.
Silly Little People

Easton, PA

#25 Sep 20, 2008
Walmart will win this one. Don't people know when they are defeated?
Rick from Orefield

Allentown, PA

#26 Sep 20, 2008
Enough said
gman

Danielsville, PA

#27 Sep 21, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
WD and TT a new thread!!!! till the end of today what 200 comments???
Walmart rules!!!Well they are not up yet at 0730 hours!! BRING IT ON!!!! cheap prices rule!!! Weiss's get your crap together, I was there last Friday and the seafood dept was CLOSED at 7 PM already. that sux. and i told the partimer that Weiss in Kutztown stays open till 9, you know what he said, any complaints go up front, I just work here!! what an ****. even Stupid Fresh seafood stays open til 9..I did complain and the last thing I said "cant wait till Walmart opens, bet someone will be there at 9 pm to serve you" I got a dirty look imagine that!!!
go ahead and support a company that treats its employess like dirt, pillages the town they set up shop in, encourages their own employees to get public assistance and makes almost everything in china. this store and its executive team are evil. do your homework on walmart.
Triple K

Slatington, PA

#28 Sep 21, 2008
gman wrote:
<quoted text>
go ahead and support a company that treats its employess like dirt, pillages the town they set up shop in, encourages their own employees to get public assistance and makes almost everything in china. this store and its executive team are evil. do your homework on walmart.
I know 3 people that work in Lehighton and that is bull crap..Problem is the other stores need to compete and instead of making 150 percent profit, be happy with 50 to 80 per cent profit, so its coming down to that...
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#29 Sep 22, 2008
gman wrote:
<quoted text>
The deal an employee strikes with an employer is none of my concern.

You don't like working conditions , move on.

I have pointed people to programs they were leagaly qualified for and they benefited monitarily from them .
(such as property tax rebates)
Weeks later they tracked me down to say thanks.

That makes me evil because they benefited from programs you don't know about.

What kind of thinking is THAT?

Look around your home.
Have stuff from Best Buy, don't you?
Now.........look at the tag. See China or Taiwan?
Yep. Take the cover off your stereo,VCR, tv set or microwave. See "made in China" -yep.

All the stuff I've accumulated over the years I started to look at this year and EVERYTHING , I bought someplace other than WALMART was, if FACT,
"made in China" by virtue of the fact that it was printed or stamped INSIDE the machine someplace.

My FAX machine. An HP I bought at a GATEWWAY country store (before they were closed) was made in Malaysia. The color cartride was made in Puerto Rico and the B& W cartridge was stamped
"made in Singapore".

Your "made in America " argument is out the window.

Next up: Neighborly Walmart.

Ok. I heard walmart Schnecksville was designed along the lines of the 2 1/2 YO walmart in East Greenville so......... I went to visit.
It lies FEET outside of E Greenville in Hanover Township, next to Pillsbury.

Then I went to visit the local PD and asked what THEY thought of their WALMART neighbor.

Then I drove to the local Fire Co asking the same questions.

You want the answers to my questions, you go get em yourself. I wrote this all out before here.

Tell you this though. I live "walking distance " to walmart Schnecksville and I cannot think of a better neighbor to have here.

NWSD/Weis markets and the Schnecksville 5-0 and their lawyers and done.

They want Lehigh County court (at your expense)
to deny walmart of it's American right to
'Freedom of Expression & Enterprise' as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.

At this point, nothing short of an
'Act of Congress' can stop Walmart Schnecksville from opening in Spring of 2009

Since: Oct 07

Schnecksville PA

#30 Sep 22, 2008
gman wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife worked FT at Weis for years, she Left King's and started at Wal-Mart in T-town before it opened and worked there until she was too sick to work. She Had better pay, Benefits, Profit Sharing, and A Discount on purchases. What did weis give her ZIP.
Wal-mart does have benefits IIRC it is FT employees get Medical Coverage after 3 Months, PT employees after 2 Years.

When was the last time you were in Weis? I bet you today if you went in you wouldn't recognize over half the employees why, because Weis Pay scale is Barely above Minimum wage for employees who have been there years
Reply To Block IQ of 5

Parksley, VA

#31 Jun 12, 2010
Glock 10 MM wrote:
Well , I guess the BOS of NW should fill out the applications at Walmart because when this is said and done it is the ONLY place there are going to be able to work. Ha Ah the old saying still goes""" I told you so""".Walmart with there fancy pants lawyers were trying to RAM this thru and got caught with there fancy pants down and the BOS in front of them with theres down also. HA Ha we have not even made it to the Planning commision were this thing can be STOPPED COLD in its tracks when there are LEGAL ordinances placed on the store for there hours of operation up to and including when and how many deliveries it can except. Ask the Weis Store they will tell you how it works. Jay King found out REALLY quick how it works. Oh yes for you narrow minds I am NOT a Weis employee or a NW resident. I just cannot stand things like this being SHOVED down peoples throats when they are mislead by lawyers. I have brother-in law who is one and I dislike him just as MUCH.
Read you post now and se for yourself
just how plain stupid you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Jul 27 Walter 29
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul '16 Sam 92
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... Jul '16 Hillary liar liar 110
News Opinions divided, politely, over gay pride marc... Jul '16 Logic Analysis 5
News 'A danger to wives and daughters': Petition to ... Apr '16 Mayor 12
News Wal-Mart opening slated for late summer Apr '16 Elmer 17
News Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... (Aug '14) Jan '16 tricky 13
More from around the web