One worker; one of the privileged elite

One worker; one of the privileged elite

There are 18 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Nov 18, 2010, titled One worker; one of the privileged elite. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Sam Walton died in 1992, but there is little question that if he were alive today, he would be among the primary targets of the class-warfare proponents, otherwise known as progressive Democrats, the supporters of the party that was thoroughly rejected by Americans on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

The Oil Man

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 18, 2010
"Unfortunately, Keynesian economic theory has been a failure whenever it has been exercised."

The next fiscal stimulus that works will be the first in recorded history. Neo-Keynesians and Monetarists need to be routed from the swamps of DC.

Japan has 16+ stimulus efforts since 1990 and they have nothing to show for it except 200% debt-to-GDP.
ionfield

Henderson, NV

#2 Nov 18, 2010
"...during the first 20 months of his presidency, an almost complete destruction of the U.S. economy by Barack Obama."

And once again Sernoffsky attempts to rewrite history to suit his own biased and distorted view of events. It was George W. Bush that sent the country into the Great Recession and left Obama holding the bag. It will most likely take a decade or more for Obama and his successor to right the destruction that Bush left behind.
Anthony Gebhard

Tampa, FL

#3 Nov 22, 2010
Maybe Sernoffsky needs to remind his minions that Walmart is good! As I recall, North Cornwall Township residents didn't want one.
Vanity Fair

Lebanon, PA

#4 Nov 22, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
Maybe Sernoffsky needs to remind his minions that Walmart is good! As I recall, North Cornwall Township residents didn't want one.
Only the yuppy-trash portion.
Anthony Gebhard

Haines City, FL

#5 Nov 22, 2010
Vanity Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the yuppy-trash portion.
That is an ignorant remark. There are many "average" families that live in NCT that didn't want the Walmart.
Morbius

Myerstown, PA

#6 Nov 23, 2010
ionfield wrote:
"...during the first 20 months of his presidency, an almost complete destruction of the U.S. economy by Barack Obama."
And once again Sernoffsky attempts to rewrite history to suit his own biased and distorted view of events. It was George W. Bush that sent the country into the Great Recession and left Obama holding the bag. It will most likely take a decade or more for Obama and his successor to right the destruction that Bush left behind.
And, again, liberals utilize selective memory.

The Damnocrats had been in charge of the House since 2006, hence they controlled spending. And under their infamous direction the budget was blown to the record levels we have today.

And, oh by gosh by golly, Barack Hussein Obama was a Senator voting in favor of those same bloated budgets!

If your man Obama was such a messiah, why did he help drive the bus off the cliff?
Vanity Fair

Lebanon, PA

#7 Nov 23, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an ignorant remark. There are many "average" families that live in NCT that didn't want the Walmart.
Sorry, but over the years with the addition of cookie-cutter mcmansion deveopments like Creekside; Runnymede east, and others, the township has gone from a middle-class, somewhat agricultural community to "Latteville".

The result? The election of idiot yuppies Kip and Ralph, two supposedly educated men who can't follow the directions on a budget worksheet, and who pay over $40,000.00 for the creation of a yuppie-land zoning ordinance that among other things prevents residents from putting out Christmas lights one day before Nov. 25th, and makes it a crime to cut your grass after 7:00 p.m., or to blow snow before 7:00 in the morning, so you can make it to work.

Besides, Antnee, aren't you the fella who whined about how you couldn't find a decent job up here? How much do you really know about North Cornwall Township, seeing as you chose to live in Heaven's waiting room?
Anthony Gebhard

Haines City, FL

#8 Nov 23, 2010
Vanity Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but over the years with the addition of cookie-cutter mcmansion deveopments like Creekside; Runnymede east, and others, the township has gone from a middle-class, somewhat agricultural community to "Latteville".
The result? The election of idiot yuppies Kip and Ralph, two supposedly educated men who can't follow the directions on a budget worksheet, and who pay over $40,000.00 for the creation of a yuppie-land zoning ordinance that among other things prevents residents from putting out Christmas lights one day before Nov. 25th, and makes it a crime to cut your grass after 7:00 p.m., or to blow snow before 7:00 in the morning, so you can make it to work.
Besides, Antnee, aren't you the fella who whined about how you couldn't find a decent job up here? How much do you really know about North Cornwall Township, seeing as you chose to live in Heaven's waiting room?
Well maybe I am out of touch with reality, but I would hardly consider that everyone that lives in or near developments such as Creekside to be overly wealthy. I grew up near Creekside, my father a lumberjack and my mother a bookkeeper. I believe that they represent the typical hardworking middle class. Sure, we had neighbors with extravagant houses, but that was not the norm. While I cannot speak for everyone, my parents as well as some of those in the neighborhood were not handed anything on a silver spoon.

Also, I never whined about not finding a decent job up there. I left the area for two reasons; one was to continue my education and the second was to get a fresh prospective of the world.

