Ruben Rosario: Flak aside, English-only bill is still pure pandering

Full story: TwinCities.com

'Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation.
Comments
101 - 110 of 110 Comments Last updated Aug 2, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

thissucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are always subject to proof, the ball is in your court. Without proof it's more spam, lies, assumption, or speculation. I don't question all three "FACTS" I just take issue with 1 or 2.
I say you are spam, lies, and assumptions. You are too freakin' stupid to speculate on anything.
thissucks

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

I recall a time when adults used to offer opinions on this site. Long before you showed up here. Now you, and others like you come along and have to resort to childish name calling, like an elementary school playground. Is civil discourse beyond your mental capacity? Do you have to lash out, be disrespectful and rude? If you have to do that; you have no point to make. Freedom of speech exists here, but in your mind only if someone shares YOUR THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS. You and your ilk are in good part what's wrong with this country. We can't solve the problems of this country if we can't find a way to be civil and communicate. It says "IrishMN has always been right." Your first pompous, arrogant mistake; I'm sure it won't be your last. Maybe before you know everything you ought to grow up and learn some manners and to respect people, and their opinions even if you don't agree.
lol

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few facts that I think most folks don't know about public employee pensions:
1. Public employee unions in Minnesota have the Democrat politicians in their back pocket. While public employee pensions are set by state law, that law is written by Democrat politicians who have the union bosses proof-read and approve the law before it is presented to committee, and later passed into law.
2. Public employees do contribute to their pension funds. However, it is not enough of a contribution to cover the pay-outs. That is why public employee pensions are always underfunded and looking to the legislature (tax payers) to bail them out.
3) Those public employees who pay into FICA and Medicare at the exact same rate as everyone else (6.2%* for FICA and 1.45% for Medicare) receive Social Security benefits like anyone else on top of an overly generous defined benefit pension fund.
* Reduced to 4.2% for 2011 only in accordance with the recently enacted federal tax changes
The myth that the unions are democrats is just that a myth. The reich wing hand open checkbooks to the doj and many state agancies for protection. Litterally open checkbooks from the FEDS, STATES and LOCAL governments. This is called security. These are supporting the 1.1 million law enforcement and the hundreds of toys each one has. All paid for by you the taxpayer. This is why the government workers support the GOP not the democarts as the propagnda machine leads you to beleive. The democrats support helping civilians. the republicans support helping and enlarging government as the records show. Under Bush one the most agencys from IRS to DOJ grew ten fold. The largest increase ever untill Bush two. Bush two hire blackwater and many large armys . This made them government workers. A contractor is a state worker getting half the pay and the corporation charging the state triple that amount.

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

thissucks wrote:
I recall a time when adults used to offer opinions on this site. Long before you showed up here. Now you, and others like you come along and have to resort to childish name calling, like an elementary school playground. Is civil discourse beyond your mental capacity? Do you have to lash out, be disrespectful and rude? If you have to do that; you have no point to make. Freedom of speech exists here, but in your mind only if someone shares YOUR THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS. You and your ilk are in good part what's wrong with this country. We can't solve the problems of this country if we can't find a way to be civil and communicate. It says "IrishMN has always been right." Your first pompous, arrogant mistake; I'm sure it won't be your last. Maybe before you know everything you ought to grow up and learn some manners and to respect people, and their opinions even if you don't agree.
You are an amazing piece of work.

You stepped into this discussion at post #101 and said that what I stated was “more spam, lies, assumption, or speculation”.

In post #102 I provided links and figures to back up my statements. And in post #103 I accused you of doing exactly what you accused me of doing – especially since I had the facts to back up my position.

You now come back and accuse me of being uncivil, and say “You and your ilk are in good part what's wrong with this country.”

You are right on one point. I am uncivil with those that are hypocrites about accusing others of lying while they are unable to stand behind their own statements. You are nothing other than an ignorant pawn being used by what ever union you are so beholden to.

Grow a pair and think for yourself for once. Stop reading your union’s talking points and accepting those lies as being factual.

