Johnson Controls zoning change rejected

Johnson Controls zoning change rejected

There are 27 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Johnson Controls zoning change rejected. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

The Select Board unanimously approved the town plan Monday after a trio of board members were unsuccessful in their attempt to change the zoning of a long-dormant property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
M Lincourt

Middlebury, VT

#21 Oct 13, 2010
They should look inot moving Walmart on Main Street. Perhaps at old middle school site.

“Proud American and Vermonter”

Since: Feb 09

Bennington

#22 Oct 13, 2010
TruthTellert wrote:
<quoted text>
What past is that? Its about the only site left in Bennington with rail access. Are you really trying to claim that no one who needs a rail connection will ever come to Bennington? What 900 number did you call for that?
PS: The clean up cost for commercial use is beyond what anyone could recover from sales. The owner is trying everything to get rid of it -- except properly trying to package and sell it.
And I will ask you the same question that I asked Lodie Colvin about a month ago. How long do we sit on that land waiting for something industrial to come in and buy that land? Another 18,30,50,100 years. How long is to long to sit on it and hope? Why not just rezone it C/I and open it up for both possibilities.
seriously

Skowhegan, ME

#23 Oct 14, 2010
Truth teller how in the world do you know what the owner of that property is doing to package it? You seam to know everything thing else. Maybe you could "package" the property and sell it...And this not the first year Gladstone has had the property on the market. Its been for sale for a number of years.
On a different note, Stu Hurd always said the Benmont Ave. paper mill property would be more valuable torn down and that is still for sale and vacant..How many years has that been?
TruthTellert

Middlebury, VT

#24 Oct 14, 2010
WhosNext wrote:
Is this TruthTellert someone famous that we should know? Talk about a know it all.
I just tell truths -- and it makes most of you wannabee's whine.
Bandit

Bennington, VT

#25 Oct 14, 2010
TruthTellert wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you trying to tell us that ground polluted sites can not be cleaned up?
They can be cleaned up but the liability for whatever was there stays with all owners. JCI cleaned it up based on the regulations at the time.
Stewie

South Hadley, MA

#26 Oct 14, 2010
TruthTellert you just run it which makes us all laugh at you.
Bandit

Bennington, VT

#27 Oct 15, 2010
WhosNext wrote:
Is this TruthTellert someone famous that we should know? Talk about a know it all.
He must be Dean's driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Floyd Co. Schools To Dismiss Early For Eclipse 5 hr Truth 1
News Milton Mayor poised to become the next Hazel Mc... (Aug '14) Jul 22 easy with slots cash 7
News What is a painting worth? Rockwell director coo... Jul 21 Blind Willie McDill 1
News Retail armageddon: More bankruptcies in four mo... Jun '17 Zombies 1
News Why are there no black-owned grocery stores in ... May '17 watching livonia 36
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... (May '16) Apr '17 Dawn 109
News Amazon's Ultimatum to City of East Palo Alto: C... Mar '17 dinerdash2001 1
More from around the web