Olive Garden stirs Las Cruces appetities

There are 20 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Olive Garden stirs Las Cruces appetities. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Have you caught the Olive Garden fever? Does the phrase "breadsticks" overheard at the water cooler cause your ears to prick up? For years, snatches of conversation could be heard all around town: "The manager at the restaurant in El Paso told me that they are ready to build one up here," was an oft-repeated sentiment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Florida Maller

Lexington Park, MD

#117 Mar 5, 2010
BottleRocket wrote:
Microwaved lasagna for the lemmings
enjoy your microwaved lemmings.
Florida Maller

Lexington Park, MD

#118 Mar 5, 2010
Zin a little wrote:
<quoted text>
National chains WAY safer? Are you on crack???
The only safe bet you will get with a national chain restaurant is that your food will come as a mass produced frozen blob, get a run through the old microwave and then be slopped onto your plate. Save yourself the money and the hassle and get some Chef Boyardee if you think Olive Garden is so great.
what kind of idiot compares Olive Garden to Chef Boyardee?
Florida Maller

Lexington Park, MD

#119 Mar 5, 2010
A LC food eater says wrote:
Have you tried the Green Chile Lasagna at Lorenzo's It is excellant, Compared to the Cold Lasagna at the Olive Garden in El Paso. I will choose Lorenzo's any time!
It's your own fault you ordered Cold Lasagna, is that actually the menu?
Florida Maller

Lexington Park, MD

#120 Mar 5, 2010
Scott wrote:
The Olive Garden is a prime source for food poisoning. This chain of restaraunts has a record of being close do to poor food handling, vermin, bugs, and food poisoning. They will be a favorite of the health department here. Just as bad as any Asian dump if not worse. But hey, the fat people will love it!!
what do the dumb people like yourself love?
lcnative

Searcy, AR

#121 Mar 5, 2010
I am betting Cracker Barrel is your all-time favorite place to eat. People who are not even close to being from around here and are used to eating food with no flavor have a hard time adjusting to actual "taste". Don't worry, your body will adjust. As for your mind, well, it's truly a terrible thing to waste.
Projectile Diarrhea wrote:
Carrillo's is gross and nasty, and MOST of these mexican places in this town WILL DEFINITELY give you the runs, the shitts, projectile diarrhea, whatever you would like to call it.
JNNM

Albuquerque, NM

#122 Mar 5, 2010
lcnative wrote:
I am betting Cracker Barrel is your all-time favorite place to eat. People who are not even close to being from around here and are used to eating food with no flavor have a hard time adjusting to actual "taste". Don't worry, your body will adjust. As for your mind, well, it's truly a terrible thing to waste.
<quoted text>
LOL! Exactly, what a numb nut that poster is. Along with the Cracker Barrel, I'd bet that Taco Hell is their favorite Mexcian food establishment too!
A LC food eater says

Las Cruces, NM

#123 Mar 5, 2010
Can I order the pasta extra cold, please!(Olive Garden)
saywuuuuuuut

El Paso, TX

#124 Mar 5, 2010
Oblio wrote:
Curious how they never manage to talk about the large number of restaurants and other businesses that have gone, or are going out of business in this dump. Sometimes a 'bigger' name will get a mention, but otherwise, forget it...example, the nice little Greek place on University, Santorini's.
I always give up hope for humanity when I drive by McDonald's and see cars lined up, many cars lined up, at the drive-thru window.
What have we become?
Real restaurants are expensive. If we're going by quality, in hell paso, carino's is a lot better than any olive garden, but also more expensive. I'm all for fast, cheap italian food, just tell me where to go.
awesomonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#125 Mar 5, 2010
Nice wrote:
All I can say is great. More competition should keep the price hikes down. Just keep hoping that they begin to expand out towards the East Mesa on 70 because, it is a pain in the gas tank to keep traveling into town to do and buy everything.
But you fking MOVED there, knowing there wasn't the generic strip mall type development you apparently crave in your life. Why would you move where there are no stores or restaurants and then b1tch about it?
awesomonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#126 Mar 5, 2010
lcnative wrote:
I am betting Cracker Barrel is your all-time favorite place to eat. People who are not even close to being from around here and are used to eating food with no flavor have a hard time adjusting to actual "taste". Don't worry, your body will adjust. As for your mind, well, it's truly a terrible thing to waste.
<quoted text>
There's no need to drag Cracker Barrel into this! If there are other places that serve sausage gravy and biscuits throughout their business hours, please name them.
LMFAO