Oh yeah, one more thing, go to hell you jack a s s.
thissucks

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

My, my, my I see your childish side is showing again. Don't play well with others on the playground do you? Do you get into the shouting match deal where you trade "I know you are but what am I?" Back and forth with the other kiddies. Probably take your football and go home on a regular basis I'd guess.
First of all I didn't say I disagreed with ALL your facts, I said "1 or 2." I said all facts are subject to proof. You sent a list of links to give credence to your "facts." Here's the thing, if someone made the claim that the "sun comes up in the west." You can be certain that somwhere out in cyberspace there is a site that would back it up. As an example, that's a bit extreme, but it makes a point. That being, for every site that backs your "facts," there will be at least one to refute them. I'm quite certain that "lol" in post #107 has his facts off the internet also to back up his claims. Quite simply, as you should know, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true.
Some "facts" for you. I am not a hypocrite, I didn't accuse you of lying. I don't belong to any union now or ever. I have a pair, and you will to when you get older and they drop down. I'm not a jackass and if I do go to hell I'm certain I'll see you there. Have a nice day.

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

thissucks wrote:
My, my, my I see your childish side is showing again. Don't play well with others on the playground do you? Do you get into the shouting match deal where you trade "I know you are but what am I?" Back and forth with the other kiddies. Probably take your football and go home on a regular basis I'd guess.
First of all I didn't say I disagreed with ALL your facts, I said "1 or 2." I said all facts are subject to proof. You sent a list of links to give credence to your "facts." Here's the thing, if someone made the claim that the "sun comes up in the west." You can be certain that somwhere out in cyberspace there is a site that would back it up. As an example, that's a bit extreme, but it makes a point. That being, for every site that backs your "facts," there will be at least one to refute them. I'm quite certain that "lol" in post #107 has his facts off the internet also to back up his claims. Quite simply, as you should know, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true.
Some "facts" for you. I am not a hypocrite, I didn't accuse you of lying. I don't belong to any union now or ever. I have a pair, and you will to when you get older and they drop down. I'm not a jackass and if I do go to hell I'm certain I'll see you there. Have a nice day.
You are right, I don't play well with others that make accusations they can not back up.

I'd love to see your figures that dispute what I say about unions and Dems being in bed together. I'd also love to see you educate me about public pension programs not being underfunded.

Have a nice life. I don't think you and I will ever have a beer summit, will we?
Le Dumbo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I don't play well with others that make accusations they can not back up.
I'd love to see your figures that dispute what I say about unions and Dems being in bed together. I'd also love to see you educate me about public pension programs not being underfunded.
Have a nice life. I don't think you and I will ever have a beer summit, will we?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Speaking of which, you're off the wagon again?
ILLEGAL A-HOLE

Cresco, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

Le Dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
That was my wedding vow
thissucks

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
RIF: Reading Is Fundamental Read what I said and respond to it. Out of your facts I didn't say which I took issue with. It might not be "unions and dems," and it may not be "public pension plans." You take great latitude in your assumptions. Once again I made no "assumptions," you seem to have monopolized the assumptions department. It says "IrishMN has always been right." It should read "IrishMN has always been EXTREME right." Because the word right in this case couldn't possibly mean correct. Have a good day on the playground; don't get your clothes dirty.
Marc D

Saint-max, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

thissucks wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point completely. First of all, English is the official language of the airline industry, not just here, worldwide. If you take off from Paris and land in Bucharest all communications between the ground and sky will be in English. I chose it as an "example" because it helps illustrate how important communication is and how ridiculously ineffective and expensive it would be to have everyone trying to communicate in a different language. There are people that have been in this country for years and still don't speak English. Why? Apparently they're apathetic to the point they don't care. Why should they when we coddle them by providing literature, signs, "press 1 for English," and translaters. Good luck finding a job.
Yes, but it isn't because the French, the Germans, the Dutch, etc. use English in the airline industry that all French, Germans, etc. speak English. Which shows that most things can work out when people speak different languages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Box Retailers Discussions

Search the Big Box Retailers Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Accused of Negligence, Wal-Mart Responds to Tra... Jul 20 UhHuh 1
Walmart store plan divides Ballston residents Jun '14 Bonnie 1
The Poor Shouldn't Have To Bear The Cost Of Sol... Jun '14 Alison Young 4
Southfield rejects plans for Walmart store (Feb '13) May '14 idjet 6
What Wal-Mart prefers to keep secret May '14 streamline means job loss 1
Chicago Approves Ban On Plastic Shopping Bags May '14 Guest 1
Day Worker Center celebrates first year Apr '14 John Colby 5
•••
•••