Plan would charge fee for plastic gro...

Plan would charge fee for plastic grocery bags

There are 125 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 16, 2011, titled Plan would charge fee for plastic grocery bags. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso city staff this year will propose a fee for plastic grocery bags -- at least at big stores such as Walmart and Albertsons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Funny

El Paso, TX

#123 Jan 19, 2011
I just don't get it.... El Pasoans have been getting screwed by this Mayor and City Council for years.

The Administration has done absolutely nothing to bring in jobs to El Paso (the engine that would increase revenues and minimize the need to increase fees and taxes), spent political muscle on Marijuana and gay benefits initiatives, make you stand up when riding public transportation,

....and finally El Paso is getting indignant and all up in arms over plastic bags???

I just don't get it.....
FRED MITCHELL

El Paso, TX

#124 Jan 19, 2011
First thing I must say is, when something needs to be fixed why must it be charged to us. It can be fixed by just stopping the use entirely of plastic bags. Force the people to buy the cloth bags and start using them. Europe has had cloth bags forever. What's next the air we exhale. Which I am sure someone will say we are contributing to global warming. Enough is enough.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#125 Jan 19, 2011
This plastic bag garbage is just stupid enough to
get passed. Hell, neighborhoods all littered up by bags, trash of all description are usually carried by welfare households anyway. Just look.

US Welfare pays for the groceries in the bags as well as well as the flopping bags. No one gives a flip one way or another.

Makes perfect sense.
24 Charlie 0 0

United States

#126 Jan 19, 2011
FRED MITCHELL wrote:
First thing I must say is, when something needs to be fixed why must it be charged to us. It can be fixed by just stopping the use entirely of plastic bags. Force the people to buy the cloth bags and start using them. Europe has had cloth bags forever. What's next the air we exhale. Which I am sure someone will say we are contributing to global warming. Enough is enough.
He Fred, not much into personal freedom, are you? Europe is calling you home, what's keeping you - See Ya!
Grocery Shopper

Los Alamos, NM

#127 Jan 23, 2011
FRED MITCHELL wrote:
Don't worry I understand what you are talking about. Unlike all these morons who will do nothing but chop down a tree to increase there easiness by 1% and increase the Earth's global warming by 2% in the process. Feel nothing when their plastic bags lying in the land fill, so plastic that will finally biodegrade in about 30 years.

Solution: No bags at all just like the Health food stores. It will be so promising to the environment if I switch over to bag less shopping. And will save on resources by 1% per person per year. Incredible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... Thu okimar 105
News To Serve God and Wal-Mart: The Making of Christ... (Jun '09) May 12 Shanille 59
News 'A danger to wives and daughters': Petition to ... Apr 27 Mayor 12
News Wal-Mart opening slated for late summer Apr '16 Elmer 18
News Milton Mayor Gord Krantz poised to become the n... (Aug '14) Jan '16 tricky 13
News GOP lawmakers want exemptions for gay marriage ... Jan '16 Jonah1 19
News Lawmakers nationwide seek exemptions for gay ma... Jan '16 Belles Echoes 16
More from around the web