Sex Discrimination Lawsuit Against Wa...

Sex Discrimination Lawsuit Against Walmart Reaches Supreme Court

There are 27 comments on the Digtriad.com Piedmont Triad, Winston-Salem, Greensboro Home Page story from Mar 29, 2011, titled Sex Discrimination Lawsuit Against Walmart Reaches Supreme Court. In it, Digtriad.com Piedmont Triad, Winston-Salem, Greensboro Home Page reports that:

The Supreme Court is questioning Tuesday a massive sex discrimination lawsuit on behalf of at least 500,000 women claiming that Wal-Mart favors men over women in pay and promotions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Digtriad.com Piedmont Triad, Winston-Salem, Greensboro Home Page.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#1 Mar 29, 2011
This is Serous stuff!!....It could hurt the poorer consumer looking for reasonable pricing..with higher Pricing to pay for stiff penalty's,sales will drop..so to the employment at Walmarts...No Body wins here...a PYRRHIC VICTORY AT BEST///in the end a struggling public ,in difficult times gets hurt!
LAWYERS KILLING AMERICA FOR A BUCK!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#2 Mar 29, 2011
These crazy ass "discrimination" laws created and implemented by the left need to be revised. It opened the floodgates to thousands upon thousands of frivoulous lawsuits and in this case will ultimately increase the costs of Walmart's products and goods to we the consumers if they win this stupid lawsuit.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#3 Mar 29, 2011
if women were paid even minimum wage for caring for their families, then our entire economic system would collapse, and I'm talking globally, not just here in the US.
-
These women were passed over for promotions, and were denied raises while their male counterparts were rewarded for what? having a penis?
-
they have every right to sue Walmart, Target and K-mart are next.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#4 Mar 29, 2011
anneutral wrote:
if women were paid even minimum wage for caring for their families, then our entire economic system would collapse, and I'm talking globally, not just here in the US.
-
These women were passed over for promotions, and were denied raises while their male counterparts were rewarded for what? having a penis?
-
Maybe those eeevil men had more experience, better educated, more qualified??...ever thought about that? Employers choose the best and the brightest to lead their company they dont select purely on the basis of gender. That would be retarded.

Wages and promotions should be based on merit not gender...

revise these stupid "discrimination" laws NOW!!!

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#5 Mar 29, 2011
anneutral wrote:
-
-
You of all people better hope they dont win this frivolous lawsuit which will increase the costs of Walmart products...then youd have to go back to shopping at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. LOL

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#6 Mar 29, 2011
anneutral wrote:
-
-
Maybe you should start your own business and let the liberals tell you who you can hire, how much you need to pay them, who you can and cannot promote, etc...

Go for it, Id like to see how far your business gets before you have to file bankruptcy.
Questioner

United States

#7 Mar 29, 2011
I heard on cable news that there were only 6 women bringing the suit. IF that is true the sampling error would be HUGE for a population of about a million workers. Since 6 can't reliably represent the conditions faced by such a large population (with many stores and managers) I can't see how the court can make this a class action suit.

That said, modern American politics (the court is political)doesn't seem to concerned with facts. The hubris of the American elite only matched by the ignorance of the general population.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#8 Mar 29, 2011
This is just another example of the left's never ending attack on Walmart. They hate Walmart primarily because they refuse to allow the unions to strong arm and exhort them with their typical union thug bullying tactics that they've used against thousands of other American businesses for decades.

LONG LIVE WALMART!!!
Questioner

United States

#9 Mar 29, 2011
American_Infidel wrote:
This is just another example of the left's never ending attack on Walmart. They hate Walmart primarily because they refuse to allow the unions to strong arm and exhort them with their typical union thug bullying tactics that they've used against thousands of other American businesses for decades.
LONG LIVE WALMART!!!
This comment is political bull feces! Walmart is in business to make money and the driver of their decisions is profit. The plaintiffs are trying to win money, for themselves. The lawyers want class action to make more money in fees etc. Walmart will fight the suit because it can cost them lots of money.

We have no way to know if the plaintiffs were treated unfairly, but you can't infer the state of other workers by those 6.(see my previous post)

Hopefully the court will, unlike the commenters here, make a decision based on facts and not their bias.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#10 Mar 29, 2011
Questioner wrote:
<quoted text>
This comment is political bull feces! Walmart is in business to make money and the driver of their decisions is profit. The plaintiffs are trying to win money, for themselves. The lawyers want class action to make more money in fees etc. Walmart will fight the suit because it can cost them lots of money.
We have no way to know if the plaintiffs were treated unfairly, but you can't infer the state of other workers by those 6.(see my previous post)
Hopefully the court will, unlike the commenters here, make a decision based on facts and not their bias.
I can guarantee you the Conservative leaning SCOTUS will rule in the favor of Walmart...and override the 9th circus court's liberally biased decision...as therE was no discrimination no malicious intent on the part of Walmart.

AMERICA LOVES WALMART!!!
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#11 Mar 29, 2011
anneutral wrote:
-
-
Yes, these women have every right to sue Wal*Mart. The question is whether they can sue on behalf of a class of women counting in the low one millions of women. I think the answer to that should be no. There's no way that what may have happened to those six necessarily happened to all those who sign up to be in the class.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Everyone! Email House Speaker Boehner...ask him to introduce legislation to revise these crazy ass so-called discrimination laws that is contributing to the destruction of our businesses, our economy and our country as a whole.

http://www.speaker.gov/
sue

United States

#13 Mar 29, 2011
Walmart hires people that no one else in the world would hire. They should be commended for it.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#14 Mar 29, 2011
Unlike mom and pop stores who only hire their nieces and nephews...Walmart is one of America's biggest employers, they hire thousands upon thousands throughout the country offering them decent wages, benefits and perks!
Watching in Ohio

Canal Winchester, OH

#15 Mar 29, 2011
Women of the United States need to BOYCOTT WALMART

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#16 Mar 29, 2011
Watching in Ohio wrote:
Women of the United States need to BOYCOTT WALMART
Boycotts dont work especially if Walmart holds a month long Sale for Women..everything from handbags to kitchen appliances.

hahahaha

besides alot of welfare moms shop at Walmart ...why do you hate the poor???
Watching in Ohio

Canal Winchester, OH

#17 Mar 29, 2011
the poor always have OddLots!
realism

Brooksville, FL

#18 Mar 29, 2011
Wal-Mart has whistle blowers on the payroll of every store that report any bellyaching of employees to store management and district supervisors at clandestine locations.
Anything from store pilfering by employees to union organizing talk is reported and employees deftly dismissed.
Seldom seen is longevity with employees.

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

#19 Mar 29, 2011
realism wrote:
Wal-Mart has whistle blowers on the payroll of every store that report any bellyaching of employees to store management and district supervisors at clandestine locations.
Anything from store pilfering by employees to union organizing talk is reported and employees deftly dismissed.
Seldom seen is longevity with employees.
Proof?

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#20 Mar 29, 2011
lmfao.
looks like I struck a nerve huh AI?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Wed Walter 29
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) Jul 18 Sam 92
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... Jul 14 Hillary liar liar 110
News Opinions divided, politely, over gay pride marc... Jul 5 Logic Analysis 5
News 'A danger to wives and daughters': Petition to ... Apr '16 Mayor 12
News Wal-Mart opening slated for late summer Apr '16 Elmer 17
News Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... (Aug '14) Jan '16 tricky 13
More from around the web