Olive Garden stirs Las Cruces appetities

Olive Garden stirs Las Cruces appetities

There are 125 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Olive Garden stirs Las Cruces appetities. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Have you caught the Olive Garden fever? Does the phrase "breadsticks" overheard at the water cooler cause your ears to prick up? For years, snatches of conversation could be heard all around town: "The manager at the restaurant in El Paso told me that they are ready to build one up here," was an oft-repeated sentiment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Anthony NM

El Paso, TX

#23 Mar 1, 2010
Skinnage wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how some low life can turn a discussion about a restaurant opening into a soap box for the rights of a group of sick, immoral individuals. Instead of complaining, open up a boutique restaurant for the gay and lesbian community.
Solution: Open up a "Christian" - only restaurant chain! That way you can eat with your own small-minded bigoted friends. Lets call it "Holy Guacamole".
hehe

Surprise, AZ

#24 Mar 1, 2010
wow people really hate the gay community so sad :(
NM Backpacker

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Mar 1, 2010
"A lot of people have their own niche," Vaccaro said. "(Olive Garden has) the corporate type of food as opposed to the mom-and-pop type; you can't get my food anywhere else in the country."

hahaha...lorenzo's serves up sysco pre-made food. you can get that stuff ANYWHERE in the country.

Since: Nov 09

Encino, NM

#26 Mar 1, 2010
What about the people building the Olive Garden?? Cmon Brooke lets give the " Guys " some credit. Smith & Aguirre Construction is doing the site work, allowing about 20 people to continue working and pumping money into the community. Select Builders is doing the building, and they are employing over 50 people to help support OUR struggling economy. There you go Brooke, some real reporting!!
Just Curious

Gallup, NM

#27 Mar 1, 2010
Smartguy wrote:
<quoted text> ,,and always with the dumass steinborn agents comments
I agree. Sick of hearing Steinborn agents and their Owners.
Some Guy

Las Cruces, NM

#28 Mar 1, 2010
I cannot believe the hype or media coverage for a franchise that serves frozen dinners!

Olive Garden is owned by Darden restaurants. From their web site:

Darden Restaurants, Inc.,(NYSE: DRI) headquartered in Orlando, Fla., is the world’s largest company-owned and operated restaurant company with over $7 billion in annual sales and through subsidiaries, the company employs approximately 180,000 employees. Through subsidiaries, the Company owns and operates more than 1,700 restaurants including Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52.
Some Guy

Las Cruces, NM

#29 Mar 1, 2010
Anthony NM wrote:
<quoted text>
Supposedly, they have changed their policies since the original incidents that caused the homophobic charges. ANY business that would openly discriminate against ANY segment of the population is only hurting themselves. For many years, I would avoid Cracker Barrel, but they also changed over the years. Yes, we all vote with our pocketbooks, and most businesses realize this - even Chico's Tacos! http://queercents.com/2006/11/22/boycotting-h...
I worked at Red Lobster 24 years ago, and several male servers were gay. I always thought that the hospitality industry was popular with and accepting of gays.
George

Las Cruces, NM

#30 Mar 1, 2010
Darden Restaurants, Inc.,(NYSE: DRI) headquartered in Orlando, Fla., is the world’s largest company-owned and operated restaurant company with over $7 billion in annual sales and through subsidiaries, the company employs approximately 180,000 employees. Through subsidiaries, the Company owns and operates more than 1,700 restaurants including Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52.
frijole

United States

#31 Mar 1, 2010
When they gonna build a Chico's Tacos here?
Zin a little

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Mar 1, 2010
Lorenzos wrote:
Well, Lorenzo's better clean up their freaking restaurant. Health Violations? National chains are WAY safer, and to be honest, competition is just what we need. I think the location sucks though, I would have put it on the corner of telshor and university.
National chains WAY safer? Are you on crack???

The only safe bet you will get with a national chain restaurant is that your food will come as a mass produced frozen blob, get a run through the old microwave and then be slopped onto your plate. Save yourself the money and the hassle and get some Chef Boyardee if you think Olive Garden is so great.
anotherglassofwa ter

Glendale, AZ

#33 Mar 1, 2010
Master Debater wrote:
Good grief, what's this, story #842 on the subject? Enough already. A 4 sentence update in the "what's new" section would suffice.
Amen! Another glass of water should wash all those stories down. Oh, and more breadsticks.
morewater

Glendale, AZ

#34 Mar 1, 2010
Anthony NM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, how do you go from spaghetti to gay marriage? Bizarre!
I thinks it's the global economy thing or maybe the type of noodle.
A LC food eater says

Las Cruces, NM

#35 Mar 1, 2010
Have you tried the Green Chile Lasagna at Lorenzo's It is excellant, Compared to the Cold Lasagna at the Olive Garden in El Paso. I will choose Lorenzo's any time!
noodledenier

Glendale, AZ

#36 Mar 1, 2010
OMG wrote:
Olive Garden, the Restaurant of Evil!
I for one refuse to eat at P.F. Changs, as they discriminate against Eskimos.
Have you seen ONE recipe using seal blubber on a P.F. Chang menu? No!
Stop discrimination in the mass marketing, chain restautant business.
Eat only at restaurants that have well thought out, socially progressive hiring programs.
After all, if "Olive Garden" doesn't save the world, who will?
Well Will, what you looking at? A couple of noodles that came to mind; Al Gore, Obama, Dick Cheney, Bush, Pelosi,Reid,Glenn Beck, MSNBC, Fox, Clintons, ARNOLD,Palin, Helicopter Ben Bernanke,..... remember,1% of these noodles own 70% of the pasta. Check please!
steve conn

Point Roberts, WA

#37 Mar 1, 2010
All of this blather about another chain? What about the new restaurant which replaced Casa Luna?
A LC food eater says

Las Cruces, NM

#39 Mar 1, 2010
MMMMM Lorenzo's made my stomach groul, however Olive Garden reminded me of last night's beer binge and this morning's hang over!
BayArea

South San Francisco, CA

#40 Mar 1, 2010
A LC food eater says wrote:
MMMMM Lorenzo's made my stomach groul, however Olive Garden reminded me of last night's beer binge and this morning's hang over!
That wasn't a "groul" ,that my friend was the bacteria making it's way through your bowels.
Scott

Albuquerque, NM

#41 Mar 1, 2010
The Olive Garden is a prime source for food poisoning. This chain of restaraunts has a record of being close do to poor food handling, vermin, bugs, and food poisoning. They will be a favorite of the health department here. Just as bad as any Asian dump if not worse. But hey, the fat people will love it!!
Grammar Police

Albuquerque, NM

#42 Mar 1, 2010
BayAreaHydro wrote:
<quoted text>...I will eat their more often...
You should be careful when using "eat" and a personal possessive in the same sentence.:-)
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-T... 're
tradeher joe

Glendale, AZ

#44 Mar 1, 2010
Long live the clean,well-run, independent restaurants of America. A dying breed in LC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield councilor wants Walmart impact study Dec 30 Cops are degenerates 1
News Facts shed light on the folly of hoarding bulbs... (Jun '11) Nov '16 Moonbeam 4
News Chambers Filled For Conyers' Appointment to Pit... Sep '16 Cops are degenerates 7
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Jul '16 Walter 29
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul '16 Sam 92
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... (May '16) Jul '16 Hillary liar liar 109
News Opinions divided, politely, over gay pride marc... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Logic Analysis 5
More from around the web