Antioch Council OKs Walmart expansion

Antioch Council OKs Walmart expansion

There are 3 comments on the Brentwood Press story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Antioch Council OKs Walmart expansion. In it, Brentwood Press reports that:

Walmart spokeswoman Angela Stone talks to Antioch City Council members on Tuesday about the positives of the store's expansion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brentwood Press.

stampy

Fremont, CA

#1 Oct 1, 2010
Peoples votes don't seem to matter around here. This has to stop. they need to make these choices not on elected officials who give themselves a double raise in their salary. It should be a vote of the citizens. If people chose not to vote then they give up their right to whine. But to have one or two individuals who make the choices for us and vote in such a horrible thing makes me wonder if kick-backs are involved. One form or another if not in the form of money. Yeah.. lets make a store equivalent to a 30 story high office building in square footage so we can put Raileys, Lucky's and Safeway out of business. Oh well.. those stores have become corrupted in their own policies. So I guess the PC machine fails again. but remember.. No competition and you can raise your prices as much as you like. only the quality will be a joke. And the shoppers at walmart will be the kind of people you would see ... well I guess the kind of people you would see at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Brian

Oakland, CA

#2 Oct 10, 2010
Exactly what you said...no competion and the stores around here charge what they want....Thats why I shop in Dixon at their walmart when i drive back from Sac....My ice cream may be mealted, but at least I saved half on my stuff.....
Were all suffering

Torrance, CA

#3 Oct 10, 2010
My problem with WalMart. 90 percent of parking is taken up already. Where will their customers park if they nearly double the store size? They will take parking spaces away from the smaller businesses like OSH hardware. Why not turn WalMart into a warehouse store. Hire people at decent wages (at least 16 an hour with benefits) to work an assembly line for shipping products ordered off of the Internet. And in the front, keep a smaller store for shoppers. this way they wont monopolize on the cities other smaller businesses and their sales. Just a suggestion. but big corporations use corrupted government to destroy an already failing economy. They don't care about Americans. now it's globalism. And some crackpot wants to socialize the rest of the nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren Buffett Knows Something About Walmart Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News Facts shed light on the folly of hoarding bulbs... (Jun '11) Nov '16 Moonbeam 4
News Chambers Filled For Conyers' Appointment to Pit... Sep '16 Lynn 2
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Jul '16 Walter 29
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul '16 Sam 92
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... (May '16) Jul '16 Hillary liar liar 109
News Opinions divided, politely, over gay pride marc... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Logic Analysis 5
More from around the web