Wal-Mart in Granite Falls?

Full story: Hickory Daily Record

GRANITE FALLS - Wal-Mart may be coming to Granite Falls. Lauth Property Group, based in Indiana, has the option to purchase a 125-acre site near the intersection of U.S. 321 and New Farm Road, owned by Ray and ...

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Sarge

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

Judged:

Chinas biggest customer wrote:
80% of walmart goods come from China. We are trading our jobs for low prices.... http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
Commonly referred to as "the high cost, of low prices"...
KitKat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

housewife wrote:
I want a Duncan Donuts!(while we're wishing):) Starbucks too...why not!
I could go for a Duncan Donuts too.
Usa Gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2007

Judged:

The Sarge wrote:
<quoted text>
Commonly referred to as "the high cost, of low prices"...
Good one Yogi Sarge
The Sarge

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Usa Gal wrote:
<quoted text>Good one Yogi Sarge
The sad part is, it's not a joke.......
The Sarge

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Report: China halts export of bead toys tainted with toxic drug

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/11/09/t ...

The toy had recently crested Wal-Mart's list of top 12 Christmas toys.
kyle

Cornelius, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

it is the best thing granite falls has ever had!
Rico

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

questions2 wrote:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/ frontline/shows/walmart/
There are many reasons to not want Wall Mart in town. Look at the above site and check out the rest of the Wall Mart story. You may just change your mind.
No they won't, reading these posts is bring back so many memories, Like the fight against prisons, wow, the'll never build one in my back yard, etc...When the jobs left, the folks demanded prisons for their neighborhood, anything for a job, good or bad, what's the diff?..Manipulation, so mind changing, Walmarts will destroy every mom and pop business in the area, but you'll still defend Walmart to the death...The more you shop at walMart the more you'll learn to hate it, mark my words, this is a fact...
Rico

Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

Judged:

gth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this on how they pay. However, many local politicians are "convinced $$$" and unless the public/citizens stop them they will probably give in.
http://www.topix.com/state/ks/2007/07/forget-...
Lets talk taxes, the big incentive to cities with a WalMart is that collecting taxes becomes so much more cost effective, once the mom & pops are gone that no-hassel tax payment to the cty is so welcome, you have to realize that collecting taxes is like pulling teeth, all kinds of excuses, months behind etc., with wallmart, things just got a lot easier...And WalMart will bring their buddy along, Lowes...Politicians are lazy, this is easy!
babblethis

Nags Head, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2008

who could even think of eating with that smell lurking around there...it stinks to high heaven...and turns my stomach just passing threw on my way to work...i heard its a turkey farm and then i heard a horse farm..whatever it is...IT STINKS!
WALMART EMPLOYEE GRANITE

Pelzer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

I JUST WNT TO SAY THAT I HAVE WORKED AT WALMART IN GRANITE SINCE SET UP. I HAVE WORKED IN OTHER PLACES IN THE PAST THAT ARE NASTY........NO AIR CONDITION....TALKED TO LIKE A DOG.......AND MADE TO FEEL WORTHLESS......
WELL AT WALMART IN GRANITE.....WE HAVE A NICE CHRISTIAN MAN AS OUR MANAGER WITH A VERY NICE CLEAN STORE ....THAT IS AIR CONDITIONED WITH A NICE BREAK ROOM........WE ALSO HAVE CLEAN RESTROOMS AND SOMETIMES WE GET TREATED WIH FRESH DOUGHNUTS FROM BAKERY........OH YEAH.DONT FORGET THE HOUR FOR LUNCH........DID I TELL YOU WE MAKE A DOLLAR MORE ON THE HOUR FOR WORKING AT NIGHT AND ON SUNDAYS........NOT TO MENTION BENEFITS SUCH AS DISCOUNT CARD THAT CAN BE USED AT ANY WALMART.......INSURANCE.....AN D LETS NOT FORGET SICK TIME YOU EARN FOR GOOD ATTENDANCE..........
I JUST CANT THINK OF ANOTHER THAT OFFERS ALL THESE THINGS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES..........I DRIVE 6 MILES TO WORK AND IM SAVING ALL THAT MONEY ON GAS NOW........NO MORE DRIVING TO HICKORY FOR ME........
love my job

