Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

There are 186 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Internet sales tax progresses in Senate. In it, CBS News reports that:

The bill would empower states to require online retailers to collect state and local sales taxes for purchases made over the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#105 Apr 26, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
All insurance, whether it's auto, health, home, malpractice, liability and so on "transfer" wealth to someone elses' pockets. When we talk about insurance increases, yes they have been going up over the past 40 years, in every venue I listed. The issue was that Odumbo claimed that the more people forced to buy insurance would reduce the cost. Is that a reduction after the 400% increases that have taken place since the Affordable care act was signed in? I am self employed, I worked free lance for a firm in Florida for 3 years, they forced me onto their insurance program. It covered meds and doctor visits for the 1st year, after that, it covered less and less. Had obamacare been a viable law accepted by the majority, it would have reined in the abuse by insurance companies. We have yet to see that because the politicians are invested in those very companies on the NYSE. That is referred to as cutting your nose off to spite your face, which none of them including Odumbo and Pelosi are going to do.
I pay a ton for insurance and they cover almost nothing. I have it, but it really isn't good for anything. I read the fine print on my health insurance contract. They claim they can deny coverage for anything, at any time, even retro-actively. That makes this insurance a complete scam.

I was in favor when I heard there would be discussions about how to repair the health care industry. When Obama had those pushing for universal single payer arrested, I knew it would turn out badly. We ended up with a program straight from the GOP owned and controlled Heritage foundation. Obama caved on every aspect of health care to the GOP. It will not get better, and I agree it is getting worse. It is not a step in the right direction, it is a leap in the wrong direction.

It is both parties that are screwing the public, to make a buck for the rich. The rich can write the laws to steal everything, and they are doing it big time. more than 100% of the growth of the economy since 1980 has gone to the wealthy, while the middle class and poor work harder, work longer, and get less. That is robbery. And it continues.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#106 Apr 26, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. I oppose Obama care; and yet I disagree with just about everything you post. Many small business owners dropped health care for employees long before Obama care was even mentioned. It was called Romney care, designed by the Heritage foundation. Even large corporations continued to drop the portion they paid, till some pay nothing at all. A large number of corporations are famous for only keep part time people on the payroll to avoid having to even offer any coverage. Not that they would pay for that coverage, just provide a group where lower prices could be obtained.
Those steadily increasing prices have been steadily increasing for more than 40 years; it is not a recent phenomena.
As to trying to repeal it? nope, they are all bluster for political purpose, and no action. Keep in mind the purpose of Romney care is to transfer wealth from ordinary working people to the pockets of rich insurance CEOs. The insurance companies don't have to do anything for all that money except deny you access to health care. Ever dime denied to you for access, is another dime in a rich guy's pocket. This is a typical GOP platform issue. They work hard to set stuff up like this and they will not change it.
When you say you “oppose Obama care,” what is it specifically that you oppose about Obama Care?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#107 Apr 26, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay a ton for insurance and they cover almost nothing. I have it, but it really isn't good for anything. I read the fine print on my health insurance contract. They claim they can deny coverage for anything, at any time, even retro-actively. That makes this insurance a complete scam.
I was in favor when I heard there would be discussions about how to repair the health care industry. When Obama had those pushing for universal single payer arrested, I knew it would turn out badly. We ended up with a program straight from the GOP owned and controlled Heritage foundation. Obama caved on every aspect of health care to the GOP. It will not get better, and I agree it is getting worse. It is not a step in the right direction, it is a leap in the wrong direction.
It is both parties that are screwing the public, to make a buck for the rich. The rich can write the laws to steal everything, and they are doing it big time. more than 100% of the growth of the economy since 1980 has gone to the wealthy, while the middle class and poor work harder, work longer, and get less. That is robbery. And it continues.
I agree and many of the "wealthy" are in our very own gubmint. They will always make sure that they and theirs have the finest the serfs' taxes can provide. When the politicos like Pelosi opted out of the plan, I knew it was going to suck. It's good enough for the serfs, but not the "leaders". It's funny; you would think with all the unions in virtually every aspect of business, the middle class and poor would be more financially well off. Wonder why? Pyramid scheme, perhaps?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#108 Apr 26, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do make a lot of bad choices in life, being a liberal is one of them.

