Wal-Mart in Granite Falls?

Full story: Hickory Daily Record

GRANITE FALLS - Wal-Mart may be coming to Granite Falls. Lauth Property Group, based in Indiana, has the option to purchase a 125-acre site near the intersection of U.S. 321 and New Farm Road, owned by Ray and ...

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 149 of149
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
john

Princeton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

couldnt care less about dunkin donuts. they are plain nasty!
drd

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

yes duncan donuts and in the feild beside it a home depot
Walmart Employee

Granite Falls, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

WALMART EMPLOYEE GRANITE wrote:
I JUST WNT TO SAY THAT I HAVE WORKED AT WALMART IN GRANITE SINCE SET UP. I HAVE WORKED IN OTHER PLACES IN THE PAST THAT ARE NASTY........NO AIR CONDITION....TALKED TO LIKE A DOG.......AND MADE TO FEEL WORTHLESS......
WELL AT WALMART IN GRANITE.....WE HAVE A NICE CHRISTIAN MAN AS OUR MANAGER WITH A VERY NICE CLEAN STORE ....THAT IS AIR CONDITIONED WITH A NICE BREAK ROOM........WE ALSO HAVE CLEAN RESTROOMS AND SOMETIMES WE GET TREATED WIH FRESH DOUGHNUTS FROM BAKERY........OH YEAH.DONT FORGET THE HOUR FOR LUNCH........DID I TELL YOU WE MAKE A DOLLAR MORE ON THE HOUR FOR WORKING AT NIGHT AND ON SUNDAYS........NOT TO MENTION BENEFITS SUCH AS DISCOUNT CARD THAT CAN BE USED AT ANY WALMART.......INSURANCE.....AN D LETS NOT FORGET SICK TIME YOU EARN FOR GOOD ATTENDANCE..........
I JUST CANT THINK OF ANOTHER THAT OFFERS ALL THESE THINGS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES..........I DRIVE 6 MILES TO WORK AND IM SAVING ALL THAT MONEY ON GAS NOW........NO MORE DRIVING TO HICKORY FOR ME........
I've been with Walmart in Granite Falls for quite awhile now, and for the life of me, can't figure out who posted this!! I don't know of anyone there who is happy with their job!!! For one, Walmart is working on a ratio of 80% partime to 20% fulltime (which consists of mgmt only!), which means that the store is severely UNDERSTAFFED and all employees, especially the ones who will work(and don't have to be 'babysat' as one manager put it to me one day) have to do 2 and 3 people's jobs. Then people wonder why, when we are asked to help them, they aren't greeted with a friendly smile!! I often have to work 2 departments a day, due to staffing or I should say nonstaffing purposes! And another of my quips is, when customers see us dressed in Walmart attire, a badge around our necks, and vigorously working why does the need arise to ask us "Excuse me, do you work here?". That gets really old after awhile..and always prompts a look of "duh" in response from me! We work for wages often, that a teenager would make at McDonalds..and we have mortgages, car payments, insurance(because Walmart gives us no benefits when we are just considered parttime, even though we are worked all the hours possible just to keep us short of fulltime!), utilities to pay, and families to take care of! So would you be happy in a scenario such as this? Walk a mile in our shoes before you decide to judge us. This job is just temporary for me, as soon as something better comes up (which would be just about anything other than Walmart), I'm so out of there!
grouchoparx

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

A recent story in the Republican Talking Points Journal says that the corporation is negotiating a merger with Chin Chang in China and will be employing illegals of all nationalities in the US to avoid taxation, and will even be paying the relocation expenses for these future employees to move into all white neighborhoods in compliance with the goal of One World Government and a last gasp effort to slow down global warming. Careful what you wish for.
parforthecourse

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Walmart Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been with Walmart in Granite Falls for quite awhile now, and for the life of me, can't figure out who posted this!! I don't know of anyone there who is happy with their job!!! For one, Walmart is working on a ratio of 80% partime to 20% fulltime (which consists of mgmt only!), which means that the store is severely UNDERSTAFFED and all employees, especially the ones who will work(and don't have to be 'babysat' as one manager put it to me one day) have to do 2 and 3 people's jobs. Then people wonder why, when we are asked to help them, they aren't greeted with a friendly smile!! I often have to work 2 departments a day, due to staffing or I should say nonstaffing purposes! And another of my quips is, when customers see us dressed in Walmart attire, a badge around our necks, and vigorously working why does the need arise to ask us "Excuse me, do you work here?". That gets really old after awhile..and always prompts a look of "duh" in response from me! We work for wages often, that a teenager would make at McDonalds..and we have mortgages, car payments, insurance(because Walmart gives us no benefits when we are just considered parttime, even though we are worked all the hours possible just to keep us short of fulltime!), utilities to pay, and families to take care of! So would you be happy in a scenario such as this? Walk a mile in our shoes before you decide to judge us. This job is just temporary for me, as soon as something better comes up (which would be just about anything other than Walmart), I'm so out of there!
I've met a few walmart employees like you....always too grumpy to help a customer, standing around bitching about your job where customers can here your nasty mouth. You knew how much you would be paid when you were hired. If you don't like serving the public, then shut your mouth and go home.
You look down on customers as if they are stupid? Really? Well honey you're the one working at Walmart!
BOSS HOG TALK

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

At least the white trailor trash child beater Mary P Hodges doesnt work there.I know over 100 people that would go somewhere else if she ever did.loved by no one and hated by ALLLLLLLLL.
Give A Hoot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

How about a Hooters?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Seldom Scene wrote:
If Wal-mart were to open a store in Granite Falls, it would stay packed all the time. It'd be a convenient place for people to shop, provide lots of jobs(granted, not really high paying ones... but jobs nonetheless), and might attract other businesses.
Housewife, I'm with you on the beer thing.
did u know that a couple of months back walmart let a lot of ppl go so they could bring in cheaper ppl to work less hours ? i hate those money hunger s.o.b's and NO I HAVE NEVER worked for them nor would i. i knew/know too many ppl who have/do and they are treated like crap.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Walmart Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
that is also what i was told. i understand you because i also work at a store which does the same. i guess it is all about who you know or who u r doing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 149 of149
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Box Retailers Discussions

Search the Big Box Retailers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Day Worker Center celebrates first year Apr 14 John Colby 5
Police wearing city pride on their chests for a... Apr 9 Abby 1
Should city code restricting signs apply to 'Pr... (Jun '13) Mar '14 Roman1 3
Newsstand: July 2, 2013 Mar '14 real issues real people 1
Kadner: A big hole for Crestwood TIF fund Feb '14 Jack - Crestwood 12
Report on Bolton land-use dispute surfaces Feb '14 Bar no one 1
On the Agenda: What's Next for Vacant Aspen Hil... Feb '14 Laurie 2
•••
•••