Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

Apr 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

The bill would empower states to require online retailers to collect state and local sales taxes for purchases made over the Internet.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 186 of186
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
conservative crapola

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great you can self-criticize. That's a big first step, beggar.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great you can self-criticize. That's a big first step, beggar.
Poor pookie, still having trouble being relevent. Too Bad So Sad. Wipe your chin.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't blame big bad corporations for that. Blame your colleges. They are the people who are truly ripping you off. My nephew graduated last year with a masters and has a great job. My niece is still in college but has a grand opportunity waiting for her at the Cleveland Clinic once she graduates.
They both took out loans, worked while in school, and my sister and ex-brother-in-law are saddled with college loans themselves. I know what you're talking about. My sister will be paying off those loans until she's retired.
I don't know what teachers pay where you're at, but over here, they are paid extremely well. One of my former tenants (now friend) is a teacher and brags at how well he's doing. But what strikes me about your post here is that you went into fields of work where there was no demand. That's how you wasted your money. My niece wanted to be a marine biologist. She loves dolphins. But we finally pounded it through her head that there is no demand for marine biologists. So she shifted her focus on medical where there is always plenty of work.
I knew this girl that went to college for four years. Her parents paid for it. She went to college for photography. Photography. She wasted four years of her life and parents money to learn how to take pictures.
Back in the early 80's, I went to a trade school for electronics. I went because the company I worked for wanted me to have a degree in electronics, so I went. They paid for it, but working 50 hours a week and attending school at night was not easy. I also knew there was little work outside of my company that needed people with an associates degree or FCC license.
Yes, the schools always tell you of the Grand Opportunity, if you just graduate. Then you find out there is one job for 150,000 graduates, and that job is going to the CEOs grandson.

The statement was that opportunity is gone. A person can win the lottery, and surely some do, but it is very rare; certainly not a good life plan.

My teaching salary, which was the state average in 1972 was the state average for the year. I taught high school math, with 7 classes, about 20 students in each class. To be a good math teacher, you have to have your students practice their problem solving skills, so I gave homework every night. Which means the next night, I have 140 papers to grade; prior to preparing for the next days presentations. There is no point in going on if your students don't understand yesterday's lectures. It ended up that I worked all day making presentations, interacting with students, and all night grading papers and preparing for the next day. After calculating the number of hours I was working, and the wage I was receiving, it was less than minimum wage. I had college loans to pay for, so I could not afford to teach at such low wages.

I went back to school, took out more loans and got a degree in engineering. That paid better, but it meant working for a dysfunctional corporation. I spent 15 years working at a company who had good contacts with the government, and simply accepted corporate welfare. While there were some interesting projects to work on, there were no commercial products. My division had 5 levels of management between me and the guy at the top when I started. When I left, there were only 2, not because of any promotions, but because they reduced management and in 15 years, no one ever got promoted beyond one level.

There is no opportunity. You can claim that some guy somewhere got a job as a carpet layer for some corporation, working at a little better than min wage, but you can't show significant opportunity for millions of people. Start your own company is a joke, like telling the guy who has been looking daily for a job for decades, with multiple degrees, "get a job."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the schools always tell you of the Grand Opportunity, if you just graduate. Then you find out there is one job for 150,000 graduates, and that job is going to the CEOs grandson.
The statement was that opportunity is gone. A person can win the lottery, and surely some do, but it is very rare; certainly not a good life plan.
My teaching salary, which was the state average in 1972 was the state average for the year. I taught high school math, with 7 classes, about 20 students in each class. To be a good math teacher, you have to have your students practice their problem solving skills, so I gave homework every night. Which means the next night, I have 140 papers to grade; prior to preparing for the next days presentations. There is no point in going on if your students don't understand yesterday's lectures. It ended up that I worked all day making presentations, interacting with students, and all night grading papers and preparing for the next day. After calculating the number of hours I was working, and the wage I was receiving, it was less than minimum wage. I had college loans to pay for, so I could not afford to teach at such low wages.
I went back to school, took out more loans and got a degree in engineering. That paid better, but it meant working for a dysfunctional corporation. I spent 15 years working at a company who had good contacts with the government, and simply accepted corporate welfare. While there were some interesting projects to work on, there were no commercial products. My division had 5 levels of management between me and the guy at the top when I started. When I left, there were only 2, not because of any promotions, but because they reduced management and in 15 years, no one ever got promoted beyond one level.
There is no opportunity. You can claim that some guy somewhere got a job as a carpet layer for some corporation, working at a little better than min wage, but you can't show significant opportunity for millions of people. Start your own company is a joke, like telling the guy who has been looking daily for a job for decades, with multiple degrees, "get a job."
Life's a bitch, but we are all responsible for our decisions and are accountable for our actions..........unless you are a liberal.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
And because teabeggar went off the head and wouldn't get off their asses last November, Obama reigns supreme. You are a sorry lot.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
And because teabeggar went off the head and wouldn't get off their asses last November, Obama reigns supreme. You are a sorry lot.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Dang, you almost nailed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 186 of186
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Box Retailers Discussions

Search the Big Box Retailers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Day Worker Center celebrates first year Apr 14 John Colby 5
Police wearing city pride on their chests for a... Apr 9 Abby 1
Should city code restricting signs apply to 'Pr... (Jun '13) Mar '14 Roman1 3
Newsstand: July 2, 2013 Mar '14 real issues real people 1
Kadner: A big hole for Crestwood TIF fund Feb '14 Jack - Crestwood 12
Report on Bolton land-use dispute surfaces Feb '14 Bar no one 1
On the Agenda: What's Next for Vacant Aspen Hil... Feb '14 Laurie 2
•••
•••