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

WALMART EMPLOYEE GRANITE wrote:
I JUST WNT TO SAY THAT I HAVE WORKED AT WALMART IN GRANITE SINCE SET UP. I HAVE WORKED IN OTHER PLACES IN THE PAST THAT ARE NASTY........NO AIR CONDITION....TALKED TO LIKE A DOG.......AND MADE TO FEEL WORTHLESS......
WELL AT WALMART IN GRANITE.....WE HAVE A NICE CHRISTIAN MAN AS OUR MANAGER WITH A VERY NICE CLEAN STORE ....THAT IS AIR CONDITIONED WITH A NICE BREAK ROOM........WE ALSO HAVE CLEAN RESTROOMS AND SOMETIMES WE GET TREATED WIH FRESH DOUGHNUTS FROM BAKERY........OH YEAH.DONT FORGET THE HOUR FOR LUNCH........DID I TELL YOU WE MAKE A DOLLAR MORE ON THE HOUR FOR WORKING AT NIGHT AND ON SUNDAYS........NOT TO MENTION BENEFITS SUCH AS DISCOUNT CARD THAT CAN BE USED AT ANY WALMART.......INSURANCE.....AN D LETS NOT FORGET SICK TIME YOU EARN FOR GOOD ATTENDANCE..........
I JUST CANT THINK OF ANOTHER THAT OFFERS ALL THESE THINGS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES..........I DRIVE 6 MILES TO WORK AND IM SAVING ALL THAT MONEY ON GAS NOW........NO MORE DRIVING TO HICKORY FOR ME........
Well, some of us work at Walmart's competitor and we get all of that, except we get fresh Krispy Kreme donuts, cookouts, and catered meals at busy times (like black Friday), and for employee appreciation. We get paid holidays and 401k contribution too. I love my store and my job!
Just Wondering

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

love my job wrote:
<quoted text>Well, some of us work at Walmart's competitor and we get all of that, except we get fresh Krispy Kreme donuts, cookouts, and catered meals at busy times (like black Friday), and for employee appreciation. We get paid holidays and 401k contribution too. I love my store and my job!
Well, don't just leave us hanging!(LOL) Where is this wonder place? I need to tell my daughter.

Since: Jan 08

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Well, don't just leave us hanging!(LOL) Where is this wonder place? I need to tell my daughter.
Has to be Target?
Just Wondering

Pomaria, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

Could be.
love my job

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Fuhgettahbowdit wrote:
<quoted text>
Has to be Target?
ding, ding, ding
Just Wondering

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Judged:

love my job wrote:
<quoted text>ding, ding, ding
LOL! I'll pass this along. Thanks.
very happy now

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

i have worked at Wal-Mart since set up. Wonderful place to work. Have worked at a few other places close around and not been treated very nice at those places. I talk to alot of people that use to be your customers that are now customers of Wal-Marts. Better open your eyes. You don't treat people like dogs and get away with it forever. Someday the good lord will take things away from you.
love my job

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

very happy now wrote:
i have worked at Wal-Mart since set up. Wonderful place to work. Have worked at a few other places close around and not been treated very nice at those places. I talk to alot of people that use to be your customers that are now customers of Wal-Marts. Better open your eyes. You don't treat people like dogs and get away with it forever. Someday the good lord will take things away from you.
I can't imagine why anyone would rather shop at Wal Mart, but that's my opinion. The difference between Wal Mart and Target is like the difference between apples and oranges, you get a sour one in either, every once in awhile. I once asked an associate at Wal Mart where something was and you would have thought I just asked her to lick my shoes. She was very rude and gave me a vague location so I asked her to show me where "over there" was exactly. That really ripped her! Anyway I don't own Target, so I don't look for the Lord to take it away from me. Enjoy your job, I know I do!
donut head

Maiden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

has anybody heard anything about dunkin donuts coming to hickory
DHU

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

this is a granite post,, not hickory !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of149
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Box Retailers Discussions

Search the Big Box Retailers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Walmart store plan divides Ballston residents Jun 21 Bonnie 1
The Poor Shouldn't Have To Bear The Cost Of Sol... Jun 18 Alison Young 4
Southfield rejects plans for Walmart store (Feb '13) May '14 idjet 6
What Wal-Mart prefers to keep secret May '14 streamline means job loss 1
Chicago Approves Ban On Plastic Shopping Bags May '14 Guest 1
Day Worker Center celebrates first year Apr '14 John Colby 5
Police wearing city pride on their chests for a... Apr '14 Abby 1
•••
•••