My wife and I plan to move back one day to start a family, but thanks to comments like yours, we are having second guesses.
Vanity Fair

Lebanon, PA

#9 Nov 24, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe I am out of touch with reality, but I would hardly consider that everyone that lives in or near developments such as Creekside to be overly wealthy. I grew up near Creekside, my father a lumberjack and my mother a bookkeeper. I believe that they represent the typical hardworking middle class. Sure, we had neighbors with extravagant houses, but that was not the norm. While I cannot speak for everyone, my parents as well as some of those in the neighborhood were not handed anything on a silver spoon.
Also, I never whined about not finding a decent job up there. I left the area for two reasons; one was to continue my education and the second was to get a fresh prospective of the world.
My wife and I plan to move back one day to start a family, but thanks to comments like yours, we are having second guesses.
You'd be welcome up here, as long as you didn't support the present "ruling elite" who are now attempting to govern the Township by passing a zoning ordinance that dictates nonsense like I've posted above.

I'll bet you could even follow dircetions on a budget worksheet.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 Nov 24, 2010
ionfield wrote:
THE DISTRUCTION OF AMERICA……………….BY BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA………EDITED BY NANCY PELOSI
St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday. WHAT WAS ONCE THE MAIN STAY CURRENCY OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO ITS KNEES IN JUST 18 MONTHS.

BIG SIS: Next step for body scanners could be trains, boats, metro...KISS THE 4TH AMMENDMENT GOODBY…………………………UNTIL 2012.
POLL: 61% oppose new airport security measures...
Scanner Uproar Shadows Holiday Travel...

Squatters overrunning foreclosed homes in LA...MORE FREE HOUSING FOR ILLEGALS. THANKS FOR LEAVING OUR BORDERS OPEN, mr. president>

CAIR to Muslims: Ask to pat yourself down... MORONS ARE US TO THE RESCUE………….
carl

Blue Ball, PA

#11 Nov 24, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>
Those average families were not out in mass against it...

(please dont resort to name calling again)
carl

Blue Ball, PA

#12 Nov 24, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>

Really? You would not move to a place because of no name postings on a website... you made my day
Anthony Gebhard

Tampa, FL

#13 Nov 24, 2010
carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those average families were not out in mass against it...
(please dont resort to name calling again)
Oh, carl... my family was against it. Are they not average middleclass? And I believe they are Republicans, not the progessive democrats that Sernoffsky is hounding on here. Sernoffsky's claims are just as fallacious and incoherent as your posts.
Anthony Gebhard

Tampa, FL

#14 Nov 24, 2010
carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You would not move to a place because of no name postings on a website... you made my day
The postings only reinforce what I have encountered in person when I lived in the area. I was labeled a "liberal elite" and "rich college boy" by many in the community whenever it was made known that I attended LVC, before anyone actually got to know me.
Anthony Gebhard

Tampa, FL

#15 Nov 24, 2010
Vanity Fair wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be welcome up here, as long as you didn't support the present "ruling elite" who are now attempting to govern the Township by passing a zoning ordinance that dictates nonsense like I've posted above.
I'll bet you could even follow dircetions on a budget worksheet.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
Thanks,

Best Holiday wishes to you as well.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Nov 25, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>
The postings only reinforce what I have encountered in person when I lived in the area. I was labeled a "liberal elite" and "rich college boy" by many in the community whenever it was made known that I attended LVC, before anyone actually got to know me.
Cost of operating Air Force One Hits $181,757 per hour as Obama Sets Travel Record...FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVING TO HAVE THANKSGIVING AT SHELTERS………….THANK THE FLIER IN CHIEF.
carl

Lebanon, PA

#17 Nov 25, 2010
Anthony Gebhard wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, carl... my family was against it. Are they not average middleclass? And I believe they are Republicans, not the progessive democrats that Sernoffsky is hounding on here. Sernoffsky's claims are just as fallacious and incoherent as your posts.
i said "in mass" so anyway you ( N corn twp)are not getting a walmart but now the biggest commercial development in leb co history which just re enforces the argument that the so called elites were against a supposed "low class" Walmart store, not development.
Anthony Gebhard

Haines City, FL

#18 Nov 25, 2010
carl wrote:
<quoted text>
i said "in mass" so anyway you ( N corn twp)are not getting a walmart but now the biggest commercial development in leb co history which just re enforces the argument that the so called elites were against a supposed "low class" Walmart store, not development.
Even the local businesses didn't want the Wal-mart or the development. If I remember correctly, Fred Lorenzo and others who own nearby businesses didn't want either being built. This has nothing to do with this so-called "elites". People don't want the Wal-mart and don't want the development for the simple fact that they want to stay true to roots of the area, that being rural agricultural community. They want the farms and not development of any kind. This was the true concern of the "average person". But at the end of the day money talks, don't you just love unrestrained capitalism??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Box Retailers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milton Mayor poised to become the next Hazel Mc... (Aug '14) Jul '17 easy with slots cash 7
News What is a painting worth? Rockwell director coo... Jul '17 Blind Willie McDill 1
News Retail armageddon: More bankruptcies in four mo... Jun '17 Zombies 1
News Why are there no black-owned grocery stores in ... May '17 watching livonia 36
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... (May '16) Apr '17 Dawn 109
News Amazon's Ultimatum to City of East Palo Alto: C... (Mar '17) Mar '17 dinerdash2001 1
News Warren Buffett Knows Something About Walmart (Feb '17) Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
More from around the web