Paris

#109 Apr 26, 2013
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say you “oppose Obama care,” what is it specifically that you oppose about Obama Care?
It's unconstitutional. Obama exempts who he wants (doners), and gouges the rest.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#110 Apr 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion doesn't matter. Try picketing Roberts from location hidden.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Paris

#111 Apr 26, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion doesn't matter. Try picketing Roberts from location hidden.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Nobody's opinion counts but Obama's. Haven't you be indoctrinated into your posting jobe there in the West Wing.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#112 Apr 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. President Obama. There's no neocons or sheknee puppeteering him from the shadows.

hahahahahahaha
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#113 Apr 26, 2013
An Obligatory Annual Reminder…

Attention: Knights of the Satanic Order of the List of Terminally Insulting and Disgusting Without Redeeming Capacity for Reasonable Discourse...

Once you’ve been knighted, there’s no opportunity for reinstatement to the Knights of the Holy Order of the List of the Decent, Honorable, Desirable and Reasonable. Jesus still loves you, but you’re in solitary for one eternity.

Like a Roach Motel, you can check in, but you can’t check out. Note that there is no room phone for contacting the font desk or management. Feel free to fill out complaint forms.

Paris

#114 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes. President Obama. There's no neocons or sheknee puppeteering him from the shadows.
hahahahahahaha
Au Contraire mon petite merede.

HOLDER: Citizenship for illegals a 'civil right'... Holder throws out the constitution and the laws on the books he swore to uphold.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#115 Apr 26, 2013
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Between myself and my employer we pay over $2000 per month for my health insurance. I am very healthy. I read the fine print of the health insurance contract. It says they can deny coverage for anything, anytime they want, even retro-actively. So even if they approve of a procedure, they might not pay. Since I get nothing for my $2000 per month, it is a scam.

Another example. My wife has asthma and occasionally uses a rescue inhaler. I went to refill her prescription. The pharmacist said I was a day early and if I wanted the insurance company to pay their portion I would have to wait one day. I asked how much it was, and the answer was $81. I went in the next morning at 9:00am and filled the prescription. The bill came to $80. I said there must be a mistake. The insurance company was supposed to pay their portion. The pharmacist said they paid $1. That was their portion. This constitutes non-coverage

Third example. I went to get a prescription filled, and had to wait. While I waited I observed how many people were surprised at the high prices and took out their frustration on the pharmacy clerk. I waited a long time and they had about 30 customers. Of the 30, 10 were obviously distressed by something. I assume much of it was the same problems I have observed; getting screwed by the insurance company.

The insurance companies receive a financial benefit if they refuse to pay. Very few people can switch simply because the company they work for selects the insurance, and there is not much in the way of choice anyway.

I don't want insurance, I want access to health care. I don't want to simply give my money to rich people for nothing in return.

I was hopeful when Obama started to reform health care. When the discussions started, and a number of doctors were trying to attend the meetings to push for single payer universal coverage, Obama had them arrested. Obama then caved to every demand from the GOP to set up a system which simply transfers wealth from workers to the rich. This system was designed by the Heritage foundation because of its advantage to the rich and the transfer of wealth it creates.

Bottom line, health insurance is a scam, designed to steal our money, and now we all have to simply hand over our wealth, and we get almost nothing for it. The insurance companies can keep raising their prices and covering less and less. This is not a solution, this is not a step in the right direction. It is a full blown scam. There is no wonder the stock prices of the insurance companies are still rising wildly.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#116 Apr 26, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and many of the "wealthy" are in our very own gubmint. They will always make sure that they and theirs have the finest the serfs' taxes can provide. When the politicos like Pelosi opted out of the plan, I knew it was going to suck. It's good enough for the serfs, but not the "leaders". It's funny; you would think with all the unions in virtually every aspect of business, the middle class and poor would be more financially well off. Wonder why? Pyramid scheme, perhaps?
Unions??? Oh, you mean the almost extinct vestige of a bygone day. They have almost no power now. That is why the middle class is history.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#117 Apr 26, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Between myself and my employer we pay over $2000 per month for my health insurance. I am very healthy. I read the fine print of the health insurance contract. It says they can deny coverage for anything, anytime they want, even retro-actively. So even if they approve of a procedure, they might not pay. Since I get nothing for my $2000 per month, it is a scam.
Another example. My wife has asthma and occasionally uses a rescue inhaler. I went to refill her prescription. The pharmacist said I was a day early and if I wanted the insurance company to pay their portion I would have to wait one day. I asked how much it was, and the answer was $81. I went in the next morning at 9:00am and filled the prescription. The bill came to $80. I said there must be a mistake. The insurance company was supposed to pay their portion. The pharmacist said they paid $1. That was their portion. This constitutes non-coverage
Third example. I went to get a prescription filled, and had to wait. While I waited I observed how many people were surprised at the high prices and took out their frustration on the pharmacy clerk. I waited a long time and they had about 30 customers. Of the 30, 10 were obviously distressed by something. I assume much of it was the same problems I have observed; getting screwed by the insurance company.
The insurance companies receive a financial benefit if they refuse to pay. Very few people can switch simply because the company they work for selects the insurance, and there is not much in the way of choice anyway.
I don't want insurance, I want access to health care. I don't want to simply give my money to rich people for nothing in return.
I was hopeful when Obama started to reform health care. When the discussions started, and a number of doctors were trying to attend the meetings to push for single payer universal coverage, Obama had them arrested. Obama then caved to every demand from the GOP to set up a system which simply transfers wealth from workers to the rich. This system was designed by the Heritage foundation because of its advantage to the rich and the transfer of wealth it creates.
Bottom line, health insurance is a scam, designed to steal our money, and now we all have to simply hand over our wealth, and we get almost nothing for it. The insurance companies can keep raising their prices and covering less and less. This is not a solution, this is not a step in the right direction. It is a full blown scam. There is no wonder the stock prices of the insurance companies are still rising wildly.
Thanks, Don. Your critique of the health care system is illuminating. The term “Obama Care” was coined by right wing extremists who dislike Obama and his efforts to reform the health care system. Indeed je did make an effort to negotiate with Republicans who accepted his concessions and failed to offer anything in return, those who explicitly made it their agenda to do everything they could to keep him from getting elected to a send term. The result was a highly compromised mess that still needs to be fixed. I agree completely that we need to cut out the insurance companies and have a single (not of profit) payer system. I strongly disagree about blaming “Obama Care” as if to blame the President. We need to move forward with health care reform. Working against meaningful reform, of course, are the health care and pharmaceutical lobbies. We need to push our senators and representatives to pass legislation that represents appropriate reform, not just focus on criticizing President Obama for his efforts or blaming the nebulas hypothetical construct that we call “Obama Care.”
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#118 Apr 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/aucontrai...