Farmington, NM

#127 Mar 5, 2010
lcnative wrote:
I am betting Cracker Barrel is your all-time favorite place to eat. People who are not even close to being from around here and are used to eating food with no flavor have a hard time adjusting to actual "taste". Don't worry, your body will adjust. As for your mind, well, it's truly a terrible thing to waste.
<quoted text>
Why does everyone aorund here rave and rave about all these mexican dumps? What's so damn great about that slop? Most of them places are filthy and the food is putrid. You people obviously have never been outside the little "bubble" of LC or you'd know what good food is. LMFAO @ Crcker Barrel being your favorite restaurant!
The Runs

Las Cruces, NM

#128 Mar 6, 2010
I'm gonna wait till things settle down for a while when the restraunt first opens, before I give OG a secound chance. The employees are gonna be new and inexperianced, therefore since I'm expecting a rush of people. I believe the employee's will be running like chickrens with thier heads cuts off. This will not be good for me, since my OG experiances were not so good and my girl friend wants me to give OG a secound chance.
awesomonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#129 Mar 6, 2010
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does everyone aorund here rave and rave about all these mexican dumps? What's so damn great about that slop? Most of them places are filthy and the food is putrid. You people obviously have never been outside the little "bubble" of LC or you'd know what good food is. LMFAO @ Crcker Barrel being your favorite restaurant!
You can rant all you like about how much you don't like the food, how you feel it's not up to your refined standards, and how you don't like food cooked by brown people

but when you start acting like all these opinions are laws of nature, like anybody who doesn't feel the same way is just too provincial

well, then you just make yourself look boorish.
notwitha165chick Runs

Glendale, AZ

#130 Mar 6, 2010
The Runs wrote:
I'm gonna wait till things settle down for a while when the restraunt first opens, before I give OG a secound chance. The employees are gonna be new and inexperianced, therefore since I'm expecting a rush of people. I believe the employee's will be running like chickrens with thier heads cuts off. This will not be good for me, since my OG experiances were not so good and my girl friend wants me to give OG a secound chance.
Actually, this is the best time to go. The Wall St. restaurants hire enough people for two grand openings for the first six months, then, when the novelty wears off and sales plumet, you'll be boiling the water and getting your own bread sticks.
LMFAO Again

Albuquerque, NM

#131 Mar 6, 2010
awesomonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You can rant all you like about how much you don't like the food, how you feel it's not up to your refined standards, and how you don't like food cooked by brown people
but when you start acting like all these opinions are laws of nature, like anybody who doesn't feel the same way is just too provincial
well, then you just make yourself look boorish.
Sorry you feel that way, but don't hate me just because I'm better than you. Eventually things will start looking up for you, don't despair. They certainly can't get any worse!
lcnative

Ashland, OH

#132 Mar 6, 2010
I only named them as I couldn't think of another place I had eaten at once and thought it was flavorless. Why would you go to a restaurant for biscuits and gravy?
awesomonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to drag Cracker Barrel into this! If there are other places that serve sausage gravy and biscuits throughout their business hours, please name them.
awesomonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#134 Mar 9, 2010
lcnative wrote:
I only named them as I couldn't think of another place I had eaten at once and thought it was flavorless. Why would you go to a restaurant for biscuits and gravy?
<quoted text>
Ah, you caught me being lazy. Also, I'm fairly inept in kitchen situations.
awesomonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#135 Mar 9, 2010
LMFAO Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you feel that way, but don't hate me just because I'm better than you. Eventually things will start looking up for you, don't despair. They certainly can't get any worse!
The only thing more funny than handing someone their arse in an exchange of insults

is watching them pretend it didn't happen

Nice try, though. For a toddler.:D
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

#136 Mar 9, 2010
The Runs wrote:
I'm gonna wait till things settle down for a while when the restraunt first opens, before I give OG a secound chance. The employees are gonna be new and inexperianced, therefore since I'm expecting a rush of people. I believe the employee's will be running like chickrens with thier heads cuts off. This will not be good for me, since my OG experiances were not so good and my girl friend wants me to give OG a secound chance.
Craked me up on the name!

Well I hate to tell you, but you'll be disappointed again I promise!

Try a nice evening meal at Si Italian Bistro with that girl once you've been reminded of what the OG is/does/etc.
tom sweet

Albuquerque, NM

#137 May 8, 2011
i hate olive garden noone should ever eat there...EVER!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OUR Walmart Demands Chain Pay $15/Hr., While UF... May 3 rapunzel 5
News Evolving awareness is cause for same-sex-marria... Apr 25 Lawrence Wolf 13
News Indiana religious objections law slammed on soc... Apr 16 NorCal Native 242
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... Mar '15 Long_Live_Freedom 5
News Indiana officials look to stem religious object... Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 69
News Walmart opens in Suisun City with 3 mayors, 4-f... Mar '15 Iamsid 2
News Arkansas governor says he'd sign religious prot... Mar '15 Fa-Foxy 19
More from around the web