hahahahahahahahaha

Paris

#119 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/aucontrai...
hahahahahahahahaha
Why are you attaching a virus to your post. I knew you were toxic, but I guess you loons try to shut up any and all that show you for the fools you are.
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#120 Apr 27, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is au confraud's virus vd? aids? hepatitis? Was she a patient of that conservative dentist from tulsa? Does she HAVE teeth?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Paris

#121 Apr 28, 2013
You must work for Topix.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#122 Apr 28, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
coburn works for himself. So typical of a conservative deceptionalist two-face.

hahahahahahahaha
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#123 Apr 28, 2013
Kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Don. Your critique of the health care system is illuminating. The term “Obama Care” was coined by right wing extremists who dislike Obama and his efforts to reform the health care system. Indeed je did make an effort to negotiate with Republicans who accepted his concessions and failed to offer anything in return, those who explicitly made it their agenda to do everything they could to keep him from getting elected to a send term. The result was a highly compromised mess that still needs to be fixed. I agree completely that we need to cut out the insurance companies and have a single (not of profit) payer system. I strongly disagree about blaming “Obama Care” as if to blame the President. We need to move forward with health care reform. Working against meaningful reform, of course, are the health care and pharmaceutical lobbies. We need to push our senators and representatives to pass legislation that represents appropriate reform, not just focus on criticizing President Obama for his efforts or blaming the nebulas hypothetical construct that we call “Obama Care.”
Commie Care has caused more problems than it solved. We don't need 1,800 pages of nonsense for healthcare reform. I don't care about government healthcare in the first place because the healthcare government provides are financial failures. Why start another one?

But if we are to start a healthcare program for all, it only needs to be a four page bill. We need to get rid of all government programs so that everybody could be covered under one. It should be funded by a consumption tax that we all pay for. The rich will pay, the poor will pay, and the middle-class will pay. We all pay, and we all get covered.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#124 Apr 28, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions??? Oh, you mean the almost extinct vestige of a bygone day. They have almost no power now. That is why the middle class is history.
Nope, the middle-class is almost history because the American consumer won't support paying for their labor. Americans want cheap products and they don't care who makes them.

When Americans decide that product quality and support of their own working citizens are paramount to price, that's when the middle-class will make a rebound. Of course, don't expect to see that anytime soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A sign hangs outside of a Dick's Sporting Goods... Wed Globalism is Crime 216
News Panel recommends rezoning of land for proposed ... Mar 20 mark menser 1
News Milton Mayor poised to become the next Hazel Mc... (Aug '14) Mar '18 Gord brings lots ... 8
News Retailers fight for lower credit-card fees as b... Mar '18 is Tandia really ... 1
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... (May '16) Nov '17 cadescove99 110
News Mount Pleasant mayoral candidate Linda Page: To... (Oct '17) Nov '17 PJS 2
News Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Oct '17 John Cooper Sr 74